UPDATE: Rangers accept Morelos 3 match ban

CooperSF

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Didn't even show a goal from that match on the major channels.

Just about every news TV channel reported Morelos scoring the winner but could/should have been sent off earlier. He was portrayed as the devil encarnate.

Leans the compliance officer and the failed system towards a red card before they even view the incident. 

Meanwhile, very few even mentioned McGregor's aggressive stamp, which was intentional imo. 

Zero parity.

Yip or the old favourite from pundits - he’s not that type of player.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Yes I agree, the stamp it seems has been forgot about.

This system is not fit for purpose where TV/Radio pundits get certain players done and others are not ie Edouard a few games ago. 

Spot on about the system it needs to be scrapped. 

If it was just being used for incidents that officials missed then so be it.

It isn't but it is being used to re-officiate games per the co and the review panel. 

What is the point now in an officials making a call when they have clear view. If the CO is just going to swoop in and change it anyway.

I have watched the incident and I have seen photos of it. From everything I have seen Morelos leg does not straighten enough for it to be an intentional stamp. His back foot is on the ground mainly so for any sort of forceful stamp his leg would need to straighten out fully. It does not, it's pretty much still bent at point of contact. That would suggest their was no intent. He also appears to be fully looking at the ball.   

Rational decision making does not come into when it comes to Morelos though. 

FWIW I think it was an accident. He pulled his foot off quick. So was it?:

Oops, nearly hurt him there.

or

Fuck, hope the ref didn't see that.

or

Thought about it but I'm not like that anymore.

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Why is Morelos singled out for being petulant when clearly there are other petulant players in the league?

Petulant is a tarrier buzz word some of our fans latched onto had never ever heard it being used towards any player before the tarriers started it with Alfy 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

First was debatable, but still petulant as fuck. On Brown was a clear red, although Brown should have been cited. The McKenna one was on his baws, not his face? Unless I’ve forgotten it. 

Petulant isn't a red.

The 2nd one wax a foul to him. If we ig ord that its a 50/50 red.

The 3rd was Morelos leg got caught and held near McKennas baws then McKenba launched up to Morelos face with his studs.

Barely a red amongst them. For each of them ill give 10 worse challenges.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yip or the old favourite from pundits - he’s not that type of player.

But Morelos is that type despite most of his reputation being blown out of proportion.Red cards overturned and witch hunts bordering on racism and definitely bigotry .

Scotlans is a great place .

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Petulant isn't a red.

The 2nd one wax a foul to him. If we ig ord that its a 50/50 red.

The 3rd was Morelos leg got caught and held near McKennas baws then McKenba launched up to Morelos face with his studs.

Barely a red amongst them. For each of them ill give 10 worse challenges.

Depending on the context, it absolute can be. 

Viewed through very thick blue tinted specs I think. 

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Petulant is a tarrier buzz word some of our fans latched onto had never ever heard it being used towards any player before the tarriers started it with Alfy 

Meanwhile one of their players who has a far worse issue for lashing out but manages to get away with it is praised by all for his wind up tactics .

11 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He actually did have a stroke mate just not tonight 

I should add to my last reply to you, that I didn’t know the big fella had a stroke and that’s not what my shite attempt at patter was about 😂

16 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Why is Morelos singled out for being petulant when clearly there are other petulant players in the league?

For some - purely because he plays for us and he’s been our biggest threat in previous seasons.

For others - they simply dislike him and you ask yourself how they can dislike a Young Colombian so much.

We all know this is corrupt, but Morelos is at fault AGAIN. How many times is he going to put us at risk. 

Sent off v UFA where we qualified with 9 men.

Sent off v celtic in first half

Banned for elbowing Dundee Utd player. If it was seen properly then we may have lost that game

If he'd got the red he deserved on Wednesday then we would have dropped points.

There are so many other examples.

A loveable great player and character but he's never going to control his temper.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

For some - purely because he plays for us and he’s been our biggest threat in previous seasons.

For others - they simply dislike him and you ask yourself why they can dislike a Young Colombian so much.

Agreed but the label petulant can be used for so many other players in the league, yet it isn't. No one calls them out.

11 minutes ago, Barasa said:

FWIW I think it was an accident. He pulled his foot off quick. So was it?:

Oops, nearly hurt him there.

or

Fuck, hope the ref didn't see that.

or

Thought about it but I'm not like that anymore.

Start a thread asking these questions and give us all another laugh 

Archived