We have slept thru the transfer window

Trialist

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

At the start of the window if you'd had said we would keep all our big names whilst bringing in Sakala and Lundstram we'd all have been buzzing

I agree and I was excited when both signed, in reality both seem very poor and way below what Alfie and Kamara are, esp if those 2 leave then it's a massive downgrade for us

16 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

At the start of the window if you'd had said we would keep all our big names whilst bringing in Sakala and Lundstram we'd all have been buzzing

No I wouldn't have been buzzing at all. I would have said 'are you telling me we will play an away CL qualifier with Itten, Sakala and Wright to lead the line? Supported by Arfield and Davis' 

18 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Probably right mate but most said we needed 2 Midfielders brought in.

Our marquee signing never got off bench whilst we got put out CL qualifiers. That’s Alarming.

1 minute ago, Parma99 said:

No I wouldn't have been buzzing at all. I would have said 'are you telling me we will play an away CL qualifier with Itten, Sakala and Wright to lead the line? Supported by Arfield and Davis' 

That was because we had Morelos, Roofe, Hagi, Aribo, Jack and Kamara out for one reason or another

Vast majority of the players who are playing at the moment won the league at a canter last season. Same players, same skill set, same team. Last season there was a hunger and determination about us from minute one, this season its just not there.. When you lose that mindset to win games at all costs you cant just reinstate by buying new players, plus we dont have the money to do that, we are a free transfer or 2 - 4 million transfer fee team. Anyway teams are usually refreshed over a few transfer windows, in May these guys could do no wrong, so it would make no sense to then start inviting offers for them, we would of been up in arms.

I fully expect a few clubs will of been waiting to see how we went in the champions league and probably Ross Wilsons phone will be red hot tomorrow morning. 

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

That was because we had Morelos, Roofe, Hagi, Aribo, Jack and Kamara out for one reason or another

Yep. And 4 of those players we knew about in plenty of time to do something about it.

Imagine we had done something really crazy like asked Alfie to just take a week off and then another couple of weeks in Jan. Mental idea. 

1 minute ago, Parma99 said:

Yep. And 4 of those players we knew about in plenty of time to do something about it.

Imagine we had done something really crazy like asked Alfie to just take a week off and then another couple of weeks in Jan. Mental idea. 

Sad to see you go 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

It’s absolutely imperative we make the EL now. If we don’t we could be in a very serious financial situation within a couple of months and the words firesale won’t be too far away

I think the firesale will come in the next few weeks personally. 

3 minutes ago, Parma99 said:

I know you're banned now but that is a mental idea

38 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Our signings of late, not just this season have been underwhelming.

Lundstram

Sakala

Simpson :lol: 

Onofobrh :lol: 

Itten over 2 million

Wright - looks ok but looks miles away from this level.

Roofe - stop start but defo a player.

We’re relying on players who’ve basically been with Gerrard since start.

I do still think it’s too early to call it on Sakala and Lundstrum tbf. But take your point. 

54 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Balogun - free

Then throw in Barker,Hastie,Jones etc.

It’s absolutely mind boggling that we haven’t spent a penny on midfielders.

£50k spent on midfield and we're trying to qualify for the CL :lol:

Fuck me. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

The thing is mate we have all been saying even at end of last season we needed more quailty in our midfield before these ties. That was the priority area. 

We knew going in Kamara and Jack where out. We need a player that can offer what jack does defensively as the injuries are piling up. We also needed a creative type that can break between the lines and pick a pass. 

1 hour ago, Trialist said:

This is what happens when we sit on our arse and don’t freshen the squad. 
 Tonight’s result is completely unacceptable against 10 men. No excuses.

The squad should have been refreshed, updated, improved…..and it wasn’t .

Honeymoon well and truly over.

Kept the same squad who won the league by 25 points and made the last 16 of Europa League.

Signed 2 players on frees that would have cost £13 million the season before.

Tonight was a disaster and the performance wasnt good enough but has nothing to do with the transfer window

55 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Looking at that in hindsight the planning for these games has to be questioned of Gerrard and his backroom staff, he's gambled and it's backfired massively.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It’s a miracle that we have done as well as we have considering it’s all veterans and free transfers in there. 

An area that’s needed money spent on it for three years now and will now go at least another year without another penny spent on it.

Players should have been sold in the summer. The idea was brought up around March time when the league was won and got laughed off.

You can only go so long with the same players.