We have slept thru the transfer window

Trialist

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Veerman and Bright Osayi-Samuel obviously. :pierre: :lol:

After that last night if I don’t laugh, I’ll cry 

Agreed, lets fuck ten mill on them, be good to see a natural winger not take a man on and instead play a simple 5 yard pass :boughy:

Im trying to make light of last night, in reality i wanna lamp somecunt in work 😂😂

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Agreed, lets fuck ten mill on them, be good to see a natural winger not take a man on and instead play a simple 5 yard pass :boughy:

Im trying to make light of last night, in reality i wanna lamp somecunt in work 😂😂

I’m based in the office full time at the moment because of my job but a lot of the other staff are hybrid working now. Of course we got humped out the day before the biggest tarrier that works with us has his day in the office. He’s not shut up about it since he came in. 🙄

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I’m based in the office full time at the moment because of my job but a lot of the other staff are hybrid working now. Of course we got humped out the day before the biggest tarrier that works with us has his day in the office. He’s not shut up about it since he came in. 🙄

We're in the same cups as them, and on same points in league. We're gutted, he's happy. 

Levels.

42 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

I'm aware of that. But our tempo and passing looked slick. Against weaker opposition you wouldn't expect things to drop so much no matter the game.

No harm mate but a competitive European qualifier against Malmö was always going to be more difficult than a kick around against Real Madrids squad players 

48 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

I think a long look at what we have and who can't make the step up. Losing alfie is unthinkable IMO . We're missing Jack and Kamara . Maybe drop hagi in as creative mid instead of right mid . Kent is either arrogant or working his ticket . Brilliant against real Madrid then goes missing .

We knew going into these qualifiers Kamara was suspended and we must have known Jack wasn't going to be fit in time. 

We should have added someone in the midfield that could offer what jack does. We still should as Jack injury record means we can't keep waiting around for him to recover. 

We only added Lundstrum who we are told is a box to box, haven't seen it yet. 

29 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We knew going into these qualifiers Kamara was suspended and we must have known Jack wasn't going to be fit in time. 

We should have added someone in the midfield that could offer what jack does. We still should as Jack injury record means we can't keep waiting around for him to recover. 

We only added Lundstrum who we are told is a box to box, haven't seen it yet. 

Even if we dont add someone who offers what jack does, we should have used a system based on the players we have, not used a system and asked the players to fit into it

Square pegs and round holes, gerrard has been doing it since he came

Also we spent 90mins last night throwing balls from out wide into the box, and left arguably our best striking aerial threat on the bench 

Same as first leg, tried to play through the middle with itten, minute we sub him for sakala start going wide and throwing balls into the box

3 hours ago, Dave Whelan said:

Expect this kind of chat from Tims about having no money and admin ffs

have a word with yourselves. You are acting like it’s over, our season is just beginning, we just need a bit more quality 

It was a hypothetical scenario, but considering our board have publicly said they won’t fund losses any more and we need to sell 1-2 first team players to break even, without factoring in 10 months of Covid decimating club accounts, what alternative would there be? 

Even if we sell the likes of Morelos, Kamara etc we’ll be lucky to reinvest more than a third of that into new players.

Last night was a free hit at £5million in revenue guaranteed plus another £30million if we won in the next round, we’ve got neither. 

3 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

He contributed 28 times in all competitions to a goal last season. 

But don’t let stats get in the way of your very own dugshite. 

Stats mean fuck all, well they did during the summer on here, although sometimes i think we expect kent (and morelos to an extent) to win games for us on their own) 

1 minute ago, plymouthranger said:

It was a hypothetical scenario, but considering our board have publicly said they won’t fund losses any more and we need to sell 1-2 first team players to break even, without factoring in 10 months of Covid decimating club accounts, what alternative would there be? 

Even if we sell the likes of Morelos, Kamara etc we’ll be lucky to reinvest more than a third of that into new players.

Last night was a free hit at £5million in revenue guaranteed plus another £30million if we won in the next round, we’ve got neither. 

The board covered last years covid losses, we effectively started this summer on a clean slate with them, weans arent even back at school yet and we have fucked that clean slate up 

18 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

If we sell Morelos and Kamara without replacements, Gerrard will walk 

50 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

If we sell Morelos and Kamara without replacements, Gerrard will walk 

I imagine their replacements are already here in Lundstram and Sakala, maybe another signing around £3-4million for another striker. 

At least that would likely have been the plan before…

15 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Our signings of late, not just this season have been underwhelming.

Lundstram

Sakala

Simpson :lol: 

Onofobrh :lol: 

Itten over 2 million

Wright - looks ok but looks miles away from this level.

Roofe - stop start but defo a player.

We’re relying on players who’ve basically been with Gerrard since start.

TBF Sakala looks vg so far.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The season long loan market is huge. There's quality out there not at huge outlay. Its not ideal, but it's what we need right now.

Even with parent club subsidised wages you are still looking at 400,000-600,000 in wages for players of a standard we would want.

4 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The season long loan market is huge. There's quality out there not at huge outlay. Its not ideal, but it's what we need right now.

Nobody is sending us players of a quality that will improve our starting XI without a hefty financial contribution from us. 

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Nobody is sending us players of a quality that will improve our starting XI without a hefty financial contribution from us. 

Don't doubt there would be a financial cost, but it'd be less than buying that same player which we're now unlikely to do.

I doubt we'll be lucky to find one out of contract, and not bringing quality in is a risk in itself too.

So whilst it's not ideal, 'renting' someone like they did with Elyanoussi might be our likiest way of getting quality in, without having to sell a top player to fund deals.