Goodbye Morelos, Goldson and Kamara

Leeds_Bear

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Accept that bid then reinvest it in Nsame from Young Boys. 

Won't happen but still :lol::ang:

We need somewhere between £15-20m in sales to break-even before we sign a player. If we want to sign anyone, minimum of two will need to go. 

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

We need somewhere between £15-20m in sales to break-even before we sign a player. If we want to sign anyone, minimum of two will need to go. 

Morelos, Kent and Kamara is where the money is, almost impossible to replace Alfredo though and if we're left with Itten and Sakala we've no chance of winning the league this season imo. 

The only thing that was going to put the stock of Kamara/Kent/Morelos any higher would've been a Champions League run, they won't increase in price from what they are just now

Unfortunate as it is, we fucked up big time by not getting through & will likely lose 2/3, would be as well doing it now and getting replacements in. 

As for Goldson, he's clearly angling for more money, been going on far too long now & is having an impact on his performances, either get him signed or get him to fuck.

30 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

The Goldson contrast situation must be playing a part in his defensive lapses. Club need to go give him what he wants so we can move on and be 100% focussed on the games ahead. The uncertainty isn’t helping anyone 

How does contract negotiations stop you from defending effectively?

He’s still putting in the effort, it just so happens he’s making the same errors and misjudgement he made in his first few seasons and there was no contract talks back then.

For me it’s a lack of concentration that creeps into his game. Once against Dundee Utd and once against Malmö he chose to let the ball run out rather than clear it. Both times the striker nipped in and got the ball.

Was Goldson perhaps reflecting on whether his terms and conditions would be met at that moment or did he just switch off for a second or two?

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Losing a 30 goals a season striker this late into the window - nevermind his overall play - is a disaster 

CL qualification was never a certainty, so the club would have contingency plans in place for 2 or 3 leaving. They would have, wouldn’t they? Definitely? Probably? Maybe?

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Liverpool’s main defender came from Southampton. Do you have some impression good players all begin at the top clubs?

No, but buying someone from the fag-end of the PL, in their later 20s and expecting them to the main man of the defence at a club with with serious CL ambitions is imo naive. A top quality CL level CH from Europe should have been priority no 1 this summer. Look at the world class we'd be up against if we had won on Tuesday and then the play-off. I shudder to think what the elite of world strikers would have done to Goldson. Helander I at least would have had some confidence in to hold his own at CL level. He has int experience and Serie A. 

You always upgrade. We didnt. And we paid the price. 

We spent 7m on Kent, 7m on Roofe and Itten. That kind of money (5m+) imo should have been spent on a top quality CH. To partner Helander, himself a CL level player, an international and WC&Euro player. who cost us about 4m. Which proves my point that quality does not need to break the bank.

48 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I still think Kent is more likely to leave than Alfie although I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if both left 

Those two out and then us moving Sakala to the left with Roofe through the middle I assume? Big risk tbh but needs must.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Those two out and then us moving Sakala to the left with Roofe through the middle I assume? Big risk tbh but needs must.

Sounds good for two games and then Defoe steps in for the next three and when he gets injured we can fire Broxi Bear up top.

16 minutes ago, left winger said:

CL qualification was never a certainty, so the club would have contingency plans in place for 2 or 3 leaving. They would have, wouldn’t they? Definitely? Probably? Maybe?

See the thing is, given how Ross Wilson operates, I actually think they will have. It’s just hard to imagine we’ll strike so lucky in bringing in a player of his calibre in as his replacement straight away.

3 minutes ago, ayrshireranger said:

No, but buying someone from the fag-end of the PL, in their later 20s and expecting them to the main man of the defence at a club with with serious CL ambitions is imo naive. A top quality CL level CH from Europe should have been priority no 1 this summer. Look at the world class we'd be up against if we had won on Tuesday and then the play-off. I shudder to think what the elite of world strikers would have done to Goldson. Helander I at least would have had some confidence in to hold his own at CL level. He has int experience and Serie A. 

You always upgrade. We didnt. And we paid the price. 

We spent 7m on Kent, 7m on Roofe and Itten. That kind of money (5m+) imo should have been spent on a top quality CH. To partner Helander, himself a CL level player, an international and WC&Euro player. who cost us about 4m. Which proves my point that quality does not need to break the bank.

I rate Helander but you are  bigging him up to a ridiculous level, deliberately just so you can exaggerate your point about not thinking Goldson is good enough IMO.

He’s played a grand total of zero proper champions league games in his life, he spent the entirety of his career in Italy playing for lower end clubs and he only has a handful of caps for Sweden.

You are trying to make him out to be some sort of Rolls Royce, top end of a Big 5 league calibre champions league stalwart when in reality he’s every bit as unproven at that level as Goldson is. :lol:

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sounds good for two games and then Defoe steps in for the next three and when he gets injured we can fire Broxi Bear up top.

We need to keep at least one of them. I know financially it might not be an option, but losing both in the same window would be a disaster.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

We need to keep at least one of them. I know financially it might not be an option, but losing both in the same window would be a disaster.

It obviously depends on interest and how the players feel but guys in last couple of years on contract should be first on list to go.

Kamara, Goldson, Aribo etc.

Even someone like Helander, if the manager doesn’t think he suits how we want to play in Some games then if a decent bid came in would we be better accepting it?