Gio

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Based on what? We were a shambles under him anaw. We’d be further behind if anything

Would we fuck. 

Say what you like about Gerrard, his team would never have been turned over by them the way the did in the OF. 

He had us on top before he left, and we’ve had a 9 (?) point downwards swing with Gio.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Would we fuck. 

Say what you like about Gerrard, his team would never have been turned over by them the way the did in the OF. 

He had us on top before he left, and we’ve had a 9 (?) point downwards swing with Gio.

He had us on top while Celtic were dropping points regularly, Celtic have dropped 4 points since he left. 

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

If Gerrard was still our manager this league would be done already imo. 

For me it's on the manager 100% he's came in and torn everything down to do it his way in the middle of a season worth 40milliion to the champions ffs. Absolutely fucking madness 

Baffling shite.

We were labouring under Gerrard. Didn't Gio come in and steady the ship? Win a lot of games? Beat Prague on his debut who had just beaten our Gerrard lead team?

Is Gio "100%" to blame for the fuck ups against Ross County? The errors against Motherwell?

The longer Gerrard is away the better he gets on here.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Would we fuck. 

Whilst the tarriers were settling and dropping shit loads of ponts. I agree with you on the OF, Gerrard would have possibly had us set up better but let's no pretend we were doing good under Gerrard.

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

If Gerrard was still our manager this league would be done already imo. 

For me it's on the manager 100% he's came in and torn everything down to do it his way in the middle of a season worth 40milliion to the champions ffs. Absolutely fucking madness 

:lol:

21 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He has to win the league, you can't come in with the lead we had and finish second to them after the rebuild they've had to go through.

If he puts us through any kind of humiliation against the fenians like last time again then it shouldn't even be a question.

Why? They’ve spent approximately £25m, with most players settling in quickly and contributing. They also have a £10m CH on loan contributing well.

We signed no one during close season, in Jan brought in Sands, Amad and Ramsey.

All pretty much disasters so far.

4 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Why? They’ve spent approximately £25m, with most players settling in quickly and contributing. They also have a £10m CH on loan contributing well.

Aye we did

48 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He had us on top while celtic were dropping points regularly, celtic have dropped 4 points since he left. 

That’s the point most people are missing. We’ve been awful for most of the season. Gerrard got away with losing to Dundee Utd dropping points to Motherwell Hearts Aberdeen all at Ibrox cos they were losing. We should’ve been out of sight.

Unfortunately for Van Bronckhorst their form has been outstanding so no hiding place for him.

8 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

They spent less than what they sold

They brought in a complete unknown manager, their equivalent of Caixinha, who has brought in unknown foreign players for cheap & paired them with a few average loan signings

Without even thinking about our January window, any semi competent manager should have had us winning the title this season, especially given the position we were in when Gio arrived & our squad 

If he doesn't win the title I'll be absolutely stunned if he's here next season.

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Based on what? We were a shambles under him anaw. We’d be further behind if anything

If we had continued under the same form then yeah. I think Gio has a higher points per game than Gerrard in the league this season now and he has a better win % in all games. Celtic's change of form is the biggest difference in pre and post Gerrard. 

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

They brought in a complete unknown manager, their equivalent of Caixinha, who has brought in unknown foreign players for cheap & paired them with a few average loan signings

Without even thinking about our January window, any semi competent manager should have had us winning the title this season, especially given the position we were in when Gio arrived & our squad 

If he doesn't win the title I'll be absolutely stunned if he's here next season.

This is just a laughable statement now. 

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If that’s the case why did we appoint him in the first place surely we should’ve just appointed a caretaker til the end of the season when Gerrard walked out on us then 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

This is just a laughable statement now. 

Sure he won a couple of titles in Australia & 1 in Japan over a 3 year spell...Pedro was something like 2/3 titles in Mexico before us and a few cups 

Both only had real success in their own countries, both in their 50s & never even managed in European football. The fact its worked out well for Ange so far doesn't take away from the fact he was a ridiculous appointment

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

If that’s the case why did we appoint him in the first place surely we should’ve just appointed a caretaker til the end of the season when Gerrard walked out on us then 

Agree in hindsight we should have, especially if he wasn't going to get backed properly in January.

1 minute ago, Big Al 55 said:

You can’t bring a manager in mid-season. Don’t back him in the only transfer window and expect him to stroll the leave ffs.

They’ve backed their manager, regardless of the cost, the players are all contributing.

Our squad needed freshened up at the start of the season, never happened, recruitment in Jan is proving to be a total disaster.

Im on the fence with GVB atm, but folk wanting him sacked are an embarrassment.

Never expected him to stroll it but there's no way we should be in the situation we are in. 

They have backed their manager but he's brought in bang average players and got them playing well, we're the opposite under Gio.

If we lose the title there's absolutely no way he stays on & tbh I don't think we could trust him with the rebuild we have ahead.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Sure he won a couple of titles in Australia & 1 in Japan over a 3 year spell...Pedro was something like 2/3 titles in Mexico before us and a few cups 

Both only had real success in their own countries, both in their 50s & never even managed in European football. The fact its worked out well for Ange so far doesn't take away from the fact he was a ridiculous appointment

Pedro was an absolute imposter.

I’ll admit I knew nothing about Ange, I didn’t even know he managed at a World Cup but I think we got too complacent pre season when he got announced due to where he managed previously.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

Pedro was an absolute imposter.

I’ll admit I knew nothing about Ange, I didn’t even know he managed at a World Cup but I think we got too complacent pre season when he got announced due to where he managed previously.

Pedro was shocking, no doubt but he was similar to Ange in so many ways. Theres a reason managers like that dont appear in European football until their 50s...they're bang average at best...Bodo clearly showed that in their pre season when they dominated the taigs over 2 legs!

Completey agree we were complacent but if he wins them a title from the position both clubs were in last summer it's an embarrasment

13 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Agree in hindsight we should have, especially if he wasn't going to get backed properly in January.

Never expected him to stroll it but there's no way we should be in the situation we are in. 

They have backed their manager but he's brought in bang average players and got them playing well, we're the opposite under Gio.

If we lose the title there's absolutely no way he stays on & tbh I don't think we could trust him with the rebuild we have ahead.

I would argue we cant trust the DOF with the rebuild. The recruitment has been a disaster and GVB has been hung out to dry imo.

We should certainly be doing better, everyone agrees with that.

If you can’t beat Motherwell at home being 2-0 up, knowing they had already dropped points you won’t win the league.

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

I would argue we cant trust the DOF with the rebuild. The recruitment has been a disaster and GVB has been hung out to dry imo.

We should certainly be doing better, everyone agrees with that.

If you can’t beat Motherwell at home being 2-0 up, knowing they had already dropped points you won’t win the league.

The recruitment was a disaster before Gio so I would be inclined to agree that in some sense he has been hung out to dry

Think we were all expecting a tough manager who wouldn't be walked over and who understood the club...that would suggest Gio is the opposite! 

If his targets were Sands/Zukowski + 2 late loans of Diallo/Ramsey then he can't be trusted in the summer. If it's Wilson dictating terms & Gio is the scapegoat then we need someone in with a bit of backbone 

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The recruitment was a disaster before Gio so I would be inclined to agree that in some sense he has been hung out to dry

Think we were all expecting a tough manager who wouldn't be walked over and who understood the club...that would suggest Gio is the opposite! 

If his targets were Sands/Zukowski + 2 late loans of Diallo/Ramsey then he can't be trusted in the summer. If it's Wilson dictating terms & Gio is the scapegoat then we need someone in with a bit of backbone 

Sorry but Gio has been in the door 5 minutes, he’s not going to say to the guy who hired him that he doesn’t think the recruitment is up to scratch in January. 

In summer he may express that he wants to change his recruit is done, which is different. Nobody starts a job and throws the hiring manager under a bus when they’re still new. Gios no fool and has played at the very highest level, he’ll know if players are at the level required or not and will vocalise that in the coming months if they aren’t. 

Scottish football always laughs at a new foreign manager and fans instantly think flop. It’s always been the mentality. 

I think they’ve benefited from an outsider this season, much like most of their players as well. They haven’t really got caught up in the whole mentality and just played football. 

Whereas our squad are battle weary, absolutely finished and have looked so since Malmo, with the weight of the world on their shoulders in every game. 

Freshness has been key this season. Our freshness has included a Huddersfield flop, a Man Utd kid and the most injured player in world football.

Granted they’ve got lucky bringing in 10+ players most of which have had an impact but as is the Rangers way our new signings always somehow need time to bed in, no risks are taken with any of them and once their up to speed they rarely contribute or it’s another international break etc etc

5 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Sorry but Gio has been in the door 5 minutes, he’s not going to say to the guy who hired him that he doesn’t think the recruitment is up to scratch in January. 

In summer he may express that he wants to change his recruit is done, which is different. Nobody starts a job and throws the hiring manager under a bus when they’re still new. Gios no fool and has played at the very highest level, he’ll know if players are at the level required or not and will vocalise that in the coming months if they aren’t. 

If Gio doesn't win the league from the position we were in when he arrived & with the squad he had vs the tarriers he won't get that opportunity in the summer.

In hindsight he should've pushed for a few of his own players in January because there's no way those signings were his first choices!

Somebody above said if he gets papped out the cup on Sunday then the fans could easily turn, they were about 15 minutes from doing it on Saturday! He's 1 bad result away the arse falling out from the whole thing & on current form that's not far away!

35 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If Gio doesn't win the league from the position we were in when he arrived & with the squad he had vs the tarriers he won't get that opportunity in the summer.

In hindsight he should've pushed for a few of his own players in January because there's no way those signings were his first choices!

Somebody above said if he gets papped out the cup on Sunday then the fans could easily turn, they were about 15 minutes from doing it on Saturday! He's 1 bad result away the arse falling out from the whole thing & on current form that's not far away!

Gio wont get sacked at end of season if we don’t win the league.

Whether he would retain support of fans would be another issue.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Would we fuck. 

No his team just decided to drop points at home to hearts, sheep, motherwell and tannadice, 3 of they 4 fixtures that gio has improved our results in since taking over