Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

No he won't. He's a rat now because it's raw, the timing is bad and his "I'm not going anywhere" patter a fortnight ago. Once the dust has settled those of us who are angry will be able to appreciate all he's done for our club again; which is a lot. If you can't look back at Gerrard's tenure at Rangers and be appreciative of it in 6 months or a tears time then you're probably just a terminally moany bastard.

Fuck off with that shite , never wanted him anywhere near the club and he never let me down.

A year unbeaten and one solitary cup in 3 and half years and hes been treated like a god by deluded fools like yourself.

He will always be a gutless rat bastard.......

41 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

This does my box in. We’ve spent £40m on players in the last 3 years without selling a player of note, have the highest wage bill in the country, are Champions & are top of the league. It has been mismanaged to the point we are all in on this league title. If we win it, things are great. If we don’t we’ll be set back 3-5 years. 

What exactly do we need ‘MASSIVE’ for? What we need is for the the club and a manager to use our resources properly. It’s insane they didn’t sell anyone in the summer to then recycle the funds into the squad. 

So you agree we needed to sell some players. I’d say that’s telling. 

24 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Defend him all you like , he will always be a gutless rat bastard in my eyes..........

100%

He'll get away with most of the backlash because people loved him both as a player and a manager

Should be thanked for 55 but always remembered as a rat bastard who left us at the 1st possible opportunity midway through a season.

Hope he gets fucked at Villa and disappears into the Championship/League 1 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Dyche, McInnes and Alex Neil all mentioned in the Times.

Dyche would be a decent shout and he might be ready for a change .A U.K. based manager unless he was an ex foreign player would be the best option .Apart from DA foreign managers have been a disaster for us .

1 minute ago, saintbob1969 said:

Going forward on massive losses isn’t actually the best business model for long term. We have been here before and it wasn’t pleasant.

The losses that were in the accounts have already been covered. We need £7.5 million this year. However if the rumours about compensation for Gerrard and his back room team are true then that hole will be filled. We don’t need much spent on January to win the league.

1 minute ago, saintbob1969 said:

So you agree we needed to sell some players. I’d say that’s telling. 

Of course we do. Even with Europa League football we operate with a £10-15m deficit. A direct result of the league we play in. To fund that it has to be done in 2 ways, Champions League qualification or play sales. It’s the only sustainable model.

2 minutes ago, WWTC said:

No but there’s the complete wrong time and I’d say this is pretty close. 

Leaving us 4 points clear with a mostly fit squad, and plenty of the season to play for. Other than at the end of the season it's about as good it gets. Any new manager coming in should be happy with what he's getting.

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Leaving us 4 points clear with a mostly fit squad, and plenty of the season to play for. Other than at the end of the season it's about as good it gets. Any new manager coming in should be happy with what he's getting.

A good manager will get far more out of that squad than Gerrard ever did.......

8 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

There never would be a good time if we have a manger doing a decent job .

Hard to take for many ,it’s 30 years since another team took out manager .

It is actually better that another team takes our manager as the alternative is they have left by "mutual consent". The former means has doing a good job the latter that he isn't. 

10 minutes ago, WWTC said:

For what its worth, fuck stephen gerrard. 
“i got a taste of it and want more”

“This is just the beginning”

literally jumped ship at the first opportunity and the worst possible time. 

Souness admitted recently that he regrets leaving Rangers when he did. And Gerrard will be exactly the same when he gets relegated with Villa. No one is bigger than the club. If he goes so be it, we'll all still be here following Rangers no matter what 

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would have thought for 4 seconds about pumping Adele 3 years ago, I wouldn’t even blink before considering it now, people’s thoughts change based on a change in circumstance 

Yasssss a wee laugh to start the day. 

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

A month down the line with a cup final against the scum and a league game 2 weeks later would be even worse .

Like I said, its pretty close. 
3months into a campaign with a semi final and group stage all or nothing match against Sparta, completely out of the blue after committing longer term is hardly ideal. 
the effect on the players shouldnt be underestimated. 

10 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The losses that were in the accounts have already been covered. We need £7.5 million this year. However if the rumours about compensation for Gerrard and his back room team are true then that hole will be filled. We don’t need much spent on January to win the league.

No but we do need something to spend, as we spent fuck all in summer and we’re now seeing the effects of that. 

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

A good manager will get far more out of that squad than Gerrard ever did.......

There’s certainly the capability within the team to play much better. They have played the same football for years now with very little change to formation or tactics. A change will do us good I think.