*****Official Ross County v the Champions Thread*****

18 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

I can only imagine that with Wright out and Roofe unable to play on Thursday, Gerrard is persevering with Kent hoping he'll play into some form for the next game were he will have to start.

Getting subbed at Half Time will hopefully shoot a rocket up him.

Roofe out for thursday so we bench him today and keep our only striker on the park, what if morelos gets crocked today

Gerrard makes no sense in his lineups, balogun and kent shouldn't be near the starting 11, and if thats aribo or hagi once again sitting deep instead of right on top of the county defence then we are going with the turgid shite slow one dimensional 433 pish that teams have lapped up all season against us

Dont care if i sound negative, thats a shocking line up given players form and our performances this season so far

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

How long do you keep playing Kent and hoping he hits form? “

If your the gaffer you just dont drop him, doesnt matter how shite he is

Brutal for other players who get one chance and binned for a poor performance, even worse for the guys who cant get that chance 

9 minutes ago, CR3 said:

No Roofe is a bit of a head-scratcher but maybe Gerrard thinks the way to manage Kent’s off-form isn’t just to bin him on the bench and hope he finds it again.

Every player is different. 

Some need a kick up the arse and some (the confidence players) may need a cuddle and the chance to play through their poor form. 

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

It's strange that Borna isn't even on the bench.

Maybe the lad doesn't need to travel up there if he ain't going to play? If Bassey gets injured then Aribo can fill in. Think Borna needs more time on the training and get himself back into shape and form. There are others starting today that could do with the same.

Just now, Jasper Blues said:

Some need a kick up the arse and some (the confidence players) may need a cuddle and the chance to play through their poor form. 

Aye man-management mate. Probably best not to upset one of our matchwinners a week before the OF in which he’s been unreal in recent seasons.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I could give you 45 minutes worth of reasons.

I know what you mean but i was meaning that if trying to play Kent in hope of getting some form then we could have went with Kamara/Aribo or Davis/Kamara in middle and Roofe could still have played.

1 minute ago, Jasper Blues said:

The confidence players may need a cuddle, fucking hell is football that fucking soft now that some players need cuddled when they are utter shite

If you arent strong enough to accept criticism over your job performance, then the entertainment business isnt really the place you should be

13 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Play better than he did against Dunfermline. 

We’ve scored just 6 goals outside that game and Tav has assisted 3 of them. Patterson didn’t really show his last season form in the game he’s got so far

Probably because he doesn't get a run of games to prove otherwise. Our best talent arguably since Barry Ferguson sitting rotting away on a bench stagnating like fuck to accommodate an under performing playing against the utter dross in the league we are up against. 

Patterson will be a other that gets fed up and leaves before being sold for crazy money in a few years time and tbh who can blame the boy 

Just now, Bluekev said:

I think if Wright was fit he'd be starting instead.

I think so too, that poster seemed to suggest we just slag players and management for the fun of it. If they’ve been shite then obviously fans voice their opinion, and give praise when it’s deserved 

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Roofe out for thursday so we bench him today and keep our only striker on the park, what if morelos gets crocked today

Gerrard makes no sense in his lineups, balogun and kent shouldn't be near the starting 11, and if thats aribo or hagi once again sitting deep instead of right on top of the county defence then we are going with the turgid shite slow one dimensional 433 pish that teams have lapped up all season against us

Dont care if i sound negative, thats a shocking line up given players form and our performances this season so far

Itten can play Thursday. Also Morelos needs minutes, he is only back from pre season.

You have no idea if Helander can play 2 games in a week, so Balogun might be the only choice. Helander has struggled with injuries in the past.

Kent plays on Thursday with Wright possibly out so you might as well try and get him to play into some form against a shitty team.

Kind possibly, we might play a 4 2 3 1 formation and get onto them quickly.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I know what you mean but i was meaning that if trying to play Kent in hope of getting some form then we could have went with Kamara/Aribo or Davis/Kamara.

What message does that send to someone like helander, itten or whoever that gerrard allows certain players to be utter dung for weeks but try to play through it, meanwhile other players make on mistake and are binned for god knows how long

You'll end up with some players not trying 100% knowing they'll never be dropped, while others thinking "why should i fucking bother when no matter what i do i either won't get picked or get tossed aside after one mistake" 

6 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

It's strange that Borna isn't even on the bench.

2 defender, 2 midfielders and 2 forwards.

If he was to get a place it would be at the expense of Patterson, and I'm happier with NP as an option for coming on.

Roofe not starting is the big head scratcher.

1 minute ago, maverick1200 said:

Itten can play Thursday. Also Morelos needs minutes, he is only back from pre season.

You have no idea if Helander can play 2 games in a week, so Balogun might be the only choice. Helander has struggled with injuries in the past.

Kent plays on Thursday with Wright possibly out so you might as well try and get him to play into some form against a shitty team.

Kind possibly, we might play a 4 2 3 1 formation and get onto the quickly.

Itten is clearly not the managers plans, we didnt play shagger in the league as he was the only top keeper we had for europe, yet we risk our only top striker today instead of actually giving roofe game time which he needs just as much as morelos