Helander - Injury

AGC123

On 09/09/2021 at 15:10, kirkiebear said:

Yeah heard he had a poor game , just wondering if this injury issue played a part. If he was carrying a knock then it’s a fucking joke he played.

I’m also thinking that.

Poor for Sweden and now against St Johnstone.

There has to be a reason why he got tore apart by Michael fucking O’Hallaron ffs 😂

Maybe been rushed back a bit to soon.

Just now, superallysbears said:

Let Katic go because he wasn't fancied imo, not because he was still getting up to speed.

Yeah Gerrard has never really rated Katic if we are honest. He’s always been keen to drop him at the first opportunity.

He “rested” him about 7 games into the year in his first season after starting really well alongside Goldson. We then never seen him for about 6 months and we got the horror show that was Joe Worrall.

I don’t agree with Gerrard’s decision but I can’t see him ever becoming a regular CB for us whilst Gerrard is here.

4 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Yeah Gerrard has never really rated Katic if we are honest. He’s always been keen to drop him at the first opportunity.

He “rested” him about 7 games into the year in his first season after starting really well alongside Goldson. We then never seen him for about 6 months and we got the horror show that was Joe Worrall.

I don’t agree with Gerrard’s decision but I can’t see him ever becoming a regular CB for us whilst Gerrard is here.

He's definitely better than Simpson imo, just don't get it.

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/04/Rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-praises-nikola-katic/%3famp

“He told STV: “Love him, love him. I absolutely love him”

To say he’s never rated him is nonsense tbh. 

8 minutes ago, SPWF said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/04/Rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-praises-nikola-katic/%3famp

“He told STV: “Love him, love him. I absolutely love him”

To say he’s never rated him is nonsense tbh. 

Actions speak louder than words for me, if he was rated he'd be there in the team no doubts.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Hellander looked off it all day, caused the goal. Looks a bad one and hopefully we don't have to rely on Simpson for too long 

They had 1 shot on goal and scored. And you’re  blaming Helander.   Ok. Maybe if the midfield/forwards had shut the cunt down that made the pass, things would’ve been better. 

2 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

They had 1 shot on goal and scored. And you’re  blaming Helander.   Ok. Maybe if the midfield/forwards had shut the cunt down that made the pass, things would’ve been better. 

Yes it was Hellanders mistake that led to the goal, he didn't deal with the ball and hit it against MOH who then scored. 

Pretty simple 

7 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Defence is there to defend, something Helander clearly forgot how to do today before his injury. 

1 hour ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I’m also thinking that.

Poor for Sweden and now against St Johnstone.

There has to be a reason why he got tore apart by Michael fucking O’Hallaron ffs 😂

Maybe been rushed back a bit to soon.

He was brilliant against Spain. 

It took me a while to warm to Helander but I have and he's generally safe and solid, nothing flashy. I hope it's not serious, but fear he knew right away it is.

But I think today illustrated the importance in Goldson, the dominant organising CH who allows Helander to focus on his own game. Goldson missing, Balogun was average, Helander was poor today.

Our strongest pairing is undoubtedly CG and FH, so going into the Lyon game with Balogun and Simpson is a cuntish bad luck.