Goodbye Morelos, Goldson and Kamara

Leeds_Bear

39 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

I don’t think any other player in the team bar maybe Kent has opposition tactics man marking and doubling up them for 90 minutes, Alfie is constantly dragging 1 or 2 defenders out of position opening up space for others to exploit

For someone not so tall, pound for pound the most powerful player in the team. Guys like Goldson as big as they are, are powder puff by comparison. We rely on a rather ponderous possession system and then its high ball to the least tall on the park, if it actually gets there.  When Alfie scores, its generally from his own hard work and not from latching on to any defence splitting pass that we're all still waiting on coming. No wonder he gets frustrated.

Our system worked last season, but the signs are there, it isn't this one. Its all looking rather stale and tedious. Time for the gaffer to vary the play.

Alfie is the one player we cannot afford to lose.

20 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wilsons replacements last season when we thought Morelos was leaving were an injury prone Roofe and Itten.

Or a positive way to phrase it is Roofe came in and scored more goals than Morelos over the season and Itten badly needs a chance.

39 minutes ago, IanScott said:

Weve heard a lot about the loss of champs league money - £30m etc - but whats the earning potential of the Europa League? 

Obviously its less, but we will still make something: especially as I would expect us to progress somewhat in that competition.

The point is, the loss in our expected revenue might not be as large as first seemed: could this not tide us over, or at least give a stay of execution before having to jettison players?

The board would probably have at least 3 financial forecasts in play.  One with CL revenue, 1 with Europa League  revenue and 1 without either I suspect.  Also with the return of match day revenue being factored in as well along the way.  As you say, revenue is still available from the Europa so although the level of cash and therefore spending may be reduced it doesn’t necessarily mean the end of spending or transfers out being critical.  It’s just basic financial forecasting.

16 minutes ago, Smile said:

Or a positive way to phrase it is Roofe came in and scored more goals than Morelos over the season and Itten badly needs a chance.

Completely agree about Roofe and have been saying the same thing about Itten but the more I see him the less I am convinced by him. It's not as much Alfie's goals we need to replace but rather his work off the ball and hold up play which I don't think Itten has.

Just now, KingKirk said:

It's took 3 results and weve got people panicking ffs

Any player that wants to leave Rangers is welcome to do so. We will survive 

We're not about surviving. We are about winning.

True, anyone wanting to leave should go, but at the same time, we still need to both retain and attract the better players within our finances to our club to have success.

I don't think anyone is panicking. More disappointment and frustration. It hasn't been a good start and the manner of defeats a bit of a shock to the system, considering we are champions and memories of last season still fresh. Totally unexpected, so no surprises at some of the reactions tbh.

53 minutes ago, Smile said:

Roofes not anywhere near Morelos’s level and Itten is that well thought of when we needed a goal on Tuesday he wasn’t trusted to get put on.

I’m sure if you asked all the centre halves in league who they’d rather face then every single one of them would pick Roofe over Morelos.

Roofe actually plays better when Morelos is up beside him.

26 minutes ago, JuliusC said:

We're not about surviving. We are about winning.

True, anyone wanting to leave should go, but at the same time, we still need to both retain and attract the better players within our finances to our club to have success.

I don't think anyone is panicking. More disappointment and frustration. It hasn't been a good start and the manner of defeats a bit of a shock to the system, considering we are champions and memories of last season still fresh. Totally unexpected, so no surprises at some of the reactions tbh.

Over confidence among us all has played a massive part in the ott reaction. 

Like I said all summer we must respect the fact until we build up a decent lead we will be in a title race. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Roofes not anywhere near Morelos’s level and Itten is that well though of when we needed a goal on Tuesday he wasn’t trusted to get put on.

I’m sure if you asked all the centre halves in league who they’d rather face then every single one of them would pick Roofe over Morelos.

Agreed. No cunt is stopping those 2 up top together. Just a shame we might no see it again. 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

Apparently that Malmo striker has a €3 million euros release clause. 

Wouldn't be against that at all, can clearly cope with the physical side. 

Yes, I think we should go get him, a number 10 and a natural right winger, then we will be back on track 👍 

38 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Apparently that Malmo striker has a €3 million euros release clause. 

Wouldn't be against that at all, can clearly cope with the physical side. 

Colak? He’s on loan to them from POAK so i’m assuming that clause will be the agreement to make that permanent.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

It's took 3 results and weve got people panicking ffs

Any player that wants to leave Rangers is welcome to do so. We will survive 

When Rangers lose 3 games in succession (first time under Gerrard), there will always be major scrutiny. Always has been, always will be and always should be this way.

1 hour ago, JuliusC said:

For someone not so tall, pound for pound the most powerful player in the team. Guys like Goldson as big as they are, are powder puff by comparison. We rely on a rather ponderous possession system and then its high ball to the least tall on the park, if it actually gets there.  When Alfie scores, its generally from his own hard work and not from latching on to any defence splitting pass that we're all still waiting on coming. No wonder he gets frustrated.

Our system worked last season, but the signs are there, it isn't this one. Its all looking rather stale and tedious. Time for the gaffer to vary the play.

Alfie is the one player we cannot afford to lose.

We will lose him but I agree we cannot afford fir him to go yet. He does so much shithousery and is so powerful, the Mike Tysoe of strikers. Until our midfield can truly make those defence splitting passes we need his presence.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Roofes not anywhere near Morelos’s level and Itten is that well thought of when we needed a goal on Tuesday he wasn’t trusted to get put on.

This is what happens when you overhype a player even when in the league he can only muster 12 goals you have to try and justify it.

Roofes better and on another level to Morelos only injuries are hampering his career. Itten could easily get us 12 goals in this league Martin Boyle got 12 last season that's the level of players that's banging in twelve goals.

Morelos does well in Europe as he's try to showcase himself to get a move.

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

This is what happens when you overhype a player even when in the league he can only muster 12 goals you have to try and justify it.

Roofes better and on another level to Morelos only injuries are hampering his career. Itten could easily get us 12 goals in this league Martin Boyle got 12 last season that's the level of players that's banging in twelve goals.

Morelos does well in Europe as he's try to showcase himself to get a move.

:lol: :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

I just knew once it got down to facts out would come the smileys or the gifs. 

I was genuinely laughing.

Roofe has never reached the levels that Morelos has and he never will.

Morelos has been an absolute standout at the highest level. If you think scoring against SPL dross compares to that then you’re a mental case.

Also, Any idea why on Tuesday when we needed two goals and were aiming cross after cross into the box 6ft 2 Itten was sitting on bench and 5ft 9 Sakala was preferred.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I was genuinely laughing.

Roofe has never reached the levels that Morelos will and he never will. Morelos has been an absolute standout at the highest level. If you think scoring against SPL dross compares to that then you’re a mental case.

Also, Any idea why on Tuesday when we needed two goals and were aiming cross after cross into the box 6ft 2 Itten was sitting on bench and 5ft 9 Sakala was preferred.

What levels? the hype got to you.

You started off by stating bad signings of Roofe and Itten I corrected you that Roofe went on to score more goals than morelos and if Itten played he could match Morelos twelve goals in the league, What is it you find funny?