*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

It makes me even more ragin Saturdays farce against Ross County btw. 

we don’t drop they 2 points we could still console ourselves with the fact we would be too and could just try and dust ourselves down. Now, as sad as it is to say I can’t see us being able to dig out the grit and fight required to pull back in front. 

I think Rangers felt into a trap early on when Balogun/Helander got injured where Bassey had a few really decent games at CB. All of a sudden we believed he was fine there. He obviously isn't. So his inexperience combined with Borna being an utter shitebag has really cost us.

Abada had free range last night in the first half. He constantly picked up the ball 20 yards from the penalty box and Barasic backed off and backed off and didn't actually engage him until he was 5 yards inside the fucking box. The RB and LB need to engage the wingers quicker and they need to STOP THE FUCKING CROSS AT SOURCE! Neither Borna nor Tav have ever consistently done this as players.

Either Katic should have been recalled or we should have stumped up for Souttar now. We did neither...and it's cost us 7 points in 3 games.

5 hours ago, murzo said:

Kent in that top pic, a total spectator. He had no fight to win the ball back anytime he lost it, which was a lot.

Bassey too, like what the fuck is he playing at?

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Katic should have been recalled long ago from his loan period.

Just seems there's been alot of gross mismanagement going on.

Shit falling between 2 stools

No pun intended.

No, we should’ve signed Souttar. Katic is shite

Said it last week, people don't agree and its their opinion, Davis comes in and calms things down in the middle, so much experience, im not saying he is a starter, but he needs to be used more now he is back.  got a cool head on him, can dictate play. 

Good that he is back for the run in. 

Another point. Tav is too timid for captain,  its like he is captain because he has been there longest. if Jack is going to play? he should be made captain, he can lead by example. 

McGregor needs to be dropped now, he's 40 and playing like he's 40. Every player hits a period when they just go downhill and this season is one too far, should've went out on a high. He was responsible for the 2nd goal as it wasn't a great shot and for the 3rd goal the ball is in his 6 yard box yet he stays rooted to his line. Sentimentality is why Brown continued to play for Celtic last year even though it was detrimental to the team, we need to take heed of that!

Bassey has been decent enough at CB however coming into the season he was probably our 5th choice CB as it isn't his position. If Balogun was fit enough for the bench last night he should've been playing, complete tactical error from GVB.

Kamara as a 6, this experiment needs to end. Gerrard tried it and it didn't work, GVB is persisting with it and it isn't working. Jack has to play the 6 role from now on, hopefully he can stay fit.

Kent is supposed to be our superstar signing having forked out a massive sum for him and he simply is contributing nothing. I would much rather Sakala was playing instead, atleast he tries which seems to be more than what Kent is doing.

Roofe was sitting far to high last night and completed outmarked by Carter Vickers who towered above him. We are still in a situation where our whole forward plays revolves around Morelos and only Morelos. Defoe couldn't play his role, Itten can't play his role and Roofe can't play his role. The fact Morelos has played with us for 5 years and yet we don't have a similar type player as backup or rotation is utterly criminal. Celtic have managed this with Kyogo and Maeda within 6 months yet we haven't been able to in 5 years? Absolutely criminal.

Whether we can actually challenge Celtic depends on our next 2 games against Hearts and Hibs. Failure to take all 6 points and the league is done. The games against Celtic won't decide the league, it's the games against the jobber teams that will. We have now 5 points from 12 in our last 4 games which is completely unacceptable. Unfortunately for us Celtic are carrying the luck at the moment with last minute goals against Ross County and Dundee Utd aswell as Hearts missing a penalty against them.

Our season will know be defined not even beating Hearts and Hibs but how well we beat them. If we struggle over the line in both games then i can't see a consistency going forward. If we can pull out of the hat 2 really positive performances and use that as a launch pad then fantastic however i'm worried that i'm clutching at straws. Celtic will drop points but it's whether we do aswell.

1 hour ago, Mor3los_1 said:

McGregor needs to be dropped now, he's 40 and playing like he's 40. Every player hits a period when they just go downhill and this season is one too far, should've went out on a high. He was responsible for the 2nd goal as it wasn't a great shot and for the 3rd goal the ball is in his 6 yard box yet he stays rooted to his line. Sentimentality is why Brown continued to play for celtic last year even though it was detrimental to the team, we need to take heed of that!

Bassey has been decent enough at CB however coming into the season he was probably our 5th choice CB as it isn't his position. If Balogun was fit enough for the bench last night he should've been playing, complete tactical error from GVB.

Kamara as a 6, this experiment needs to end. Gerrard tried it and it didn't work, GVB is persisting with it and it isn't working. Jack has to play the 6 role from now on, hopefully he can stay fit.

Kent is supposed to be our superstar signing having forked out a massive sum for him and he simply is contributing nothing. I would much rather Sakala was playing instead, atleast he tries which seems to be more than what Kent is doing.

Roofe was sitting far to high last night and completed outmarked by Carter Vickers who towered above him. We are still in a situation where our whole forward plays revolves around Morelos and only Morelos. Defoe couldn't play his role, Itten can't play his role and Roofe can't play his role. The fact Morelos has played with us for 5 years and yet we don't have a similar type player as backup or rotation is utterly criminal. celtic have managed this with Kyogo and Maeda within 6 months yet we haven't been able to in 5 years? Absolutely criminal.

Whether we can actually challenge celtic depends on our next 2 games against Hearts and Hibs. Failure to take all 6 points and the league is done. The games against celtic won't decide the league, it's the games against the jobber teams that will. We have now 5 points from 12 in our last 4 games which is completely unacceptable. Unfortunately for us celtic are carrying the luck at the moment with last minute goals against Ross County and Dundee Utd aswell as Hearts missing a penalty against them.

Our season will know be defined not even beating Hearts and Hibs but how well we beat them. If we struggle over the line in both games then i can't see a consistency going forward. If we can pull out of the hat 2 really positive performances and use that as a launch pad then fantastic however i'm worried that i'm clutching at straws. celtic will drop points but it's whether we do aswell.

Good post. They will definitely drop points- even last night they looked very exposed on the counter when they are pushing everyone forward. We have seen them struggle against teams that park the bus and that isn’t changing. 5 subs will undoubtedly help them, but the rate they play has them knackered around 60 minutes and that will be exploited 

Arfield today:

Can you pinpoint what might have gone wrong either with the gameplan, or the execution of the gameplan?

"I think the rotation kinda caused us problems. We knew what to expect with the first kinda 10-15 minutes of the game. An early goal, they took confidence from that. But, as I said, in the second half we can take positives from that, they never really troubled us the second half. If we get that goal then the game could've been different."

4 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Arfield today:

Can you pinpoint what might have gone wrong either with the gameplan, or the execution of the gameplan?

"I think the rotation kinda caused us problems. We knew what to expect with the first kinda 10-15 minutes of the game. An early goal, they took confidence from that. But, as I said, in the second half we can take positives from that, they never really troubled us the second half. If we get that goal then the game could've been different."

“We knew what to expect”. See, that’s what gets fans fucking raging! 

Just now, BlueAvenger said:

Then they should have been ready and done something about it. Like coming out the fuckin traps themselves for a change !! 

We as fans all knew they would come at us right away from the first whistle mate. It’s the way they play. It’s fucking laughable and outrageous at the same time. Bang head against wall outrageous! 

18 hours ago, MarzM said:

I think Rangers felt into a trap early on when Balogun/Helander got injured where Bassey had a few really decent games at CB. All of a sudden we believed he was fine there. He obviously isn't. So his inexperience combined with Borna being an utter shitebag has really cost us.

Abada had free range last night in the first half. He constantly picked up the ball 20 yards from the penalty box and Barasic backed off and backed off and didn't actually engage him until he was 5 yards inside the fucking box. The RB and LB need to engage the wingers quicker and they need to STOP THE FUCKING CROSS AT SOURCE! Neither Borna nor Tav have ever consistently done this as players.

Either Katic should have been recalled or we should have stumped up for Souttar now. We did neither...and it's cost us 7 points in 3 games.

Agreed. Slate Greg Taylor all you want but he let nothing get into the box, the only time he did was when Tav was so far back it didn’t matter. 

Actually embarrassing how bad Borna is at it in particular. Always seems to show his man onto their stronger foot

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Arfield today:

They never really troubled you because the game was out of sight before half time. 
Did Arfield and his pals trouble them ? Did they fuck. Jack off the bar and that’s it 

Usual pish 

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

Had they had the other japs, kygo especially, there other night could have been alot worse.

Missing that julien and half there midfield too.

Had we had Morelos, Ramsey, Helander things could have been a lot better

20 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Had they had the other japs, kygo especially, there other night could have been alot worse.

Missing that julien and half there midfield too.

Bar Kyogo for the Greek Guy and Rogic for O Riley that was their strongest team.

Helander, Jack, Ramsey, Morelos all start for us if fit and available.

On 03/02/2022 at 00:24, sassaaaa said:

You learn to spell clown , as long as they 3 shitebags are at the club we are winning nothing.

Typo.

You do have a habit of dragging our team down. Obsessive at times. How many do you despise now? 

Never happy.

Get your fat boyfriend to punch your cunt face please. Xxx

On 02/02/2022 at 23:39, sassaaaa said:

Every game we have been humiliated in over the last 3/4 years the 3 gutless shitebags have been at the root of them all. We need a clear out of that backline as we are winning nothing while they are at the club.

So much hate.

6 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Typo.

You do have a habit of dragging our team down. Obsessive at times. How many do you despise now? 

Never happy.

Get your fat boyfriend to punch your cunt face please. Xxx

Stay off the drink tough guy.