***** The Champions v Motherwell*****

falkirkNS

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No one looked at mcgregor and thought "he's gonna cost us 4 points in the month of february to go along with the 2 at home to hearts

Mcgregor didnt individually cost us anything, we threw away a 2 goal lead at home to Motherwell

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

In what way have we went backwards, our away form under gerrard barring last season was always erratic, only this season the tough away games all fell within a short space of time

Sheep away, tarriers away, are always tough games, same for tannadice, 

Put it this way, if we had won all our home games this season, we'd be 5pts clear, gerrard dropped more at home than gio has

We've went backwards in simply that when Gerrard left we were top & now with Gio we're 3 behind, simple as that 

We also seem to have no idea what way we're playing, we're conceding goals for fun, have Lundstram at CB & have signed some utter pish on loan to complement the pish we already have 

1 minute ago, GWR1979 said:

Results have been abysmal but we are still in the title race and have to face the scum twice. We need to start winning. This isn't GVB team or his players. I would still give him next season at this stage. But if shit goes south we will always have a contingency. And some of the decisions he has had against him by officials is nothing short of a disgrace.

Facing the tarriers another 2 times is a fucking scary thought.

It isn't "his team" with "his players" but he has been here long enough to know who to trust and who not to. We see it every week who's shite and who's not.

Won't be given the opportunity to have "his team".

Just now, WWTC said:

Mcgregor didnt individually cost us anything, we threw away a 2 goal lead at home to Motherwell

Come on mate, both they goals mcgregor should be dealing with comfortably no? County was defo on him, hearts at home as well, arguably shagger has cost us 6 points alone this season

2 minutes ago, Mondraker said:

We pay off him and his backroom staff and there goes your transfer funds for the new chap.

What do you suggest we do? (Genuine question) 

Because we know the importance of winning the league this year with the funds available for CL money. I don’t see how we do that under GVB based on current standings/form

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If he loses the league then his position has to come under question.

3 wins from 8 is sacking form for any Rangers manager. 

I hope he turns it round and we deliver 56. But a lot of red flags the now.

Just trying to remain positive which can all change. Dortmund game was special but I just think some of our players don't realise we need to play at our best no Matter the opposition.

Just now, esquire8 said:

It isn't "his team" with "his players" but he has been here long enough to know who to trust and who not to. We see it every week who's shite and who's not.

And he shouldn't be, if he can't win with our current squad against a tarrier team with a sqaud of players who have barely played in this country then he doesn't deserve the opportunity to build his own

1 minute ago, jackg93 said:

What do you suggest we do? (Genuine question) 

Because we know the importance of winning the league this year with the funds available for CL money. I don’t see how we do that under GVB based on current standings/form

Exactly. The arguement that paying Gio off for what 2/3 million (less than Gerrard I'm guessing) vs losing the Champions League money to the taigs doesn't hold up

Gio isn't going to cost us 2/3 million, he's going to cost us 30/40 million & hand that to the them on a plate 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

What the fuck:lol:

7 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

In the two games v Dundee we'll either drop points or get pumped out the cup. The players dont have it in them this season.

I was looking at those game and thinking "easy". Now, like you say, we'll either drop points or get pumped out the cup. 

Typical

5 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If he loses the league then his position has to come under question.

3 wins from 8 is sacking form for any Rangers manager. 

I hope he turns it round and we deliver 56. But a lot of red flags the now.

Why only choose 8 games, his record in all comps is 14,6,1 and 2 of they 6 draws were away to lyon and home to dortmund

7 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

Nope, go back and read the Dundee tarrier match thread. We came out sluggish as fuck for the second half, people were crying out for Gio to make subs. Wasn't until Arfield was hooked and the fresh legs came on  that it turned into wave after wave. 

Have to say arfield could have been more direct in 2nd half. Was at least two occasions he could have taken a shot but elected to knock it out to sakala I think. 

Motherwell lap that sort if hesitancy up.

3 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

Results have been abysmal but we are still in the title race and have to face the scum twice. We need to start winning. This isn't GVB team or his players. I would still give him next season at this stage. But if shit goes south we will always have a contingency. And some of the decisions he has had against him by officials is nothing short of a disgrace.

As I said, I hope you are right and GVB proves me wrong but I’m still to see something which convinces me domestically we are going down the correct path

If Postecoglou comes to Scotland and wins the double/treble in first year I am not GVB could survive that and we should be looking at that as a real possibility unfortunately 

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Exactly. The arguement that paying Gio off for what 2/3 million (less than Gerrard I'm guessing) vs losing the Champions League money to the taigs doesn't hold up

Gio isn't going to cost us 2/3 million, he's going to cost us 30/40 million & hand that to the them on a plate 

Did you have confidence in gerrard winning the league before he left? 

8 minutes ago, WWTC said:

He's still capable of wonder saves but he's lost consistency. We need the latter more than the former at this stage.

4 minutes ago, jackg93 said:

As I said, I hope you are right and GVB proves me wrong but I’m still to see something which convinces me domestically we are going down the correct path

If Postecoglou comes to Scotland and wins the double/treble in first year I am not GVB could survive that and we should be looking at that as a real possibility unfortunately 

I agree but live in the hope or denial that won't happen.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

I was looking at those game and thinking "easy". Now, like you say, we'll either drop points or get pumped out the cup. 

Typical

This. I don't think we can "bank" any results in the coming weeks. To be fair  neither can they... Get the seat belts on - this is going to be one roller - coaster sphincter-stretching title race with plenty more twists and turns to come.

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Did you have confidence in gerrard winning the league before he left? 

Hands up nope I didn't but because he did not sure what that proves? They said last season was an abnormally & tbh as it stands its true.

The fact they're ahead of us with that squad put together in the summer & with an Aussie manager who has never managed in Europe is embarrassing 

If he/they win the league whoever is our manager deserves the sack, our current form of 3 wins from 8 would have any Rangers manager on the brink. 

If our current form continues Gio won't be here for the next Old Firm in April.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

Hands up nope I didn't but because he did not sure what that proves? They said last season was an abnormally & tbh as it stands its true.

The fact they're ahead of us with that squad put together in the summer & with an Aussie manager who has never managed in Europe is embarrassing 

If he/they win the league whoever is our manager deserves the sack, our current form of 3 wins from 8 would have any Rangers manager on the brink. 

If our current form continues Gio won't be here for the next Old Firm I  April.

So we sack a manager whos using an ex managers players, an ex manager and current players who you had no faith in to win the league earlier in the season

Remind me how gio takes the hit for this?