Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

How did it do that? 

Because he didn’t have to face the club , the players , the media or anything all week :lol: 

If it was a normal week he would have had meetings , training sessions , press conferences etc where the topic couldn’t have been avoided .  The international break provided him the perfect opportunity to fuck off on the sly avoiding any scrutiny until pen was put to paper 

45 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

I'm just glad I've got other goldson despisers fanclub.

Any proper manager will see what's he's about, no other club would a player under perform and demand more money and still play.

Praying Gerrard takes him in January and we suffer 6 months of torture concededing goals and him have signed a pre contract with Norwich City of or some pish.

Have you ever been psychologically examined 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Because he didn’t have to face the club , the players , the media or anything all week :lol: 

If it was a normal week he would have had meetings , training sessions , press conferences etc. The international break provided him the perfect opportunity to fuck off on the sly avoiding any scrutiny until pen was put to paper 

Meh. The speed it went he'd have avoided that anyway.

Lets be honest his mate is Purslow ,Its a deffo he has known about this for weeks. I wish him well however ask any non football people and they will tell you he is a sneaky cunt.55 was great and the European runs but sneaking out during the international break and away from his players says alot for his character. Good riddance to anyone like that at our club.

27 minutes ago, beararse said:

I never said he didn’t feel those emotions towards the man, it’s the comments he’s came out with about the club before and after Walter Smith’s passing. The interview, to my mind, reinforced the narrative that Gerrard was most definitely a ‘Rangers man’.

Its the stuff either side of the interview that is the problem not the interview itself. 
When I watched the Smith interview I shed a tear, I felt for Gerrard. But I also thought ‘man, he really gets this club!’

He clearly fucking didn’t. So it’s not cuntish or below the belt, it’s my thoughts on how Gerrard has actively presented himself throughout his time with us.

Would you class Souness, Laudrup and dare I say Gio as Rangers men? 

they all departed under pretty grey clouds really 

Gerrard hasn’t left in glory but I think it’s clear to see from his reaction at the training centre after winning the title the club meant a lot as did his relationships with Smith 

Gerrard brought me a day I’ll never forget when we lifted that trophy. So I thank him for that, he looks like a cunt to us the way he’s handled this though. 

im not going to dwell on it, I’m looking to the board now to make a critical decision as if it is the right one this league is far from over as I’ve seen some go on about. The appointment is critical however. 

55 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Don’t forget that Kevin Nisbet was his #1 player he wanted in. Dumbfounded on that one mate. 

Plenty of posters on here wouldn't of been too miffed had we signed Nibsbt tbf....probably not at the 4m that was being quoted but if he had been available for 1.5m not many at the time would have complained 

Ps I always thought Veerman was our number 1 target?

40 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Honestly it's still that messaging that annoys me as well.  I didnt expect him to say "job sounds great aye, up for that" but it now plays back like an Oscar winning performance knowing what we know now.

Maybe in the fullness of time it will just be a bit of naivety from a young manager trying to deflect a difficult/awkward question, and doing it poorly.

Starting to calm down about it as long as we get a decent name through the door with (crucially) good backroom staff. We can't go back at all in that department.

Spot on. At the end of the day hes done well, and this season we are all wondering when we will hit full speed. Maybe the next manager would be the answer to the CL money. To be honest im not too upset about it. I just hope with the new guy we hit the ground running. 

The timing is shite and I wish he could have hung on to the winter break at least but that's the way it goes. It's frustrating but we're Rangers - we'll get a new manager and we're in a good place as a club.

What I will say is that Gerrard gave us standards again, he built our club up again from a pretty mediocre level. He gave us undoubtedly one of the best seasons that we will ever have and that I'll always be thankful.

Just fucking atrocious timing and way to go about it. Suppose that's football now.

Onwards and upwards!

Just now, hammer93 said:

Plenty of posters on here wouldn't of been too miffed had we signed Nibsbt tbf....probably not at the 4m that was being quoted but if he had been available for 1.5m not many at the time would have complained 

Ps I always thought Veerman was our number 1 target?

Apparently not Veerman mate. Nisbet wouldn’t have got a game before Alfie or Roofe I don’t think. Someone posted we sent Itten out so we could get Nisbet? The mind boggles mate. 

26 minutes ago, northern bear said:

Pretty gutted about this tbh. Last season was brilliant the way it panned out and given the lockdowns etc. watching Rangers was one of the only enjoyable things. Been a bit stale this year but still fancied us for the league. No idea who we will bring in. Quite like the idea of GVB or Jon Dahl Tommasen but that's it. Really critical we get this right and it needs to be done quickly given the games we have coming up. 

Tommasen can fuckoff . Guy came across like a total wank in the pressers against us .

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The guys earned more money than he'll ever need from his playing career, if he's still motivated by money then he is indeed a stinking rat bastard

Ffs Jim....it's modern day football, the money down there is insane

If you had 500k in the bank would you offer to work for nothing as you had plenty..... actually don't answer that as I wouldn't want you telling porkies

The money had fuck all to do with it, he knows where he wants to manage and clearly feels he is ready to take that step in order to try and eventually manage Liverpool 

Just now, hammer93 said:

If you had 500k in the bank would you offer to work for nothing as you had plenty..... actually don't answer that as I wouldn't want you telling porkies

The money had fuck all to do with it, he knows where he wants to manage and clearly feels he is ready to take that step in order to try and eventually manage Liverpool 

107959149_313874242985319_1777796565174357024_n.gif

5 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Apparently not Veerman mate. Nisbet wouldn’t have got a game before Alfie or Roofe I don’t think. Someone posted we sent Itten out so we could get Nisbet? The mind boggles mate. 

We had been watching Nisbet when he was at Dunfermline, surely we would have took a chance at few hundred k back then....no way we're we paying 4m for him unless we had sold Morelos

20 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Would you class Souness, Laudrup and dare I say Gio as Rangers men? 

they all departed under pretty grey clouds really 

With a Souness, yes I would, but I wasn’t happy with him at the time. Just as I am not happy with Gerrard right now. 

Souness has since proved he is definitely a Rangers man and has admitted he regretted what he did. Had he not evidently gave a fuck all these years since then I wouldn’t consider him to be a Rangers man.

I’d say players are judged slightly differently. They have a finite time in their careers and when they leave (which is expected after 2/3/4 years), as annoying as it may be, it doesn’t derail the structure of the club . I wouldn’t say Laudrup is necessarily a Rangers man, in the grand sense. He’s a Rangers great from a playing perspective, but doesn’t come across as a ‘Rangers man’ IMO.

Gio was youngish (23 I think when he joined) and on an upward trajectory, .  You couldn’t take umbrage at him moving on. It was expected AND we made a healthy profit on him.

Is he a Rangers man? No.

Do I want him as Rangers manager?

100% yes. 

What Gerrard has done is effectively kiss the badge, declare his love, then fuck off at the first real opportunity that presented itself.

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Are you comparing having half a mill to having the best part of 50mill, fucking hell lol