Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

12 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

I think we’re getting close now tbf.

I think the amount of injuries we have and the cost of getting rid of him and his backroom team will see him survive to at least Spring.  League is probably gone whether we get rid or not so Board are probably weighing up the potential loss of couple of cups against giving him a few more months to see if he can turn it round.  

Cost of getting rid will make it difficult to finance any newcomers in January.  Then again, with his future in limbo will they trust him to spend any money (or indeed Wilson).

Gio definitely deserves criticism, but I can’t help but feel he’s been let down by the players and the board.

Last year we were in a European final beating sides like Dortmund and Leipzig along the way. We then knocked out a pretty strong psv side and it’s been all down hill from there. 

I feel like the board have fucked him over if I’m honest. I know a lot of people will disagree and as I said I’m not completely defending him but let’s be honest we were never gonna compete with the teams we drew in our group without any investment. He was hung out to dry in that regard. It’s damaged the players mentally and many of them have now chucked it.

I actually think In hindsight had we not qualified for the champions league this year there wouldn’t be as many people calling for his head. The champions league results have unfortunately been the death of him and they have had a negative effect on the players attitude. 

2 minutes ago, PHDTB said:

Lawrence aye the rest no chance. Hagi no btr than tillman, soutar helander no btr than king. Who does roofe come in for to make team btr?

Hagi seems to get better the longer he's out, he was gash before he got injured, I'd disagree king is better than soutar or helander, the boy has miles to go to be a regular when everyone is fit.

Just now, Tommy Stubbs said:

Gio definitely deserves criticism, but I can’t help but feel he’s been let down by the players and the board.

Last year we were in a European final beating sides like Dortmund and Leipzig along the way. We then knocked out a pretty strong psv side and it’s been all down hill from there. 

I feel like the board have fucked him over if I’m honest. I know a lot of people will disagree and as I said I’m not completely defending him but let’s be honest we were never gonna compete with the teams we drew in our group without any investment. He was hung out to dry in that regard. It’s damaged the players mentally and many of them have now chucked it.

I actually think I’m hindsight had we not qualified for the champions league this year there wouldn’t be as many people calling for his head. The champions league results have unfortunately been the death of him and they have had a negative effect on the players attitude. 

Interesting name for a new poster

:shifty:

3 minutes ago, Tommy Stubbs said:

I actually think In hindsight had we not qualified for the champions league this year there wouldn’t be as many people calling for his head. The champions league results have unfortunately been the death of him and they have had a negative effect on the players attitude. 

dance-celebrate.gif.1fdf878c888419edde0d793639c697ad.gif

2 minutes ago, PHDTB said:

Your opinion. Who  would you change?

Tillman may eventually be a better player, at the moment Hagi is better for me. But that’s a matter of opinion I agree.

King is our 5th choice CH for a reason. Souttar, Helander and Davies are before him. Not sure how anyone could have watched the last few games and disagree.

He’s still developing of course 👍

There’s obviously wider issues beyond the coaching team’s control but the stuff within their remit - fitness, tactics, philosophy, attitude, player development, substitutions, etc. - are enough to justify replacing them. Even with its injuries and limitations, this squad is too good to be as unproductive as it was today. 

2 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Gios been a dead man walking since being pumped by the tarriers field a 2nd time in the league. 

Real hatred should be turned to the board.

Under no circumstances should they be allowed to run the club anymore.

Park Jr is the single biggest culprit. His daddy has given him the club as a toy and quite frankly he is a moron.

As long as he has authority over the executive management layer we will never get rid of the Wilson's and Robertson's and anyone better in.

15 minutes ago, Tommy Stubbs said:

We got torn apart at the paedodome long before CL group.

We weren’t damaged last week against the sheep so that doesn’t make sense,we can’t play against pish poor Scottish teams who pack there defence,when martindale says it’s easy to play against us then the party is over.