Gerrard, Davidson, Martindale and Clarke for MOTY

4 hours ago, Inigo said:

I can see arguments for all but Clarke, but if Davidson finishes top 6 and wins two cups it has to be him for me. 

Otherwise it's Gerrard all day long.

Getting Scotland to first major finals in 20 years is no mean feat- same with Saints manager, brilliant season for a provincial club, but the way Rangers have dominated the league is amazing. I’ll be shocked if it’s not Gerrard 

St Johnstone have put the second best team in Scotland out the cup who in turn put out the best team in Scotland so Davidson has done a good job.

obviously Gerrard has been unreal this year and I want him to win but wouldn’t be too disappointed if Davidson gets it.

Doesn’t mean I want Davidson as manager in case that’s how it reads 

It has to be Stevie G for me, winning the league by a mile and getting to Europa league last 16 by beating some good euro teams along the way outweighs the possibility of winning 2 domestic cups.

Only the hate for our Club will stop this happening.

Ps, Clarke can win his own MOTY,.     Mhank of the year.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Getting Scotland to first major finals in 20 years is no mean feat- same with Saints manager, brilliant season for a provincial club, but the way Rangers have dominated the league is amazing. I’ll be shocked if it’s not Gerrard 

Not sure Clarke deserves as much credit as he is getting for getting Scotland to the Euros. We failed to get through the qualifiers and got through by having won our Nations League which was before his time. We beat Israel and Slovakia (I think that's who it was, or was it Slovenia) both on penalty shoot outs, very fine margins.

2 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

No mean feat,what in the back door and only because the rules were changed so the diddy teams had umpteen attempts at it,fucking joke.

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

There is no comparison as to which is the more difficult to win. Then add to our success in Europe, that also gives the scum a boost. 

It's like saying Davidson is a better manager than Gerrard and there is only one answer to that. 

St Johnstone had won one major cup in their history previous to this season 

if he delivers two in one season then he is well worthy of the award. 

Clarke should be nowhere near it and his inclusion is a red neck.

Scotland scraped to the Euro’s through some back door qualifying route cooked up by uefa when they extended the teams in the tournament. And still needed two penalty shootouts to do it . Results before and after those two games have been just as shite and underwhelming as usual for a Scotland team :lol:

25 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Not sure Clarke deserves as much credit as he is getting for getting Scotland to the Euros. We failed to get through the qualifiers and got through by having won our Nations League which was before his time. We beat Israel and Slovakia (I think that's who it was, or was it Slovenia) both on penalty shoot outs, very fine margins.

Was Serbia mate but as others have worded it, we’ve got in through the back door. 
as Jackie McNamara would say, ‘it’s no even a good tournament.’

we don’t even leave the UK! 

Some consideration needs to be given to the standard of player at the managers disposal. Thats why Davidson is a worthy contender. Clarke has shite players without doubt, but he has had many shite results, and his style of play is toxic.

All things considered Gerrard should win, but this is Scotland.

15 hours ago, Inigo said:

I think a top 6 and 2 cups for an outfit like St J trumps it.

It's a tough one. I can see your point. But 38 games undefeated in the League, if we do it, is special

I don't think you can ignore what Gerrard has been doing on the European front. 9 wins and a couple of draws against decent teams. 1 defeat. And this also helps Scottish football in general by boosting the coefficient - that can't be ignored in the thinking.

3 defeats it would be in 56 matches, potentially 44 wins.

16 hours ago, Inigo said:

I think a top 6 and 2 cups for an outfit like St J trumps it.

I agree with this. It is a hell of an achievement “if” he manages it. 

as much as I want us to win everything and as great a season as Our manager has had. Davidson would deserve manager of the year. 

plus, do you think Gerrard cares? He won’t be adding “Scotland Manager of the Year” to his CV to get his next job interview. Davidson very much will.