Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The fact there's been nothing put out from the club through Dingwall, Edgar or 4Lads speaks volumes here. If Gerrard had no interest, the club would have put it out via 'friendly' media by now.

They’ve done that on a few occasions, almost instantly Edgar has tweeted in the past squashing rumours about Gerrard or even sometimes players. 

The fact fan media are bigging up the compensation to be more than double what everyone else is reporting is telling tbh

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Aye, but he never paid for access - although Newsquest have recently coughed up for the RangersReview lads to get access.

I suppose that’s the negative side of these media partner deals and it’s hardly stopped the rest of the Scottish writers putting out absolutely bias poor quality journalism 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

They’ve done that on a few occasions, almost instantly Edgar has tweeted in the past squashing rumours about Gerrard or even sometimes players. 

The fact fan media are bigging up the compensation to be more than double what everyone else is reporting is telling tbh

David Graham is no slouch in getting stuff out there via fan media when it suits.

At the risk of certain posters moaning, whenever shit like this happens elsewhere, I can usually set my watch by clubs' media guys being in touch to kill it if it is bollocks. Christ, one club's PR guy phoned me earlier this season at 11pm one night to tell me stories they'd agreed a fee for a player were bullshit and being put out by the other club. Gerrard might not be chomping at the bit to go, but he's willing to hear Villa out.

4 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

I suppose that’s the negative side of these media partner deals and it’s hardly stopped the rest of the Scottish writers putting out absolutely bias poor quality journalism 

Everything that I said it would be before they were officially announced.

Hopefully the Gerard stories are nothing more than paper talk. 

Some comments here remind of speculation around us appointing Ole before he went to Cardiff in 2014. 

The idea that he was a good midfielder so he'll 'sort out' our midfield is nonsense. If that was the case Roy Keane would be a great coach. 

Gerard has achieved the the bare minimum in Scotland. 1 trophy in 3 years, splurging money while celtic imploded, is nothing to write home about. 

He didn't exactly bring through academy players at Rangers in a league where the opposition are tomatoe cans most weeks. 

He failed in Europe and domestic cup competitions, so knock out competitions don't appear to be his strong point.

So why exactly wound Aston Villa be looking to replace Dean Smith with this lad? 

Comment on Villa forum........

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

David Graham is no slouch in getting stuff out there via fan media when it suits.

At the risk of certain posters moaning, whenever shit like this happens elsewhere, I can usually set my watch by clubs' media guys being in touch to kill it if it is bollocks. Christ, one club's PR guy phoned me earlier this season at 11pm one night to tell me stories they'd agreed a fee for a player were bullshit and being put out by the other club. Gerrard might not be chomping at the bit to go, but he's willing to hear Villa out.

Representatives met last night. Majority of things agreed apart from a few issues on the backroom staff. Will be confirmed on Friday provided no major hiccups which they’re not expecting. I’m not an ITK guy but got a fairly good source for it. 

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Hopefully the Gerard stories are nothing more than paper talk. 

Some comments here remind of speculation around us appointing Ole before he went to Cardiff in 2014. 

The idea that he was a good midfielder so he'll 'sort out' our midfield is nonsense. If that was the case Roy Keane would be a great coach. 

Gerard has achieved the the bare minimum in Scotland. 1 trophy in 3 years, splurging money while celtic imploded, is nothing to write home about. 

He didn't exactly bring through academy players at Rangers in a league where the opposition are tomatoe cans most weeks. 

He failed in Europe and domestic cup competitions, so knock out competitions don't appear to be his strong point.

So why exactly wound Aston Villa be looking to replace Dean Smith with this lad? 

Comment on Villa forum........

Bizarre take on it.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Representatives met last night. Majority of things agreed apart from a few issues on the backroom staff. Will be confirmed on Friday provided no major hiccups which they’re not expecting. I’m not an ITK guy but good a fairly good source for it. 

It very much fits the timeline I've heard. I'd expect backroom staff issues are simply down to numbers gerrard wants to bring (every cunt) vs roles already filled at Villa and the cost of binning them.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It very much fits the timeline I've heard. I'd expect backroom staff issues are simply down to numbers gerrard wants to bring (every cunt) vs roles already filled at Villa and the cost of binning them.

End up costing Villa more to bin what they've got than hire our entire backroom team.

So it looks like this will definitely be happening.  I've been trying to ignore this stuff hoping it would be like all the other jobs he's been linked with recently and prove to be nonsense.

If he goes, then thanks for winning the league but we're Rangers and we'll move on to bigger and better things!  Hopefully the board make the right choice for the next manager and we keep doing what we are best at... winning!

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

End up costing Villa more to bin what they've got than hire our entire backroom team.

Probably. Likely what makes them so attractive too. I'm not convinced Gerrard would go if they say he couldn't bring his own staff in beyond one or two and the fact they can get the job lot relatively cheaply will work in his favour.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Hope to fuck Wilson sounding out people as we speak.

42 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If there is a £2m compensation clause in his contract that’s literally bordering on negligence from the board. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks of him at the moment, me included he’s still a global icon, a young manager and title winner. Whoever came up with £2m compensation needs to look at themselves

Probably Gerard's agent.