Morelos

DiamondDan

3 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I honestly, genuinely, struggle to fathom how some of our fans *still* underrate Alfredo Morelos or question him. 

He’s fucking brilliant. He will have bad games / bad patches like EVERY single footballer out there. 

Some of our fans just fall for the celtic fan patter about him and then have doubts over him

He has matured as a person and as a player. No more red card liability, he turns up and fights for the badge even when he’s playing shite like today and I’m happy he is getting back amongst the goals, even if the rest of his game isn’t back to the level we saw 2 years ago. 

This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular btw, just seen loads of pish on twitter aimed at him from some of our

He is defo underatted by some on social media mate. There are people on here who want to sell him for 5 million quid FFS!

Weren't they watching him score the 2 goals we needed to progress in Europe on Thursday? 

:alfie:

He is averaging a goal a game in the short time Gio has been here. 

People writing him off as if he is a has-been.:lol:

A thought yesterday his link up play at times was brilliant ,fininishing at times lacked a bit but a think under gio we will see him gain the form back again ...played well yesterday as a team and when his form infront of goal comes back the buffalo will score plenty 

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with you on this instance that he is wrong but when you don't agree with people's opinions, you always refer to them as being drunk. It is your "go to" card when you don't have a legitimate response. It's pathetic. You use it all the time.

I'm not sure if you are the biggest troller or the worst poster on here. But you certainly belong in one of those two categories. 

Tiresome to say the least,

I think he's both

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I agree with you on this instance that he is wrong but when you don't agree with people's opinions, you always refer to them as being drunk. It is your "go to" card when you don't have a legitimate response. It's pathetic. You use it all the time.

I'm not sure if you are the biggest troller or the worst poster on here. But you certainly belong in one of those two categories. 

Tiresome to say the least,

I didn’t call him drunk I called him stoned. I can only assume you are referring to my posts to @KaiserJon though, who is in fact always drunk. 

2 minutes ago, KaiserJon said:

😃 Bugger off!

You remind me of my late Nana from Lancaster when you say that 

She used to say to me when I sneaked a drink of her whiskey or threw her Yorkshire puddings out the window to kid on I had ate them “oh you little bugger” 🤣

10 hours ago, psb07158 said:

I honestly, genuinely, struggle to fathom how some of our fans *still* underrate Alfredo Morelos or question him. 

He’s fucking brilliant. He will have bad games / bad patches like EVERY single footballer out there. 

Some of our fans just fall for the celtic fan patter about him and then have doubts over him

He has matured as a person and as a player. No more red card liability, he turns up and fights for the badge even when he’s playing shite like today and I’m happy he is getting back amongst the goals, even if the rest of his game isn’t back to the level we saw 2 years ago. 

This isn’t aimed at anyone in particular btw, just seen loads of pish on twitter aimed at him from some of our

Good post 👍

10 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You remind me of my late Nana from Lancaster when you say that 

She used to say to me when I sneaked a drink of her whiskey or threw her Yorkshire puddings out the window to kid on I had ate them “oh you little bugger” 🤣

What she actually said was “is that you off buggering?”

14 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

I like the look of the way Gio wants Alfredo to play and get back to his aggressive and pro active self. Hope Gio coaches him back to the player he can be!

Only thing is, his finishing needs to be way sharper, we got lucky at easter road that his sitter didnt bite us on the arse, no doubt he's a much better player when he's focused on ragdolling the opposing centre halves and staying up front, but his chance to goal ratio must be brutal given his misses recently 

8 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He is defo underatted by some on social media mate. There are people on here who want to sell him for 5 million quid FFS!

Weren't they watching him score the 2 goals we needed to progress in Europe on Thursday? 

:alfie:

He is averaging a goal a game in the short time Gio has been here. 

People writing him off as if he is a has-been.:lol:

People underrate hime because for every game like yesterday there is easter road or other recent games where he's been honking, he's far too inconsistent to be reliable in front of goal, beaton doesn't give that penalty wed night we are picking on his sitter that he missed in the first half, 

He's always been better playing the way he is the now, problem was that when he was dropped/banned whatever gerrard couldnt change our system to accommodate a different type of striker, i think gio wont have that issue, but morelos really needs to work on his finishing, especially the ones where he has lots of time to think about it

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I feel like some folk are trying to convince themselves that he’s still doing well, when he’s an absolute shadow of the player he used to be. 

At Ibrox yesterday there were a number of points where people were really starting to turn as he was absolutely half arsing it when Dundee had the ball. He might not be fat, but either his mobility or effort is way down from the guy that ragdolled defences for fun. 

There’s still a player there, but he has to show it consistently and so far this season he’s way off the pace. 

Or he’s been told not to press

Just now, plumbGER said:

Exactly the reason I was trying to explain to folk around me yesterday.

If we change it up and don't press relentlessly it draws opposition teams out it allows us to try get in behind them. It's also harder for teams to suss out , i suppose it's all about game management.

It's not like he has just decided to be lazy all of a sudden.

Absolutely no chance that playing dundee at ibrox and not pressing leads to them coming out against us lol

If our backline decided to play keep the ball for 90 mins, Dundee would have happily sat in their box and not gave a fuck 

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Absolutely no chance that playing dundee at ibrox and not pressing leads to them coming out against us lol

If our backline decided to play keep the ball for 90 mins, Dundee would have happily sat in their box and not gave a fuck 

Of course it does, when I say coming out I mean passing the ball forward and giving it away.

We are talking about Morelos/the team pressing when they have the ball, not about their players pressing our defence when we had the ball.

If we press we press as a unit, the other players were dropping off to around the halfway line at times so they must all be lazy bastards as well.

4 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Probably already posted but just seen it on twitter so watched it a few times. Kyogo would have been rolling around if this was him.

It was incredible how Alfredo kept going and somehow took the ball with him, great determination and delighted he got a goal from it.  

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Of course it does, when I say coming out I mean passing the ball forward and giving it away.

We are talking about Morelos/the team pressing when they have the ball, not about their players pressing our defence when we had the ball.

If we press we press as a unit, the other players were dropping off to around the halfway line at times so they must all be lazy bastards as well.

And im replying to your point about if we dont press relentlessly then it draws out the opponents, when it clearly wont, it hasnt in games this season where we havent pressed 

At ibrox against anyone bar the tarriers we need to be in their faces for 90mins, instead of their defenders being able to punt it long we need to close it down, when their midfield picks it up we need to be right on them nicking it and attacking them before they can all sit goalside again 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And im replying to your point about if we dont press relentlessly then it draws out the opponents, when it clearly wont, it hasnt in games this season where we havent pressed 

At ibrox against anyone bar the tarriers we need to be in their faces for 90mins, instead of their defenders being able to punt it long we need to close it down, when their midfield picks it up we need to be right on them nicking it and attacking them before they can all sit goalside again 

I think you should call Gio and tell him this.