Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

48 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Gees peace man :lol: 

Our away record in Europe has been pretty rank under Gio, Dortmund and PSV are the two outliers, so its no coincidence the majority of the good performances this season and last have came at home.

Do you genuinely believe it was down to Gio lifting the players for those home ties rather than the atmosphere? 

20 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

Our away record in Europe has been pretty rank under Gio, Dortmund and PSV are the two outliers, so its no coincidence the majority of the good performances this season and last have came at home.

Do you genuinely believe it was down to Gio lifting the players for those home ties rather than the atmosphere? 

:lol: stop just talking shite to try back up a point about him not being good enough. 

Only manager we’ll ever have that people will actually try give zero/little credit for getting to a European final. 

10 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Being a professional is far too broad of a spectrum to pigeon hole everybody into the same category.

Liverpool will invest a lot more money into the sport science and fitness side of their club than we do and that’s going to lead to them having fitter, stronger and faster players than we have, in the same way that the money we invest in ours makes us have fitter, stronger and faster players than say a St Johnstone have.

We looked far faster, fitter and stronger last season.

We have regressed bigtime.

We are weaker without bassey and aribo, no matter what 7 players came in.

Bassey was collusus for us. Thr big guy inspired the crowd which helped his team mates.

Off the field something is seriously wrong, going by vice chairman bennets 33 min shamble video tells us that.

I think edminston house has turned into an over priced venture for starters.

Ross wilson and our injury list must see him brought to task also.

For gvb and a full backroom of dutch staff to not even bring in 1 dutch academy prospect even tells me, hes not making final decisions on signings.

Having kent and morelos run down their contracts is criminal!!!

11 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

For gvb and a full backroom of dutch staff to not even bring in 1 dutch academy prospect even tells me, hes not making final decisions on signings.

Having kent and morelos run down their contracts is criminal!!!

Both completely bizarre.

I get the sense the Europa League final had everyone thinking everything was peachy, and overlooking that we'd lost the league.

Here’s an example I found hard to stomach 

Gii comforting Devlin after he got sent off for doing Matondo at Tynecastle. 
He had both hands on his face giving him comfort/advice for what seemed forever.  

what is that? Why the fuck would you do nothing but give the wee cunt pelters.  

weird behaviour 

0B5A57C9-9CD4-4F77-AE5A-052FD36DB509.thumb.jpeg.c789963f648eaf7d852c9002ec1a1fac.jpeg

21 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Here’s an example I found hard to stomach 

Gii comforting Devlin after he got sent off for doing Matondo at Tynecastle. 
He had both hands on his face giving him comfort/advice for what seemed forever.  

what is that? Why the fuck would you do nothing but give the wee cunt pelters.  

weird behaviour 

0B5A57C9-9CD4-4F77-AE5A-052FD36DB509.thumb.jpeg.c789963f648eaf7d852c9002ec1a1fac.jpeg

He told him "he's a better player than that". 

Gio went nuts when the foul was committed, he was demanding a red card, no issue with him showing a bit of class after the card was shown. Even if it's not true and Devlin isn't a better player than that. 

22 hours ago, left winger said:

I’d maybe go for that, with McCann, or Lowry, if fit, instead of Lundstram. He’s been god awful so far this season. I’d probably also want to drop Kent, as well, though, but maybe a change of position might help.

McCann was pish in his league appearance against the worst side I’ve seen in the league in years. 

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Gio went nuts when the foul was committed, he was demanding a red card, no issue with him showing a bit of class after the card was shown. Even if it's not true and Devlin isn't a better player than that. 

That was as forceful as I’ve seen him. Went bonkers at the ‘tackle’.

At the time Gerrard left the majority of the support wanted GvB and clearly they did no research on him. His tactics and mentality were shown at Feyenoord and they might have won the league but that clearly was a one off. He did great in Europe last season and won us the cup but he’s not the man to take us forward and ultimately it will be a case of when he goes rather than if. In hindsight it probably was a mistake giving the job to Gio, we should have went for someone else.

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

McCann was pish in his league appearance against the worst side I’ve seen in the league in years. 

Ok, we’ll just cancel his contract and he can leave?

Or we can actually look at what he did in the game?

His movement was good, he continually looked for the ball, positional play was good, he looked to go forward whenever he could (that’s what probably confused you - it’s a tactic lots of other clubs use). He did have one fresh air shot when he should have scored and missed another chance. He clearly has potential, so we should use him more and see if he can develop into a player. If he can, brilliant. If not, we’ll not every player succeeds.

Or just say he’s pish?

8 minutes ago, left winger said:

Ok, we’ll just cancel his contract and he can leave?

Or we can actually look at what he did in the game?

His movement was good, he continually looked for the ball, positional play was good, he looked to go forward whenever he could (that’s what probably confused you - it’s a tactic lots of other clubs use). He did have one fresh air shot when he should have scored and missed another chance. He clearly has potential, so we should use him more and see if he can develop into a player. If he can, brilliant. If not, we’ll not every player succeeds.

Or just say he’s pish?

He was good until it came to their box

20 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Nah. That’s not class, class would be to completely ignore someone who may have seriously injured our player. 

Plus 
he also said he really likes him as a player in that interview.  Ffs if that’s his standard we’re fucked. 

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Nah. That’s not class, class would be to completely ignore someone who may have seriously injured our player. 

Plus 
he also said he really likes him as a player in that interview.  Ffs if that’s his standard we’re fucked. 

If you say so. Doesn't change the fact he went ballistic after the tackle and was happy to tell Neilson exactly how bad the challenge was at the time.

I think you can take that sort of post match comment with a pinch of salt.

19 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

At the time Gerrard left the majority of the support wanted GvB and clearly they did no research on him. His tactics and mentality were shown at Feyenoord and they might have won the league but that clearly was a one off. He did great in Europe last season and won us the cup but he’s not the man to take us forward and ultimately it will be a case of when he goes rather than if. In hindsight it probably was a mistake giving the job to Gio, we should have went for someone else.

Must admit I did no research on him, other than knew he won the league with Feyernoord, was shit in China and was a rather good player. In fact, I’ve never done any fucking research on any manager we’ve ever had. It’s not the fans’ job, mate.

But, perhaps, you could post a copy of your dossier on the other realistic options we had at the time? Who was that ‘someone else?’ Just so we know what’s required of us when Gio leaves. 

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

Must admit I did no research on him, other than knew he won the league with Feyernoord, was shit in China and was a rather good player. In fact, I’ve never done any fucking research on any manager we’ve ever had. It’s not the fans’ job, mate.

But, perhaps, you could post a copy of your dossier on the other realistic options we had at the time? Who was that ‘someone else?’ Just so we know what’s required of us when Gio leaves. 

Its absolutely not the fans jobs I’m just talking about me personally as I researched him. I didn’t judge his stint in China as lets be honest he would have went there for the money. Apparently he was the only option, I don’t know who else was available at the time but we could have always seen who applied. There will be good managers out there who would do well with us, I mentioned before and I’d still take them now but Fatih Terim and Mircea Lucescu are two good options. They’ve won 10+ league titles between them and a UEFA Cup, the only cons are their age and I don’t know if they speak English which is important.

3 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

Its absolutely not the fans jobs I’m just talking about me personally as I researched him. I didn’t judge his stint in China as lets be honest he would have went there for the money. Apparently he was the only option, I don’t know who else was available at the time but we could have always seen who applied. There will be good managers out there who would do well with us, I mentioned before and I’d still take them now but Fatih Terim and Mircea Lucescu are two good options. They’ve won 10+ league titles between them and a UEFA Cup, the only cons are their age and I don’t know if they speak English which is important.

:lol: