Domestic European Football

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Old Trafford could house the the entire population of Villarreal with 25000 seats left, of course it’s David vs Goliath

It was the final of a European competition not the FA cup 3rd round of course it wasn’t.

That Jake Humphrey is one patronising prick.

35 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah I’m pretty sure it was in Turkey mate. Was a 9.45pm ko local time. By the time they had extra time and penalties it was nearly 1am I think.

It was indeed.  What a night and I bet the architect of the Istanbul triumph is enjoying a wee dram or two tonight.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

De Gea has conceded 36 pens in a row. 5 years since he saved one

The first penalty they claimed Moreno had scored 12/12 this season and De Gea hadn't saved a penalty in the Premier league for over 6years.....I was certain that De Gea was going save:lol:

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Tough on De Gea. You have to feel for him there.

Not really. Obviously he's not a goal scorer but it was his inability to save even one of the eleven penalties he faced in a row which put him in to the position of having to take a penalty hmself.

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

My point is he failed to save any of the penalties in the shootout we did take part in this season. What’s your point? That he’d have scored one?

He saved one the round before. Just saying.

The real argument against GOAT's post lies in the question do you think McGregor would have failed to save 11 penalties tonight putting himself in to the position of having to take one himself?

31 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Not really. Obviously he's not a goal scorer but it was his inability to save even one of the eleven penalties he faced in a row which put him in to the position of having to take a penalty hmself.

My point was on him having to take a penalty. I felt sorry he was put in that position.

I agree, a keeper has to save at least one of those. He hasn't been good for quite some time.

Just now, bluenoz said:

My point was on him having to take a penalty. I felt sorry he was put  that position.

I agree, a keeper has to save at least one of those. He hasn't been good for quite some time.

I know mate. I got your point but it was he who put himself in to that position of having to take one. All of the penalties were crackers TBF but there were at least 2 that I can remember which he got a hand to and still failed to keep out.

I mentioned it earlier at the start of the panalty shoot out but bigger questions have to be asked why when Man U won the toss of the coin that they chose to let Villareal take the first penalty. I might have picked that up wrongly but it looked that way to me. They put themselves on the backfoot immediately.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

I mentioned it earlier at the start of the panalty shoot out but bigger questions have to be asked why when Man U won the toss of the coin that they chose to let Villareal take the first penalty. I might have picked that up wrongly but it looked that way to me. They put themselves on the backfoot immediately.

There were two coin tosses. One for which end and one for deciding who goes first. Villarreal won both coin tosses.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

There were two coin tosses. One for which end and one for deciding who goes first. Villarreal won both coin tosses.

Aye I seen the two. I had the volume down but I though Man U won the 2nd. Makes sense if they didn't.

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

Hopefully it'll help our coefficient. I doubt it. It's huge for St Johnstone. 

Wish them all the best. Hope they can continue their good form for next season but they will struggle to hold that team together imo