Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

Not convinced by GvB and don’t have any confidence in him turning things around but the players don’t escape criticism either along with our DOF who’s signings have for the most part been terrible.

Key players ball watching in our first CL game in over a decade. They have to accept some responsibly.

They are capable of so much better. 

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Key players ball watching in our first CL game in over a decade. They have to accept some responsibly.

They are capable of so much better. 

I feel this particular group of players can be toxic also for example how many times have they downed tools.

9 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

I feel this particular group of players can be toxic also for example how many times have they downed tools.

They have it in them to excel beyond our wildest expectations, yet also to fail miserably and send us into total despair. Soul destroying at times mate. 

Bipolar football. 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They have it in them to excel beyond our expectations yet also to fail miserably and send us into total despair. Soul destroying at times mate. 

Bipolar football. 

Totally agree, you don’t get to a European final if you don’t have good players. Doubt the board have the will or the funds to remove GvB if results don’t improve however. 

9 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

Totally agree, you don’t get to a European final if you don’t have good players. Doubt the board have the will or the funds to remove GvB if results don’t improve however. 

Can't expect to do well in the CL if you don't upgrade accordingly either.

Gio's system tends to work in Europe. He should have pushed for more funds though. We essentially stepped up a league with some hopeful signings without only one capable of performing at that level. 

The domestic results are down to him though. The taigs aside, we drop points to diddy teams which shouldn't be happening.

Just about every Bear is losing confidence in him. I don't want him sacked but as we say in Glasgow "he needs to buck up his ideas".

The last 2 performances, particularly Wednesday night had all the hallmarks of players phoning it in until the manager they don’t like is gone. 

I don’t see anyway a manager of Rangers turns around 2 consecutive 4-0 defeats, regardless of the standard of opponent. 

The board won’t sack him now because they are indecisive and rudderless, they’ll let it roll on until things get completely untenable, but it’s now just a matter of when, not if. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The last 2 performances, particularly Wednesday night had all the hallmarks of players phoning it in until the manager they don’t like is gone. 

I don’t see anyway a manager of Rangers turns around 2 consecutive 4-0 defeats, regardless of the standard of opponent. 

The board won’t sack him now because they are indecisive and rudderless, they’ll let it roll on until things get completely untenable, but it’s now just a matter of when, not if. 

Mate what is this "phoning it in" term you've been using all about? Genuinely never heard it used other than by you 🙄

Many reasons for our dire performances this season;

Weaker in goalkeeping, and central defence, midfield and upfront losing Leon B,Calvin B, Joe Aribo and missing Alfredo. The replacements are far below their standards. McLaughlin has slow reactions, poor decision making and positioning and does not seem to boss his defenders. We have lost height, strength and players willing and able to attack high balls when defending. We have lost the ability to hold the ball and create which Aribo did so well.Colak will score in the box but does little else.

However with this in mind why do we no longer play the high press?

Why zonal marking when we have lost the height and strength of Joe, Leon and Calvin? With smaller players we need them touch tight to effectively defend corners.

Why is our play so painfully slow and why does the first instinct a pass back no matter in which area of the pitch?

Are the players plied with sleeping pills before the start which makes them dose off at all opposition throws and set pieces because even after Saturday it was happening on Wednesday.

Recruitment is a large part of the problem but coaching decisions, tactics and lack of fitness and sharpness seems more so.

1 hour ago, eskbankloyal said:

How long do you reckon they’ll let him go on for?

I’m actually hoping he makes the decision to leave himself as if he doesn’t, it’s frightening to think how long this board would take to make it for him.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mate what is this "phoning it in" term you've been using all about? Genuinely never heard it used other than by you 🙄

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

How long do you reckon they’ll let him go on for?

I’m actually hoping he makes the decision to leave himself as if he doesn’t, it’s frightening to think how long this board would take to make it for him.

The world cup imo. Got a month to get the new guy in and settled.

Fair chance we don't play a game till after the international break now. I think that's saved him tbh because I didn't see us beating Aberdeen or napoli.  He's been given some unexpected breathing space. 

6 hours ago, HG5 said:

It’s a euphemism for going through the motions mate.

6 hours ago, Bronzy said:

Never heard it before. 

Tend to just say such folk are lazy cunts just going through the motions 😂

7 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

This is what frustrates me. He'll continue on until the league looks/is completely out of our reach. If we acted now, there's plenty of time to salvage things. But being passive is just going to hurt us more and delay the inevitable.