Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

8 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s worrying that the first half was a carbon copy of the game in February. Lessons haven’t been learnt, and although the buck will stop with the manager, there’s plenty of blame to go around and plenty of people involved with the side who need to have a long hard look at themselves.

I thought, and said so, that Gio had learned how to deal with Them after the first humiliation at The Piggery. More fool me.

Twice in the space of a year Gio has been humiliated by that Fat Mess, and in the process has brought shame on the Club and every single supporter. How many more of these are we expected to put up with?

Even if we are doing as well as we all hope in Europe come the next time we play that lot, one more performance like that and Gio has to be gone, and tbh I do not fancy his chances, especially as he now has a first choice goalkeeper who has been exposed as totally inadequate as a Rangers goalkeeper, and from what I am hearing and reading has totally lost the confidence of many supporters.

I don’t like saying this but with Postecoglu they have a clear way of playing. It’ll get them some hidings in Europe if he doesn’t change it but domestically it’s perfect for Scotland. They play fast attacking football with 2 wingers and 2 attacking midfielders. 

What would anyone look at us and say our style is. He’s been here since November and I don’t know what his plan is. 

Not all of this is on him. The board and Ross Wilson have to take a proper look at themselves. How we have allowed them to get so far ahead of us from position of strength after the 55 season is unforgivable. 

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not once did a player get in front of their man.

Barisic couldn't do any more with his crosses. The only quality we had all day.

Colak got to one and missed when he should have scored, think he was expecting to get clamped. 

There were 3 more cracking deliveries and nobody bothering to get ahead of a man, as you say. Unacceptable 

Just now, BlueAvenger said:

GVB is fuckin suspect at our away league games 

Anytime its brought up folk hit back with Europe.

Facts are away from home his record is an absolute embarrassment as a Rangers manager.

we get the ball, pass it backwards and then teams fall back in and defend. its very easy to negate. 

its slow, lethargic and so on. 

it can not continue, its not working, we can all see this, why cant a professional manager see it?  is there any point sacking him now? paying him off with millions. if he is smart he will try a new approach as we've nothing to lose. 

less said about the board the better and as for the goal keeper.  JM should not survive that performance. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Anytime its brought up folk hit back with Europe.

Facts are away from home his record is an absolute embarrassment as a Rangers manager.

He's only won 2 games away from in europe as a fucking manager at multiple clubs now. Psv was a total fluke. They should've scored at least 2. He's not a great manager whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

He's only won 2 games away from in europe as a fucking manager at multiple clubs now. Psv was a total fluke. They should've scored at least 2. He's not a great manager whatsoever. 

We definitely rode our luck, we’ll get embarrassed in the CL

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

serious question can anyone tell me what style we play? 

I’ve been asking that for months, how were we going to score today what was the strategy ?

Kent to beat a man , not happened for months

a midfield of they 3 to power into the box, not happening

score from a set piece , their defenders are too strong

cluleless gio, where was motondo ? Your signing not even on the bench😦

sands at centre half ffs guys a joke ( signing injured souttar)

the keeper situation another joke

2 games in the next 6 days that we won’t win either

Gio has to rip up the book for domestic games and play us with far more intensity and pace. Like they did today unfortunately. One style for here and another for Europe - we can’t do the same in both. He’s been shown to be naive in the extreme. We should have been well drilled for what was going to happen today. Negligent you could even go as far to say.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Fat Ange treats and approaches this league with the contempt it deserves and their results over the past year show it. They know they are better than every other side and the go out and steamroller teams and show it.

We poke, prod, huff and puff and hope for a moment of magic from Kent or Tav to get us a breakthrough and the try to sit on it.

Chronic.

FUCKING THIS. 

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Fat Ange treats and approaches this league with the contempt it deserves and their results over the past year show it. They know they are better than every other side and the go out and steamroller teams and show it.

We poke, prod, huff and puff and hope for a moment of magic from Kent or Tav to get us a breakthrough and the try to sit on it.

Chronic.

We need a new set up to compete with it. Gios style isn't winning titles in Scotland. What's the point continuing it?