Vaccine Passport Enforcement Delayed

Assegai

10 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Looks like my threat of legal action scared a good few. SNP backtracking. Hopefully Rangers passed my message onto them.

if they try and bring it in on the 18th, I’ll be sending another email 

Think celtic at the midďen should be first game it is tried on. Why again does it need to be Rangers?

6 minutes ago, left winger said:

Yeah, they will face the consequences of their choices, just like smokers. However, we’re also all aware of the dangers of passive smoking and how smokers’ choices affect non-smokers. And the choices of of those who don’t get the vaccines as we move along may well affect those who do. It’s not as simple as just saying it’s ‘their choices’ and their consequences.

So those that are worried can hide behind their sofa and not go to the game. That is the natural order. It is you that is scared of the real world. So YOU protect yourself.

5 minutes ago, left winger said:

And some folk don’t seem to realise that all those people you mentioned will all also be tax payers to varying degrees. Tax payers aren’t some holier than thou group who don’t fuck up in their lives, but pay for everyone else. They can be stupid cunts like everyone else can be.

And your point is? That you know better than everyone else how they should run their lives?

34 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

That’s lies, The vaccinated are not threatened at all by the unvaccinated.

if your 3 vaccines don’t work then that’s your fault for getting them. 

vaccinated can still catch and pass on the virus 

Getting vaccines generally reduces the prevalence of diseases, and tends to reduce the severity of a disease. If you then reduce the prevalence and severity of the disease it benefits everyone.

32 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

So those that are worried can hide behind their sofa and not go to the game. That is the natural order. It is you that is scared of the real world. So YOU protect yourself.

That would be a bit daft. I’m double jabbed because I think it’s the right thing to do, not because of any fear of the real world.

1 hour ago, DiamondDan said:

Everyone should have the autonomy to look after their own health and make decisions about what is best for them.

By you logic it would be reasonable to prohibit those who are morbidly obese from using public transport in order to coerce them to make better food choices...

I saw your dismissive, patronising response to my question on the other thread about the impact of the vaccine on transmission of the delta variant. You provided ONE study, which suggest it "COULD" reduce transmission.

Evidnece led policy is not made on the basis of isolated studies. Evidence led policy should be based on meta analysis.

No body responsible for interpreting all the availabke evidence, such as the World Health Organisation, has come to the conclusion that the vaccine reduces transmission of the Delta variant. At best they've suggest it "may". That is no where near a strong enough position to introduce such measures.

Vaccine passports are not about reducing transmission, they're about coercing people to take the vaccine through making their life as difficult as possible. That is indefensible.

If the government want more people vaccinated because it means less people are likely to fall ill and it will subsequently reduce the stress on the NHS, then sell that benefit. Encourage people to become vaccinated to achieve that purpose.

Don't use various unrelated methods to make life as  difficult as possible to achieve the goal.

If the case is so compelling, then convince people. Don't force them.

But the government and yourself view the general public as thick, easily led simpletons who don't have the capacity to make decisions for themselves.

Let me sum this up for you simply.

On the other thread you stated there is no evidence that the vaccine reduces transmission.

I post evidence that it reduces transmission.

You lost.

6 hours ago, Willis said:

And they'll face the consequences of their choices. As it should be..

Everyone is aware of the vaccine and its benefits, same as everyone knows that smoking causes cancer. The cost benefit analysis is upto them and if they make the wrong choice then no one else is to blame.

Tough luck.

You ain't allowed to drive without wearing a seatbelt. Does not matter if it is only effecting you. 

Some people are so fucking stupid that laws can be made to over rule them.

25 minutes ago, Dave Whelan said:

Hearts are still enforcing vaccine only this weekend.

A work colleague who is a season ticket holder emailed asking for a refund because he isn’t doubled jabbed and they just said no as per terms and conditions 

Clearly the situation at Hearts requires you to send one of your emails, Dave!

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Tough luck.

You ain't allowed to drive without wearing a seatbelt. Does not matter if it is only effecting you. 

Some people are so fucking stupid that laws can be made to over rule them.

Pish. I can get into my car and drive without a seat belt if I wanted. The fact that there is a penalty in doing so if caught is another matter. Nothing stops you. There is a difference.

1 hour ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

So is there a point to that? Which group does not fuckup? There must be at least one to make  your point mean something.

When someone fucks up, it's a commonly made point that the tax payer has to pay for it, bit as the person that fucks up is generally speaking a tax payer as well it's a fairly pointless point. So my point is pointing out the pointlessness of that point.

2 hours ago, Dave Whelan said:

Looks like my threat of legal action scared a good few. SNP backtracking. Hopefully Rangers passed my message onto them.

if they try and bring it in on the 18th, I’ll be sending another email 

I hear from a good source that your threat of legal action was top of this weeks board meetings agenda pal.

33 minutes ago, crazy bob swollenbaws said:

Pish. I can get into my car and drive without a seat belt if I wanted. The fact that there is a penalty in doing so if caught is another matter. Nothing stops you. There is a difference.

Why would you want to when science, law and common sense all require a seatbelt? 

13 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Can you provide any statements from any authority stating that the vaccine reduces transmission of Delta?

It’s not my job to do that for you. ‘Do your own research’ as the anti-vaxers say. 

That said, here:

https://spiral.imperial.ac.uk/bitstream/10044/1/90800/2/react1_r13_final_preprint_final.pdf

“Prevalence among those who reported being unvaccinated was three-fold higher than those who reported being fully vaccinated.”