Nnamdi Ofoborh Racist Abuse

falkirkNS

• falkirkNS changed the title to Nnamdi Ofobrh Racist Abuse
  • Clemdog changed the title to Nnamdi Ofoborh Racist Abuse

Saw a thing through the week about some blogger at Ibrox being racially abused in the ground, leaving after 20 mins, and then getting it again in the wee Rangers club. 

Happens on all sides. It’s often painted as a ‘Rangers’ issue up here, but it is worldwide.

Unfortunately it’s not us or them. It’s a worldwide issue amongst narrow minded morons everywhere. If the story is accurate one of our own got it from our fans I saw the other day. Probably the same fans were defending Kamara against Slavia last season. 

8 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Which thing that was said to him do you think was made up?

49 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

26 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Load of set up pish, freelance blogger put up to it by some arsehole probably gollum.

17 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

PS - No mobile footage of more than one alleged incident? Do us a favour!😂😂😂😂😂

I dont think that it is overly ridiculous at all to be honest.

Its the kind of things that older folk with a drink in them can say thinking its just banter, not realising that it is actually racist. Then others joining in thinking its just some edgy humour.

I doubt very much that he would have received any agro in the pub, and the guys being racist were probably more ignorant than being deliberately insulting.

To be honest, this specific type of racism will be on the way out on the most part as the support base ages. Less people will see this as acceptable and less people will think it is okay to join in with.

It probably seems far worse up here due to the fact that Scotland is still very much less diverse than most places in England.

A black guy in a scottish football pub is still a fairly uncommon thing, so when it happens there is possibly going to be some tit who thinks it is a talking point. Where as places like London, it will be common every week, so people are just used to it.

None of this is an excuse, but I think it is an explanation. Hopefully one that is very outdated soon.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I dont think that it is overly ridiculous at all to be honest.

Its the kind of things that older folk with a drink in them can say thinking its just banter, not realising that it is actually racist. Then others joining in thinking its just some edgy humour.

I doubt very much that he would have received any agro in the pub, and the guys being racist were probably more ignorant than being deliberately insulting.

To be honest, this specific type of racism will be on the way out on the most part as the support base ages. Less people will see this as acceptable and less people will think it is okay to join in with.

It probably seems far worse up here due to the fact that Scotland is still very much less diverse than most places in England.

A black guy in a scottish football pub is still a fairly uncommon thing, so when it happens there is possibly going to be some tit who thinks it is a talking point. Where as places like London, it will be common every week, so people are just used to it.

None of this is an excuse, but I think it is an explanation. Hopefully one that is very outdated soon.

It’s a load of pish to make us look bad probably snp driven. One Scotland, many cultures, cept English, Unionists and Rangers supporters.

2 hours ago, j1mgg said:

It isn't a thing that will die out soon, an older generation thing, look at some recent events, especially the "what happens on a bus stays on a bus" people.

An older thing ? Really when there’s clowns like this fanning the flames regularly.

18 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

An older thing ? Really when there’s clowns like this fanning the flames regularly.

Sorry, that's what I was saying, people keep saying it is an older generation thing, and it will die out when they do, but it isn't, the younger generation are just as bad.

Just now, j1mgg said:

Sorry, that's what I was saying, people keep saying it is an older generation thing, and it will die out when they do, but it isn't, the younger generation are just as bad.

Unfortunately you are correct, this once safest wee place on the planet, (and I’m not naive enough to believe we didn’t have issues before, too long in the tooth for that,) is now more divided and festering than it’s ever been.