Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

Reading through some of the comments and can't believe people are still defending Gerrard

Thankful for winning the title last year & for bringing a bit of class back into the club but the way he's handled the exit will mean he'll be forever remembered for being a rat bastardย 

Let the anger/disappointment out today & tomorrow forget the cunt

Let's be honest, if I'm remembering correctly you're one of the ones who wanted him sacked 6 or 7 times.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Let's be honest, if I'm remembering correctly you're one of the ones who wanted him sacked 6 or 7 times.

Very true yep, felt he got a massive amount of leeway that no manager ever had from both the club and fansย 

Get that he came in to a massive job but he got a very sizeable sum to spend & got more time than heย  deserved

Always be remembered for 55 & for how left, won't ever be a legend.

14 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He's gone now and we move on.ย 

Pros of his time here is winning 55, European runs and we're in much better shape than before.ย 

Cons was an abysmal cup record. 1 final in 6 attempts.ย 

He's the past now. It's time for a new manager to take us forward.

You missed out between him and Wilson how many bad signings have we madeย 

10 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Im not worried about SG leaving, i'm thinking this could be a great move for us to

It's not a "move" from us. Its something being forced on us that we have to deal with and maybe it will work out for us. If Gerrard had done things properly and made it clear he wanted to leave and we had a plan in place then maybe it would have been a good move but now we're scrambling to find someone and crossing our fingers.

I fucking hate Gerrard atm, I can see why others aren't as angry. But there's no need to try and polish jobbies and pretend this is a good thing for us.ย 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

The guy slithered off during an international break like a thief in the night ย leaving our season hanging in the balanceย 

fuck him . Hope his career fails miserablyย 

He left during the international l break because Aston Villa approached him during the international break.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not quite as disgusting as your comments about Sakala though eh...

Mate I know you're comprehension's not too good, and you enjoy stirring the pot like a wee schoolgirl, but I said something like "cunt's fucking shite" where cunt meant boy/lad/guy.

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Who we get in next has no bearing on the way he has behaved.

Donโ€™t disagree- I am really disappointed in the manner of his leaving as I thought he had a bit more class than that. However, and I am I trying to look for a positive here, had he stayed, fucked up the next two games and then let them get with in touching distance before Christmas- a credible scenario given how we have been playing this season- then there would be plenty calling on him to get to fuck. If we get GVB in quickly that will hopefully give a lift to the team and their performances, and in a roundabout way Gerrard - unwillingly- ย will have improved us

Just now, cr3_bear said:

He left cos heโ€™s a snakey bastardย 

You were taking issue with him leaving during the break, though.ย 

Just now, Inigo said:

You were taking issue with him leaving during the break, though.ย 

My issue is him leaving half way through our season leaving our season hanging in the balance if you actually read my post

you got any issues or disagreement with that point ?

1 minute ago, Willis said:

Why the obsession with comparing us to the taigs? The taigs were rightfully angry at Brenda. We're rightfully angry at Gerrard.ย 

You can tell when the Gerrard rumours started that some of our fans first thought wasn't concern about the league or the club it was "oh no the taigs are going to laugh at us". Pathetic.

I don't give a fuck what the taigs think.

But if all you cunts stopped washing I'd call you out for calling the fenians soap dodging bastards aye.

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

My issue is him leaving half way through our season leaving our season hanging in the balance if you actually read my post

you got any issues or disagreement with that point ?

Your issue appeared to be that he 'slithered away during the international break', given that's what you posted.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Your issue appeared to be that he 'slithered away during the international break', given that's what you posted.

โ€œThe guy slithered off during an international break like a thief in the night ย leaving our season hanging in the balanceโ€

thereโ€™s my point mate . What part of it isnโ€™t true or donโ€™t you agree with ?ย 
ย 

18 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

how many of us said this season about the team being stale, players not on it, Gerrard not making right subs, he has his favorites?ย 

Im not worried about SG leaving, i'm thinking this could be a great move for us to, a new manager might get a hell of a lot more out of this Rangers team, different tactics formations etc. we could go up a few gears. the team were getting stale, watching us try to beat a low block every week, SG watching on hoping we get the break thro.ย 

Im trying to look at this in a positive way. Say we do get GVB....GVB has win 5 trophies in 4 years beating the likes pf Ajax and psv etc in a better lg than scotland. he is way more experienced and has a better resume.ย 

ย 

No sour grapes from me for Gerrard, he left us in good shape and stopped the 10.....could he have done better? certainly, he should've added more trophies but he has left us in good shape for the next man.ย 

I find it amazing that the majority of the abuse he gets for moving on is followed with the 1 trophy out of 9 line.....surely they would be glad to see the back of him as they obviously believe he has failed ๐Ÿ™„ย 

He has gone we move on, keep the season going get league and Cup success and today will be forgotten about.....I dare say we all may have a chuckle if things turn sour down southย 

Just for the record hopefully we get GvB and is obviously successful but don't be fooled that he won't jump ship if say Arsenal start batting their eye lashes, it's modern day football, the days of your old school managers staying with the same club for 10-15 yrs are long gone

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

โ€œThe guy slithered off during an international break like a thief in the night ย leaving our season hanging in the balanceโ€

thereโ€™s my point mate . What part of it isnโ€™t true or donโ€™t you agree with ?ย 
ย 

The bit I took issue with is the bit I wanted to take issue with, funnily enough...That part of your criticism was the international break, which makes little sense as a criticism.