*****Rangers v Arsenal*****

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Aye he’s a big lad 🤣

Got a fair burst of pace on him as well, think a few of our fans underrate his potential.

Can't mind who he was up against but he done a chop to come inside a few times n sent the cunt to the shops 😂

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I might be wrong but am sure it was Tav he covered until he made a cunt of it then Patterson came it 

Balogun definitely played in place of Tav at some point but I thought he also played on the left.   I just don't see a player in Bassey for our level.

6 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I just don't rate Bassey.  I don't think he is a good defender.  

I’m of the same view, but he was good at the weekend and had a good European performance off the bench a while back. St Mirren was a shocker but he might have learned from it. Willing to give him more time.

Mental that people can’t see that Bassey has huge potential, admittedly he had a shocker at St Mirren and that seemed to dent his confidence and the managers confidence in him but before st Mirren plenty on here where saying he looked decent and he had barley put a foot wrong.  He’s still young he’s a monster, has a decent burst of pace and can beat a man to cut in side or hit the bye line, look at how he was chopped down a couple of times against Arsenal when running at them full pelt. Needs to improve defensively and work on his final ball, but I’m sure these improvements will come.

34 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mental that people can’t see that Bassey has huge potential, admittedly he had a shocker at St Mirren and that seemed to dent his confidence and the managers confidence in him but before st Mirren plenty on here where saying he looked decent and he had barley put a foot wrong.  He’s still young he’s a monster, has a decent burst of pace and can beat a man to cut in side or hit the bye line, look at how he was chopped down a couple of times against Arsenal when running at them full pelt. Needs to improve defensively and work on his final ball, but I’m sure these improvements will come.

That’s the issue for me, gets caught under the ball an awful lot. 

11 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

He can't defend in my opinion.  

5 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Barasic Is best going forward and his delivery and assists are quality but he also isn't great defensively. What he gives us attacking wise outweighs his defensive lapses.

Barisic is a far better defender than Bassey by a country mile.

23 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Yes but after a full year of settling in. 

Also ones a young player at the start of his career the others an international player at his peak years. Barasic is obviously a better all round player at this time, nobody is disputing that,  Bassey is raw talent that can be developed into a solid quality professional . 

4 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Also ones a young player at the start of his career the others an international player at his peak years. Barasic is obviously a better all round player at this time, nobody is disputing that,  Bassey is raw talent that can be developed into a solid quality professional . 

I like Bassey. For a big lad he is comfortable on the ball. Has power and pace. The defensive side can be worked on.