Goldson

GOAT

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Depends on his offers obviously, but fuck going from European finals to battering about in the English Championship.

Hopefully we win, he doesn’t get a good EPL offer and then fancies a crack at the CL. Happily offer to make him our joint highest paid. 

I think he will get a move to the Premiership. He’s good enough for that level despite what people on here try and say.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think he will get a move to the Premiership. He’s good enough for that level despite what people on here try and say.

Couldn’t agree more, he’d easily get a sniff at a prem club. Especially on the basis they wouldn’t be paying a fee. Gerrard would take him for a start. 

8 hours ago, Inigo said:

It's shite that he's one of the few top players that doesn't have a song.

Well we have a number of budding songwriters on here as you know. The ones who make threads about new songs that are well received by all. I'm sure one of them could sort it out 

25 minutes ago, stevemac said:

For our budget doekhi is about the only CB target that could get anywhere near goldson levels of performances. Just have to hope Souttar hits the ground running as well

What makes you think this random guy from Holland is just gonna step up and be able to provide Goldson level performance?

My sum knowledge of his game is looking at a few clips on Youtube where he looks like he just loves a slide tackle, which is great for a youtube highlights clip, but gives me the fear in terms of conceding goals.

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’m just saying there’s not a chance you get a player of his quality, crucially that plays the amount of games he does on the budget that we have IMO. 

I do not expect it to be easy to replace him.

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

He should get a move to the Premiership, especially on the back of this euro run, but the word going around was that it was West Brom that were favourites. What a fucking come down that would be. 

2 hours ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’m just saying there’s not a chance you get a player of his quality, crucially that plays the amount of games he does on the budget that we have IMO. 

We had 2 back in 2008 on the way to Manchester that cost £2 million. Goldson's arguably been Gio's best player since he arrived but no one at the club is irreplaceable. I hate that patter. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Doekhi apparently signing for Union Berlin.

I think because we were linked with him, everyone’s hanging their hat on him being the new Goldson.

Sure we’ll have a list of a, b and c options. 

4 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Disappointing if we were actually interested in him. Can’t be helped though. I’m still expecting Souttar to be one of the starters as much as people don’t want that 

The fat walrus Dingwall will soon be tweeting that we were never interested in him etc etc.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

If Wilson who missed out on Skov Olsen in January missed out on another main target then he needs punted, guys an absolute failure. 

We will go after someone else with a criminal injury record instead. Doekhi wasn't injury prone enough.

7 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Disappointing if we were actually interested in him. Can’t be helped though. I’m still expecting Souttar to be one of the starters as much as people don’t want that 

With the amount of games we play these days, if Souttar is expected to be a starter then we'll need to sign someone else to play in the other half of the games he'll miss through injury!

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

With the amount of games we play these days, if Souttar is expected to be a starter then we'll need to sign someone else to play in the other half of the games he'll miss through injury!

If him and Helander can coordinate their injuries they’ll have that left centre back spot covered for most of the year!