Europa League Permutations

eskbankloyal

I know some people aren’t overly fussed about Europe this year but a couple of games post Christmas will help boost the coffers, doing some rough calculations and the Braga and Leverkusen games were worth at least £4M to us in ticket sales which can’t be sniffed at. 

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

All of the above is based on the assumption Brondby don’t beat Lyon: 

A win by 2 or more goals and we are guaranteed 2nd spot and into the Europa League preliminary knock out round - where we will face a Champions League drop out. 

A win by 1 goal and it goes to MD6. Any result in Lyon and we qualify. If we lose in Lyon, Prague would need to beat Brondby and would require a 4 goal swing. 

A draw tomorrow night and we would need to better Prague’s result v Brondby in Lyon. 

A defeat and we are out of the Europa League. 

If Brondby beat Lyon then none of the above applies as they could still come 2nd with 2 wins in their next 2 games. 

5B45FC7E-0DF2-40A1-BDE2-2A05E9504998.png

I thought if we won 2 1 then we would be through as long as brondby don't beat lyon?

As we would be better in the head to head as scored more in the head to head?

Normally I’d be happy with a 1-0 but you can just see us losing in France and the racists hammering Brondboo.

So it needs to done tomorrow night, 2-0 or 3-1 should not be beyond us as long as we don’t give them a goal of a start.

Front foot from first minute please.

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

A win by 2 or more goals and we are guaranteed 2nd spot and into the Europa League preliminary knock out round - where we will face a Champions League drop out. 

A win by 1 goal and it goes to MD6. Any result in Lyon and we qualify. If we lose in Lyon, Prague would need to beat Brondby and would require a 4 goal swing. 

A draw tomorrow night and we would need to better Prague’s result v Brondby in Lyon. 

If Brondby beat Lyon then none of the above applies as they could still come 2nd with 2 wins in their next 2 games. 

Fuck me that's a lot. Cheers for some clarity though.

What happens if Brondby draw with the racists and my aunty has Baws?

1 hour ago, The Socrates. said:

I thought if we won 2 1 then we would be through as long as brondby don't beat lyon?

As we would be better in the head to head as scored more in the head to head?

got beat 1-0 over in Prague mate so head to head would be the same  - would then come down to goal difference if equal on points with Prague

2 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Actually started to feel a bit excited for this again this morning 

hoping out of nowhere really we have a classic Ibrox European night to look back on against these cunts 

Yeah it's been pretty shit recently.

Always happens though. You go from 'we're shite, sack everyone, I hate football' to 'we could win the Europa League'!

Massive game. Getting excited now. It's the hope that kills you!

4 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

If we lose tomorrow and in Lyon, one win for Brondby puts us bottom.

If we lose tomorrow Prague will put out its youth team to play Brondby and we will be out of even the Conference League.

I’m assuming Rangers chance of getting a result in Lyon with Europe football in the line will mirror their ability to get a result in cup games and Europe this season and last. They haven’t had a big knockout result in any cup competition since Braga (not counting Antwerp which was expected).

3 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fuck me that's a lot. Cheers for some clarity though.

What happens if Brondby draw with the racists and my aunty has Baws?

As long as Brondby only get 2 or less points from their 2 games we would at least be in the conference side of the play off.

As for the other bit, being from Motherwell, we assumed all the females around there have baws so took that into account already

1 minute ago, folkestoneger said:

As long as Brondby only get 2 or less points from their 2 games we would at least be in the conference side of the play off.

As for the other bit, being from Motherwell, we assumed all the females around there have baws so took that into account already

New Stevenston mate. Were like the posh part of Lanarkshire compared to Motherwell.

Even going through there are some big teams coming out the champions League.

6 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Clear, concise and accessible. My tiny brain had no trouble whatsoever deciphering this. My warmest thanks go to you.