Coaching staff today

Born Sinner

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The choice to have Gio in the stand yesterday only made sense if we won the game

Losing just makes us look fucking amateur with those coaches in charge & our new manager sitting in the stand watching

Not expecting him to arrive on Friday and implement a new formation by Sunday but ffs at least take charge of the team over somebody like McCallum

It would have been unfair to put him in charge before looking at the team and set up.

Hopefully seeing what we were watching will open his eyes to what needs done.

Just now, surfsup2 said:

It would have been unfair to put him in charge before looking at the team and set up.

Hopefully seeing what we were watching will open his eyes to what needs done.

Honestly don't agree mate, if you're a confident manager of a big club you want in straight away, wasn't expecting him to make massive changes but at least lead the team out.

Conte at Spurs a few weeks ago, took over on the Tuesday & led them out for a crucial European game on the Thursday. Aye the team was probably already picked but him being there gave the place a lift before the game.

1 hour ago, Mondraker said:

That result was coming with those players regardless of who was in charge.

Gio has his work cut out in sorting out a defence where they don't/can't? defend and give up apparently.

Midfield...3 invisible men who can't shoot

1 winger who prefers to be the underdog

1 rollypolly who is on a perma-sulk

Good luck Gio

The defence is awful including a past-it McGregor and needs to be the priority.

13 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Holding back has never been my strong point 😂 but let’s be honest the subs were from people who shouldn’t be in football management unless it’s on a computer 

agree mate, random as fuck with absolutely no idea what they were doing - now if we were 3-1 up could maybe get my head around them.  Scary they are in charge of the kids.  After that think they'll be out on their arse.

4 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

agree mate, random as fuck with absolutely no idea what they were doing - now if we were 3-1 up could maybe get my head around them.  Scary they are in charge of the kids.  After that think they'll be out on their arse.

maybe it was just they couldn’t handle the pressure on the day as using nearly all the subs was school boy stuff where everyone gets a run out even the shit players. The mentality of medals for taking part and not for winning.

We can also blame the directorate for giving us another murty situation but it was one fkn game and they couldn’t have fkd it up anymore.

In hindsight I would have pulled Neil McCann from RTV and yes the players have a lot of the blame but pulling off Aribo and Arfield was so fkn wrong and Kent as they took our fastest player off yet stuck by Morelos.

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Honestly don't agree mate, if you're a confident manager of a big club you want in straight away, wasn't expecting him to make massive changes but at least lead the team out.

Conte at Spurs a few weeks ago, took over on the Tuesday & led them out for a crucial European game on the Thursday. Aye the team was probably already picked but him being there gave the place a lift before the game.

His work permit doesn't kick in until today, nothing to do with not wanting to take charge right away.

32 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

His work permit doesn't kick in until today, nothing to do with not wanting to take charge right away.

If he couldn't speak to the players in private because work permit, how could he conduct an interview with club media in Glasgow? That would also be considered part of his job. 

37 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

He/we didn't want him to take charge until today, nothing to do with the work permit. After watching a group of coaches yesterday pick names out a hat for substitutions while he sat in the stand that looks an absolutey crazy decision.

Say again I didn't expect him to come in and we beat Hibs 5-0 with  revolutionary formation and performance but I would've expected if he was appointed in time that he would lead the team out, even if it picks itself. 

Having him on the sidelines yesterday might've made no difference, never know now but it couldn't be worse than what we had, that was Murty levels of embarrassing.

17 hours ago, Born Sinner said:

What the fuck were they doing?

Arfield and Aribo only players with a bit of directness that might have got in behind or played another in behind. The two best players in the team get taken off. What were they watching out there?

They should be nowhere near our youths if yesterday is anything to go by. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

If he couldn't speak to the players in private because work permit, how could he conduct an interview with club media in Glasgow? That would also be considered part of his job. 

Don't talk shite, nobody said he couldn't speak to the players, the point was he couldn't take the squad or be in the dugout, the work permit thing came up yesterday on the telly that it starts today.

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

He/we didn't want him to take charge until today, nothing to do with the work permit. After watching a group of coaches yesterday pick names out a hat for substitutions while he sat in the stand that looks an absolutey crazy decision.

Say again I didn't expect him to come in and we beat Hibs 5-0 with  revolutionary formation and performance but I would've expected if he was appointed in time that he would lead the team out, even if it picks itself. 

Having him on the sidelines yesterday might've made no difference, never know now but it couldn't be worse than what we had, that was Murty levels of embarrassing.

I know it wouldn't make a difference I'm merely  stating the reason he wasn't in charge or in the dugout was due to his work permit not starting until today.

From Tav pre game obviously !

©:🎙️"The new gaffer didn't want to disrupt the team ahead of Sunday. That's really respectful of him. I'm looking forward to having a great chat with him on Monday.I'm really excited & looking forward to this new chapter. The new gaffer will be taking over a great squad, the foundations are all here."💙

3 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

From Tav pre game obviously !

©:🎙️"The new gaffer didn't want to disrupt the team ahead of Sunday. That's really respectful of him. I'm looking forward to having a great chat with him on Monday.I'm really excited & looking forward to this new chapter. The new gaffer will be taking over a great squad, the foundations are all here."💙

They could have done with a bit of ‘disruption’…

8 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Tbf, the coaching staff fucked up the subs, but that team have been losing first goals for the last 8 games, this had been coming, and should of been changed 6 games ago.

It's bad enough losing the first goal but yesterday we managed to also lose the second and third as well :ang: