Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Can understand the move to a degree for mainly family reasons. There's probably only 2 or 3 teams in England that would make his commute easier and he couldn't manage any of them, so get why a Villa or Wolves would be essentially his best option.

Just comes at a shit time, 6mths down the line I'd actually welcome the change as like people have said he's done his 'cycle' it's time for a change and new ideas. He's going to be losing 3 or 4 of his trusted older heads that have without doubt made his life easier in being big presences in the dressing room/training etc.

Is he shiting the bed at the thought of failure this year and what that would mean to his legacy come the summer? He leaves now (in his mind) with us in a really commanding position 4pts clear at the top of the table and with a chance in all competitions? Big players coming back, squad stronger than ever........... If we go to do well, he's played his part, if we fail then he says that he left us in a good position?? 

If he does leave, and I hope he doesn't, just for continuity to be stunted at such an important time in our season then the clubs next appointment needs to be absolutely spot-on otherwise we're back to pre-Gerrard times.

Clarity in needed in the next few hours so everyone can move on.

Fuck me, if he says it's all media bullshit, what a lift that'll be for the club!

Why would he?......every other week....

Dens Park or Old Trafford

Tony fucking Macaroni Park or Anfiled

Tannadice or that fucking massive thing that Spurs built

Dingwall or The Emirates

Pitting his wits against Pep, Klopp, Tuchel as opposed to Martindale, McPake and some fat Aussie fucker....

If there is a £2m compensation clause in his contract that’s literally bordering on negligence from the board. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks of him at the moment, me included he’s still a global icon, a young manager and title winner. Whoever came up with £2m compensation needs to look at themselves

Just now, Prso's headband said:

If there is a £2m compensation clause in his contract that’s literally bordering on negligence from the board. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks of him at the moment, me included he’s still a global icon, a young manager and title winner. Whoever came up with £2m compensation needs to look at themselves

He wasted that amount on grezda worth 5 at least 

11 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

This is more than that. Chris jack is the journo the club use and he's basically saying this will be completed very soon 

Jack is very much on the outside of things at Ibrox these days. I suspect he got the story from Thomas Jordan who he worked with at the Evening Times and is now head of PR at Villa 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Jack is very much on the outside of things at Ibrox these days. I suspect he got the story from Thomas Jordan who he worked with at the Evening Times and is now head of PR at Villa 

Why is that? I can’t recall him ever writing anything negative about us, in fact does he not have a book released? 

Pretty confident it’s happening.

Won’t be shedding any tears to be honest. We’re hardly on fire under Gerrard at the moment. The squad needed refreshed in the summer and he didn’t do it. Cup record is also appalling. Seems to have lost that spark we had in previous seasons. 

We’re now in a position of strength compared to when we hired him, so a new manager has a lot more to work with and we’re a far more attractive proposition. 

It took big balls to take on the challenge of stopping 10IAR, and he did it. Won’t hold much ill will either if the Board get the next appointment right. League and country is a shit hole so can’t blame him. 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Or - as Gerrard and every manager there's ever been are prone to - he'd simply give the answer he thinks we want to hear.

Say what you want about Gerrard but one thing I've learned while he's been here is that what he says in pressers is often miles away from reality. He plays the game and gives the 'right' answer, even if it comes back ad makes him look a bit daft down the line.

Maybe so, but we're getting away from my original point. He doesn't need to respond to speculation.

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Pretty confident it’s happening.

Won’t be shedding any tears to be honest. We’re hardly on fire under Gerrard at the moment. The squad needed refreshed in the summer and he didn’t do it. Cup record is also appalling. Seems to have lost that spark we had in previous seasons. 

We’re now in a position of strength compared to when we hired him, so a new manager has a lot more to work with and we’re a far more attractive proposition. 

It took big balls to take on the challenge of stopping 10IAR, and he did it. Won’t hold much ill will either if the Board get the next appointment right. League and country is a shit hole so can’t blame him. 

I get we’re hardly on fire but stability is our best chance of winning the league again this season. 

I also don’t trust the board to get it right. The majority seem to want Gio, the board will probably think along the lines of Davidson. 

Leaving us in the lurch at this stage of the season especially after his soundbites about loyalty, 2 clubs for me etc is really really bitter, despite how he carries himself as Rangers manager that is really low. 

I still want him to stay purely based on the stability side of things, but honestly if the rumours aren’t quashed today then I think we’re in for a seriously turbulent 2 months

This "he won the most important trophy" line getting thrown about is nonsense. To stop 10 in a row you have to acknowledge they'd won 9 in a row and in my eyes they didn't. 1 trophy in 9 isn't good enough. I'd like to think he feels that way was well and continues here but this looks like its gathering some legs. Unless the club or he makes some kind of statement of intent then no news is bad news imo.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Because the club is run by absolute clowns. He wasn’t allowed access to anyone within the club when writing the book on 55, had to source all his stuff separately and ended up with interviews with fans & a bit from Dave King from memory. Willie Vass hasn’t been allowed into Ibrox for a game this season either. 

Unsurprising. Not sure about you but if this goes through especially at the rumoured compensation price which is a joke anyway I don’t trust them to get it right. 

People are forgetting this is the same board that appointed Caixinha. 

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why is that? I can’t recall him ever writing anything negative about us, in fact does he not have a book released? 

Aye, but he never paid for access - although Newsquest have recently coughed up for the RangersReview lads to get access.