Alex Lowry

EMRFC

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

A lot folk saying "Aye but he only played against Stirling"... well with the chances he created today, maybe our strikers might have scored if it was Stirling. Young man was brilliant today. Got stuck in when needed to. One to watch 

Yes, where are all those non believers 😎

Told ye so

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Posters laughed when others pencilled him into tonight's team selection. But there he was, and once again picked up the tv's motm. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The negativity towards playing youth amongst some is astounding.

That would be me mate. Some balloons on here.

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

A lot folk saying "Aye but he only played against Stirling"... well with the chances he created today, maybe our strikers might have scored if it was Stirling. Young man was brilliant today. Got stuck in when needed to. One to watch 

I was impressed with him on Friday though I wasn’t getting carried away because of the level of opposition, but tonight I thought his performance went up another level against a Premier league team.

For me Lowry along with Kamara and Sakala were the 3 best players on the park.

4 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

I was impressed with him on Friday though I wasn’t getting carried away because of the level of opposition, but tonight I thought his performance went up another level against a Premier league team.

For me Lowry along with Kamara and Sakala were the 3 best players on the park.

By all means, I don't want to get too carried away either but he deserved to keep his spot for tonight and has earned another shot on Saturday imo.

Walter Smith always liked to spring an old firm surprise from time to time in a starting XI. Unfortunately a start at the piggery might be a step too far for him but I'd expect him to be on the bench and in match day squads for the rest of the season now.

3 minutes ago, dbyst said:

a lot of people on here seem to think he is too young to be starting more often, i don't have any problem giving youth a chance if the coach of Ajax for 10 years or so thinks he's good enough, works well for them.

My issue with him regularly starting is physical, rather than technical. He faded very notably in the second half. Not a massive criticism of the player, it’s just part of breaking into senior football as a young player.

I’m really surprised at the way he has progressed.First time I saw him was just over 2 years ago and he looked very different to the rest of the team .Not just his ridiculous long hair but he just glided about the park .

He was so the opposite of a Scottish footballer and while being very skilful and effortless he struck me as the type who would just disappear off the radar .

Fingers crossed he continues to prove me wrong ,Problem is the more wrong I am the less time we will have him .

People saying he isnt ready etc, the only way he will develop now is playing at this level with better players around him and against a better standard of player. He hasnt let us down so far and has outperformed first team regulars. Maybe a bit too raw for europe and the tims but Id prefer to see him play than some of the other chancers to be honest

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Better than Hagi from east I’ve seen, impressive 2 games, great composure. Going to be a star. 

You can only go with what you see and he actually does look a better footballer than probably most of the squad we have. Thats not to say he should play every week or in games like next week at parkhead, probably a bit much that to be honest. He needs to stay in the first team squad though cos with what he is showing he has earned it. The really good players always break through when theyre young, not at 20 or 21, i hope and think thats what we are seeing here.