*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

And we find ourselves in a position where our Manager stands at sidelines  with an inability to influence the performance of the team, with the bench he had at his disposal and the minutes in the legs of the majority of the players on the pitch?

If he feels confident in them getting the win then its his call, making subs is a gamble as well as the sub needs to maneuver their way into the game, fuck how many times did gio get slaughtered for making a sub and we dropped points, tonight he doesn't make them, we win and he gets slaughtered, fucking poor guy cannot win with us

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I personally wouldn't, but i dont see them in training everyday, i wouldnt have played half the teams that gerrard did either but im not the manager 

Fact is tonight we were the post, two good keeper saves and a missed good chance away from horsing them 4-0, they deserved fuck all from that tonight, not even a goal, when was the last time we said that about a rangers performance 

If we took all our chances in the last three games we would have scored about 80 goals.

The fact is, we didn't. I get that you are happy that we got 3 points but don't dress it up, we were mince tonight!

5 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

That was an awful watch. But 3 of those sweet sweet points.

MilkyHeavyKrill-max-1mb.gif

All that matters.

Was wondering why there was inly 2 mins injury time, then realised its probably because we’ve not made a single sub.

Bit of a masterclass considering the late goals we concede imo.

1 minute ago, Albertzz said:

Next year gios will make changes lets not chuck him under. Bis for trying to play guys out of position. Next season sme shit then im on side with getting rid, im loyal and we need unity if we have a chance of winning the league. 

All we had to do to win the league was keep our 6 point cushion.

Anyway, I think it is reasonable for people to question a manager who made no subs tonight when our players clearly need a rest. If the players asked for no rotation then perhaps that’s fair enough but that management stifles competitiveness and favours stubbornness and will result in fatigued players.

If he feels confident in them getting the win then its his call, making subs is a gamble as well as the sub needs to maneuver their way into the game, fuck how many times did gio get slaughtered for making a sub and we dropped points, tonight he doesn't make them, we win and he gets slaughtered, fucking poor guy cannot win with us

Jesus fuck mate thats a new one.

His players were dead on their arses and completely unable to control the game for any meaningful amount of time. I can’t believe you or anyone else would try and pass that off as the work of a good tactician; these 11 players will see out the win. You realise how infrequently that managerial stroke of genius is used? 

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Jesus fuck mate thats a new one.

His players were dead on their arses and completely unable to control the game for any meaningful amount of time. I can’t believe you or anyone else would try and pass that off as the work of a good tactician; these 11 players will see out the win. You realise how infrequently that managerial stroke of genius is used? 

So in a second half where we had more of the ball, and restricted the opponents to one shot off target in the whole of the 47mins, we were dead on our arses and unable to control the game for any meaningful time? 

We are never going to play sexy, free flowin, one touch rip them apart football all the time, especially on a cow field like tonight, but we restricted our opponents to fuck all, and on another day we score 3 maybe even 4,

So in a second half where we had more of the ball, and restricted the opponents to one shot off target in the whole of the 47mins, we were dead on our arses and unable to control the game for any meaningful time? 

We are never going to play sexy, free flowin, one touch rip them apart football all the time, especially on a cow field like tonight, but we restricted our opponents to fuck all, and on another day we score 3 maybe even 4,

I think the 18goals all season stat has already been raised, I dont think it has to be brought up again to highlight thats a really poor St Johnstone side who are looking increasingly like a Division 1 side. As I said, not hibs, hearts, the tims…we were playing a very poot side and we barely had a foothold on the game. 

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And out of they 18 goals, one was against us the last time we were here, 

Arguably the game was managed brilliantly, they created fuck all and we won, theres nothing better than that

Stop talking sense mate in here  mate.It'll never catch on.

Just to remind the critics of GVB we just won a tricky away fixture.End of.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Stop talking sense mate in here  mate.It'll never catch on.

Just to remind the critics of GVB we just won a tricky away fixture.End of.

A tricky away fixture? A tricky away fixture away for me is, Dortmund, Bayern, Juventus, Benfica, PSG, Malmo or even sometimes the Tims but St Johnstone, don't make me laugh. This is Glasgow Rangers not Cambuslang Rangers.

Shite game but a venue where we it’s never usually pretty and you just have to pick up the points. Off the top of my head the only comfortable wins I think we’ve had there in recent years was the 3-0 last season and the one a few years ago where Carlos Peña scored twice.

Generally I feel the performances since the game at the piggery have been pretty good apart from tonight. However, I think we played better and did more to deserve the 3 points at Tannadice and last weekend at home to Motherwell yet we dropped points due to stupid errors which has largely been our issue all season.