*****The Official Malmo FF v Rangers thread*****

MisterC

I had bigger hopes for Itten than Roofe before last season, but he hasn't yet earned that first XI status.

StevieG has obviously played him more in the friendlies to get him up to speed in the absence of Morelos and Roofe for Europe, but he hasn't stepped up. If we have CL ambitions, we need Morelos in for Malmo/Olympiakos/Ludogrets.

i can understand the board needing to sell, but if Morelos can help us to the CL group stage, I can accept him going thereafter, though the 2nd leg play off tie is only a week before the window closes?

13 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

I had bigger hopes for Itten than Roofe before last season, but he hasn't yet earned that first XI status.

StevieG has obviously played him more in the friendlies to get him up to speed in the absence of Morelos and Roofe for Europe, but he hasn't stepped up. If we have CL ambitions, we need Morelos in for Malmo/Olympiakos/Ludogrets.

i can understand the board needing to sell, but if Morelos can help us to the CL group stage, I can accept him going thereafter, though the 2nd leg play off tie is only a week before the window closes?

Question for me is do we sell players and put at risk this year's  possible champions league money and the guaranteed 20-30  million sheckles if we win the league and get automatic group stage admission.

Make no mistake the mhanky mob will strengthen.

How much influence will whether or not we qualify for the group stages of champions league or Europa league have, would be interesting to know.

17 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

Question for me is do we sell players and put at risk this year's  possible champions league money and the guaranteed 20-30  million sheckles if we win the league and get automatic group stage admission.

How much influence will whether or not we qualify for the group stages of champions league or Europa league have, would be interesting to know.

Ideally we keep them all, but Gerrard and the board have to find a balance somewhere. If we can keep the team together for another 3 weeks and get to the CL group, that gives us a cash bonanza with which we can strengthen the squad in the winter window (when does UEFA pay out group stage cash?).

1 minute ago, Shuggy said:

Ideally we keep them all, but Gerrard and the board have to find a balance somewhere. If we can keep the team together for another 3 weeks and get to the CL group, that gives us a cash bonanza with which we can strengthen the squad in the winter window (when does UEFA pay out group stage cash?).

Is it no after the end of the season?

TBH no 100% sure

13 minutes ago, rbt1548 said:

I'm sorry but I can't agree with that at all, I don't think any of last night's team can be accused of that, and I am actually surprised that a Rangers fan should even think that! 

The majority of the team were in the squad that has just gone a season undefeated in the league, they are hardly the types to 'steal wages'.

The players had an off day, simple! Some days you have one or two players having an off day, yesterday, for whatever reason, the majority were having an off day.

Tav and Barisic, our two best crossers of the ball from the wings, both didn't deliver all night, normally if one's having an off day the other delivers, it didn't happen last night, it was the same in other areas of the park, off days happen.

Apart from the 'heads in the clouds' moments 3 mins into the second half, what did McGregor have to do, apart from one save in the first half?, not a lot. We were fortunate to get the goal at the end which gives us a good fighting chance in the second leg, through luck or not, we are still well in this.

Get that game out the players minds, it happened, it wasn't pretty, sort things out at the training ground and move on.

Stealing a wage??? no, just too many having a bad night.

I can go with most of that. I didn’t see them as any great shakes. Committed yes. On our day we shred them, but too may under performers last night. As an example, Barisic hardly took on a player and poor in defending. Twice I seen him turn his back on the ball and the first was the cross into the box for the first goal. No excuses for that from a professional. Something that Steven had also previously mentioned preseason.

We are a mega team compared to Malmö and we need to do it when it matters and last night was it. I don’t want to go to Ibrox next week and saying at least we went down fighting. This is a big chance for us and we have to grab it with both hands. Steven was obviously unhappy with our performance and I go with his conclusions. It only matters what he thinks and says.

No reason why we can’t turn this around next week if our heads are in the right place. I expect a few changes in personal.

8 hours ago, YoungBill said:

A few stealing a wage last night and nothing to do with them being fitter and more into their season. 

All about the attitude and there were a few shrinking violets, which Steven also mentioned preseason. They came at us hard and fast with a plan and we failed to respond.

Malmö are far from world beaters. We have a great opportunity to qualify, so with several changes and a change in mentality, we can do it. We do the same as last night, we’re out.

So the team that won title 55 are stealing a wage?

You clearly know nothing about Rangers.

You might want to consider joining a forum more aligned with your knowledge base.

http://www.knittingforums.co.uk/

2 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Aye you ya horrible racist cunt 

Do you have proof this is someone else before you start calling folk racist? Its a bit of a serious accusation to fling about and call someone without having evidence. Unless branding someone like that is just the easy thing to do? Seeing it alot on here recently.

Just now, Rambo1872 said:

Do you have proof this is someone else before you start calling folk racist? Its a bit of a serious accusation to fling about and call someone without having evidence. Unless branding someone like that is just the easy thing to do? Seeing it alot on here recently.

Yip.

It's who it is 

5 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

He’s got about 5 accounts on here defending his banned account 

3 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Our whole footballing network is designed to buy low sell high however for whatever reason a lot of the fanbase either don't understand or don't acknowledge this and want us to keep the main players who will bring in the big transfers as well as spend in improving the team.

Personally, as I've said before we need to sell and the main one for me, being captain and after the season he's had, tavernier would be the very first one we should be looking to sell maximising his value and we already have a ready made, young replacement waiting to play in Paterson. Unfortunately while tav is at the club Paterson won't play nowhere near as much as he should and will undoubtedly stagnate in the position he's stuck in. 

Genuinely feel that we are now stuck in a position where we need to sell 1 maybe 2 players for big money each summer and I don't want to be in the same situation of relying on champions League group stages to cover the shortfall.

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

He’s got about 5 accounts on here defending his banned account 

Was just about to say this, the fact he has accounts going out his way to mention things from years ago says it all.

Mind u I have often wondered whether RM has an option to IP ban posters as that would sort things out eventually 

Just now, rabc10000 said:

Was just about to say this, the fact he has accounts going out his way to mention things from years ago says it all.

Mind u I have often wondered whether RM has an option to IP ban posters as that would sort things out eventually 

Aye supposedly brand new posters but they somehow know about our treatment of the racist and how we ‘forced’ him off the site