*****The Official Rangers v Hibernian Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

Walsh was ridiculous, but wouldn't expect anything different from someone who has a season ticket at Parkhead purchased under his Dad's name.

Lundstram, Morelos, Goldson all played well, so did Tav.

Mcgregor is so shaky just now, distribution is horrific and costing us possession continually. Command of his area poor as well.

Some fans around me were choking to give Barisic pelters, counter productive during a game. Aribo was quiet.

Aside from 20 minutes in the first half it was pretty comfortable.

Just back from the game.

Alfie's link up play, movement and goal was top drawer. Love him.

Lundstrum winning me over, he does the ugly side of the game well and has a great engine.

Far too soft at left back/left centre back in behind, Borna looks terrified at times.

Also, if Ryan Porteous suffered a career ending injury, I'd raise a glass of a fine malt and celebrate. Prick of a man. Joke of a dive trying to get Arfield sent off and a general prick all game.

Very good again. I thought we controlled the first half very well and we were probably unlucky to only be 1 up. Kept that up until we got the second and very much went into conserve mode which I dont mind so much when we have a nice cushion. We also look good on the counter.

The obvious worry tonight is Balogun going out. Not really surpised as we know he can only play once a week. The worry is we're stuck with Bassey at centre half again. I think at times he looks good in the recovery, big and strong but then sometimes just wild. It's probably just natural for him to go out left but he just rushes out there constantly to help Borna and leaves this huge gap between him and Goldson. Luckily we had Lundstram there tonight but teams will pick on this - celtic very much did.

I suggested trying Sands beside Goldson rather than Bassey. More for our ball retention more than anything because we should be as far away from our own box as possible anyway.

The other suggestion is going to a back 3 which is pretty much unrealistic under Gio. Sands, Goldson & Bassey. Defensively it allows flexibility after the press which has Sands coming out right with Goldson pulling along Bassey and vice versa on the other side with Lundstram or Jack plugging any holes in front. Going forward it means Sands & Bassey can bring out the ball along with Goldson. Tav and Borna have free reign and you can still have that front 4 of Morelos, Kent, Aribo and Arfield to run riot. It gives you 6 players attacking with the potential of 1 other joining. It gives us best of both worlds for me while we don't have Balogun or Helander.

Twice we’ve played Hibs while the Tarriers are away to Aberdeen that I can think of, and twice we’ve had a celebration for an Aberdeen equaliser only for those bastards to score straight away.

Morelos unreal, Lundstram class again, Barisic is chronic

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Twice we’ve played Hibs while the Tarriers are away to Aberdeen that I can think of, and twice we’ve had a celebration for an Aberdeen equaliser only for those bastards to score straight away.

Morelos unreal, Lundstram class again, Barisic is chronic

Did Barisic even want to come on tonight? :lol: 

He seemed to take and age getting ready and Gio looked like he was about to go and drag him onto the pitch.

9 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Walsh was ridiculous, but wouldn't expect anything different from someone who has a season ticket at Parkhead purchased under his Dad's name.

Lundstram, Morelos, Goldson all played well, so did Tav.

Mcgregor is so shaky just now, distribution is horrific and costing us possession continually. Command of his area poor as well.

Some fans around me were choking to give Barisic pelters, counter productive during a game. Aribo was quiet.

Aside from 20 minutes in the first half it was pretty comfortable.

Surely that isnt true.

Even in this fucking backwater, a ref surely couldnt get away with regularly attending a team who he refs.

Aribo has been off the boil since returning from AFCOM. Not terrible but he looks a little tired to me.

I thought Tav improved ever so slightly in the second half but if not for his nice assist, some of his passing and crosses were rubbish. His overall play gets overlooked by the stats. (and before anyone quotes me - his assist was excellent)

Fuck knows what has happened to Borna. He is back to the player he was before scoring the free-kick against St Mirren. A player lacking confidence atm. 

Kamara was quiet.

The good was Lundstram, Morelos & Kent for me.

Good result tonight superb second goal .

We should have been out of sight we created enough chances in front of goal.

Some great defending from Barasic early doors at the Govan side he showed the guy the outside man turns in makes a run and Barasic gets level and easily takes the ball from him good anticipation shown tonight on a few occasions in that situation that's what we want to see 👍

I was also happy to see Goldson put in a good shift and some of his crossfield passing was hitting 30-40 yards to find the man in space to start an attack we should be using every option to keep the pressure on these cunts.

Bassey was another who had a good shift all defenders are certainly being more productive in getting the ball moving any attempts to go back the way tonight were met with the crowd urging them forward .

Roll on Saturday 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Thought he was absolutely chronic except for a spell in the second half where he was just mediocre to be honest.

He was shaky at the start but I reckon he came into a decent game doing the right things by staying with his man making a few well timed challenges at Left Back .

We weren't at our best tonight but I' ll take 2-0 .

Balagun was looking really strong & confident at centre half, Bassey was looking very confident, comfortable & composed at left back & linking up well with Kent & Aribo. 

Pish he’s injured again but complements to Bassey moving to CH & putting a shift in.  

Barasic. Looks like he’s completely distracted & has a target on his back.  

Just back from the game, good win without really getting out of 2nd gear. Alfie class again. Hope the Balogun injury isn’t serious. Barisic was poor again, can’t believe how much his level has dropped.
Also, wtf was Porteous all about trying to drag McGinn back on to the park when he was clearly injured…even his own team mates must think he’s a cunt.