SPFL On Red Alert

BlueboyG

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Clubs have been asked their views ahead of a (likely advisory) vote - although decision sits with the board. Us and Ross County both on board though so expecting they'll defer to the outcome of the vote.

I thought that the clubs rejected delegating this type of decision going to the board in the Summer? Appreciate there were about 4 different options and sliding scales of seriousness. It was quite convoluted and I can't remember the specifics of each one.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I thought that the clubs rejected delegating this type of decision going to the board in the Summer? Appreciate there were about 4 different options and sliding scales of seriousness. It was quite convoluted and I can't remember the specifics of each one.

Was that not solely for ending the league?

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

I thought that the clubs rejected this type of decision going to the board in the Summer? Appreciate there were about 4 different options and sliding scales of seriousness. It was quite convoluted and I can't remember the specifics of each one.

IIRC, that was to give the board power to decide how to end the season ahead of time.

22 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I doubt we will see football in January mate. I want the games played but everyone else is Scottish football apparently can't do that without fans. 

Every week lost is a week closer to the title and champions league 

They’ll have to to fulfill all fixtures, we’ll see soon enough mate

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't although given Amazon's got the Prem games between Xmas and NY, I can't imagine they are particularly keen on losing some of the little live football they have on.

It’s a pretty dull EPL card on the 2nd as well, if they were looking to pick one of them to replace our game.

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

But they’re covering their asses by getting the clubs to vote so that the board can pass the buck when Sky ask for money back.

”the clubs voted for it, not our fault” - you can almost hear Doncaster saying it.

Cowardice, indecision, weak management, zero leadership - remind me again how much that bastard earns.

:wanker:

Giving the clubs power with all those agendas at play shows that those on the board are just figure-heads and puppets. What the fuck do they get paid to do? It certainly isn't a brand of leadership I've seen before.

24 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Surely if the winter break us brought forward a week it also finishes a week earlier so the tarrier game would be the 18th. If not they are cancelling the games and rescheduling them. 

According to BBC they want to start back on the 17th. Got to remember the sheep game still has to be rescheduled as well if this all goes ahead. 

Looking at the 19th Jan probably sheep away. After that only other midweek is 2nd Feb. 

If dude is right and they don't want a midweek old firm game. That bumps it back to March or April. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

According to BBC they want to start back on the 17th. Got to remember the sheep game still has to be rescheduled as well if this all goes ahead. 

Looking at the 19th Jan probably sheep away. After that only other midweek is 2nd Feb. 

If dude is right and they don't want a midweek old firm game. That bumps it back to March or April. 

If you start back on 17/1 it'll probably be (assuming we wont get a midweek OF):

St Mirren 19/1*

Stirling Albion 21/1

Livi 26/1

Ross County 29/1

Aberdeen 2/2*

Hearts 6/2

Hibs 9/2

Scottish Cup 12/2

Dortmund 17/2

Dundee U 20/2

Dortmund 24/2

Motherwell 27/2

St Johnstone 2/3

Aberdeen 5/3

International break

Scottish Cup 12/3

6 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

St Mirren have between 3 and 5 first team players tonight and it is in front of a full crowd, yesterday the filth said this

'Everyone at celtic recognises the difficulties presented to society by the current pandemic, and the health and safety of all must always be our priority.'

Dont even try and hide it

Don’t know if this is possible but if as you say they only have 3-5 first teamers available and SPFL say it has to go ahead they might be just as well forfeit the match 3-0 as it’s got every chance of turning into a cricket score.