them

MisterC

2 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Aye I was there, cheers.

I still think I’m right though. You can’t tell me that you’re not infuriated by our constant side to side passing in the middle of the park?

Goal difference will be really fucking important this year and they’re out scoring us as it stands.

They aren’t out scoring us as it stands, you seem incapable of reading a league table 

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

Aye I was there, cheers.

I still think I’m right though. You can’t tell me that you’re not infuriated by our constant side to side passing in the middle of the park?

Goal difference will be really fucking important this year and they’re out scoring us as it stands.

They play a different style to us.

It gets them results in Scotland against the cannon fodder, but falls apart when they play in Europe against good teams.

If our style with our players also gets the wins against the cannon fodder with minimal dropped points, then it all comes down to how our style works against theirs in the head to heads. We will also tend to do better in Europe than them.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We won 4 nil yesterday. Both of us should be skelping these teams every week 

They are better at fuck all, cunts can't even get past Christmas outside Scottish football. 

If we could show the same contempt they do we're comfortably the better team. We show our quality against actual good teams.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Ok mystic Meg, but you should learn what “as it stands” means 

Oh I do.

In terms of goals per minute played, at this very moment, as it stands, they’re out scoring us.

2 minutes ago, tm91 said:

This. celtic are flat-track bullies. They won't drop many points in Scotland but will be lucky to still be in Europe after December. They'll beat poorer siders but struggle against sides of equal or better quality. I'm pretty confident we'll get the better of them in the 4 games and very confident we'll be in Europe longer than they will.

The issue is consistency against the other sides. They're less likely to drop stupid points than we are.

And that is exactly the problem. 

Europe is nice and all that but if the cannon fodder of our league consistently shit the bed against them while they park the bus against us all the time then they’ll win the league no matter what we do. It’s what cost us last year.

15 minutes ago, Bydo said:

As much as I hate to say it, they are so much better than we are at spotting runners and playing long passes in behind defenders.

Our reliance on playing safe passes in the middle, getting it out to wingers and not enough quality crosses against teams like these mean we score fewer goals, and that’s the reason why they will win at least 3-0 today and be back on top of the league.

They wont shag you mate.

They seem to have a massive reliance on that Jota prick who admittedly is a good player.

Hopefully they have a spell with him out injured where they drop some points.

Kinda feel we don't really have that kind of reliance anymore.

Morelos or Kent being out for a period and we would have struggled. Now we have Lawrence, Tillman, Matundo and Colak all able to chip in.

If you were to choose a old firm 11 based on ability, it would probably be a fairly even split. However, I think if you were to put together a 25 man squad, we would have a big majority from our squad in there.

I quite fancy the strength of our squad to come into play when they start having to worry about playing two games a week. Unfortunately (for the title race), I don't expect them to have a long lasting fixture congestion since they are likely to get pumped out of Europe by Christmas.

The Old Firm games will be absolutely critical this season.

Last season, we win the last Ibrox OF, then we’re champions.

We’ll both win most weeks so it will come down to the twelve points from these games.

Like everyone else, you hope teams like Killie might put up a bit of resistance but we all know it’s not going to happen.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Fuck spending your sunday saying how wonderful they are 😆 

Weirdos man

Come on to fuck man, who said they were wonderful?

I’m saying that the way they play against the absolute mince in our league means that they win games early and score lots of goals. I’m not saying they can beat us- BUT I think that we should be looking to do the same rather than wait for the second half to put these kinds of teams to the sword like the previous two games.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

The Old Firm games will be absolutely critical this season.

Last season, we win the last Ibrox OF, then we’re champions.

We’ll both win most weeks so it will come down to the twelve points from these games.

Like everyone else, you hope teams like Killie might put up a bit of resistance but we all know it’s not going to happen.

Did they not drop points in a dead rubber after the title was over the line?

1 minute ago, Bydo said:

Come on to fuck man, who said they were wonderful?

I’m saying that the way they play against the absolute mince in our league means that they win games early and score lots of goals. I’m not saying they can beat us- BUT I think that we should be looking to do the same rather than wait for the second half to put these kinds of teams to the sword like the previous two games.

We've won 3 from 3 with a squad not fully gelled yet. That will come.

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

They fucking did last week, and to an extent we let them, and teams like them, by playing far too many safe passes in the middle of the park.

3 minutes ago, Bydo said:

And that is exactly the problem. 

Europe is nice and all that but if the cannon fodder of our league consistently shit the bed against them while they park the bus against us all the time then they’ll win the league no matter what we do. It’s what cost us last year.

I agree with this. The filth seem to know how to dispatch the dross of the SPFL easily and attack quickly and potently, whereas we are more ‘considered’ in our approach. Our style means we do better in Europe than them but also means we have a harder time when it comes to breaking down teams in the SPFL. I watched about 10 mins of the filth there and they could have scored 5 in that time. They are good middle to front against the dross, no doubt about it.

We have to match them point for point as I doubt many teams will do us a favour.

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

They play a different style to us.

It gets them results in Scotland against the cannon fodder, but falls apart when they play in Europe against good teams.

If our style with our players also gets the wins against the cannon fodder with minimal dropped points, then it all comes down to how our style works against theirs in the head to heads. We will also tend to do better in Europe than them.

100% spot on. They are a more flair team while we are a stronger more solid team if that makes sense. 
They move the ball faster and are more direct which will see them score more against the shite in our league. 
Against better quality they struggle given the fact they’re far more open and better teams can pick at them where our solid base is better suited to a step up. 
If we were away to Kilmarnock today we’d get the win but it would probably be a 2-0 or 2-1 and it would be a bit of a slog. They get ahead and pile on the pressure till they score 3 or 4.

There’s not a lot separating the two teams over a season and makes the 4 old firms huge. 
My concern isn’t us playing them though, it’s us playing the rest. Because of our style and the fact teams do raise it more for us  there’s more chance of some of the rest getting lucky against us than them.

We can’t drop the silly points we did last season or we are fucked again - they won’t drop much