Looking Back

This season has surpassed everything and anything I imagined! 

From after New year last year, and they cunts getting handed a title I didn't know. Booked my holidays in work July/August last year for right now and next week, so I was quite confident we would do it, and the team didn't let us down. Happy days! :UK:

I went into this season thinking we win the league, it was going to go down to the wire. Last day of the season stuff. 

What we've done has been incredible. Clean sheet record, earliest league win and the chance to now finish it off invincible before captain tav lifts the trophy in the air. 

Its going to be some moment finally seeing that trophy home where it belongs.

I thought it would go down to the wire. Sometimes I think pipping them to it on the last day of the season would have been sweeter, but I certainly cant complain about how we won it. Just wish we could have been there to witness it. A bit anticlimactic because of that but I'm sure Saturday will be like old times 

After the pre season games in France I had a good feeling, we looked sharp and very organised then beating Aberdeen away was the best start only after the livi and hibs games did I think we might not do it.

Last summer I was worried about the partnership of Goldson and Helander and thought we needed someone more pacey and we did sign Balogun who's been excellent when called on but the other two have been unbelievably good, that whole back 4 plus the keeper have been just sublime the tactics from the manager and Beale this season have been spot on.

At the start of the season, I hoped for the best but feared another New Year drop in form and it going wrong for us. The team have more than lived up to my hopes and this season feels so special.

The pre season was decent and I enjoyed the way Kent, Morelos, Hagi & Aribo all linked up swapping positions, it was then I felt we would have more going forward than the previous campaign, but key was the defence, we shipped too many goals to individual errors last season which ultimately led to us dropping points.....I started to believe when we kept keeping clean sheets, we stopped leaking easy goals which contributed to 3pts more often than not....it turned out to be the perfect storm for a perfect league campaign 

I remember when we we're making our way back up just how long it seemed to take, every season that passed, fuck me it was a slog, then we get up and I'm at Ibrox for us against Hamilton thinking fucking yassssssss going for #55, we drew that game and as we all know it's taken even more time to get here, but at least we we're true to our word when we sang' the Lisbon lions won't see ten in a row! By fuck it's been emotional but absolutely vital, we are and always have been Scotland's premier club, suck it in lurker's we are back bigger better and stronger than before!! 🇬🇧👌#56

Because of scar tissue, i expected us to dip in form when it came to early 2021.

When we were giving them all the ball and chances on the 2nd of Jan first half, i was thinking if we lose we will start to go off the boil. But we won and that game changed everything.

Killie away was a big one for us but the biggest prior to xmas was Motherwell at home. At 1-0 down i couldn't see us coming back. Then we got some magic from Itten and Roofe. 

January 2nd at full time onwards has been so enjoyable even through covid.

Overall it's a season never to forget and it's been amazing to watch these players grow in 3 years. The scar tissue is gone and i no longer have the fear for league games. I'm very confident we will win next season and enter the Champions League. 

When we drew at Livi and Hibs at the start of the season I was thinking it’s going to be one of those seasons again where we drop points in crucial games.

However after winning 1-0 at Rugby Park a few weeks after the first Old Firm I started to believe and never had any doubts since.

For me:

15 hours ago, CumbernauldBear said:

- how many of us were confident back at the start of the season that this would finally be the season we’d see the league coming home?

Not impossible but unlikely. We were in a situation where we'd never have been favourites for a title until we had already won one again

- how many of us would have thought we’d finish the season potentially unbeaten and potentially with over 100 points?

No chance

- how many of us went into pretty much every game after our fantastic start to the season expecting us to falter?

Not really, been confident since around November, wasn't expecting the 2nd half of season collapse that others did but it was always possible

- how many of us until it was mathematically impossible for us to lose the league still panicked at every game?

I considered it sewn up after the January Old Firm game, realistically is was already won before that.

We fucked it last year TBH, it was there for us.

Was always an element of shit or bust to this season - if we could (have) impose our total control we show in Europe we would win if we turned into the weirdos we became after beating celtic last year we wouldn’t 

Don’t do to Dubai 

But aye it’s quite easily the most meaningful title I’ve seen us win, 8,9, Helicopter Sunday v 1 and 2 and 2010/11 were great but this is another level even to them.