Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That was his first ever defeat as Rangers manager. Performance was unacceptable but ludicrous to say you sack a manager after 1 defeat.

The dropped points and poor performances had already began. At the time I wasn’t personally calling for his head but you’d be hard pushed to make an argument with hindsight against the people that were, with what we now know. 

Some of the worst times as a supporter are when everyone knows the manager is a lame duck but the club won’t pull the trigger. Hate it when part of me is quietly hoping for a bad result because it might force the board’s hand but you know that’s ultimately best for us in the longer term. 

Losing the exact same way to celtic two seasons in a row was enough to get him the sack in my eyes.  Everything after that has just been "I told you so." 

I think the reason he has been in the role until now is largely due to the fact that we can't afford to sack him.

3 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Glen Kamara blanking Gio when he was subbed. Ignored calls to return.  He commands NO respect.

i don't think the players want him there.  Kamara, another player touted for great things before Gio come in.  looks every penny worth the 50 grand. 

Just now, Stunels said:

Losing the exact same way to celtic two seasons in a row was enough to get him the sack in my eyes.  Everything after that has just been "I told you so." 

I think the reason he has been in the role until now is largely due to the fact that we can't afford to sack him.

Finances are definitely a consideration but, even if we were flush, I think this board would still have a fundamental problem with timely decision making. Find it hard to recognise, and don’t like to admit, they’re wrong. 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Called it at the Dundee game that this was only going one way.

get him to fuck 

M8 the most blind supportive posters on here have seen it coming for weeks, i fucking hate slagging off this club but the time for going tonto was weeks ago, he's absolutely fucking pathetic and I can't take anymore of the cunt, or our old man shitehole of a boardroom. 

Just now, rangersross said:

Finances are definitely a consideration but, even if we were flush, I think this board would still have a fundamental problem with timely decision making. Find it hard to recognise, and don’t like to admit, they’re wrong. 

Agreed.  I think our structure is flawed purely because there is no single leader at the board level.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The dropped points and poor performances had already began. At the time I wasn’t personally calling for his head but you’d be hard pushed to make an argument with hindsight against the people that were, with what we now know. 

Every single team goes through shit spells though. You can’t sack a manager after dropping a few points. It would have been crazy. Even with hindsight knowing what we know now, who would we have got in and would we have attracted anyone decent knowing we sack a manager after one defeat? It’s a pointless exercise.

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

i don't think the players want him there.  Kamara, another player touted for great things before Gio come in.  looks every penny worth the 50 grand. 

I heard about 6 weeks ago that players were blanking him. Posted on here and was told it was made up. 🙄

He's a likeable guy, great pedigree in the game, but he's weak, insipid and isn't a leader.

2 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Kamara had downed tools last season before Gio came in because he didn’t get a move.

Gio needs to go but Kamara and Morelos should be out too. As should Wilson.

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

Some of the worst times as a supporter are when everyone knows the manager is a lame duck but the club won’t pull the trigger. Hate it when part of me is quietly hoping for a bad result because it might force the board’s hand but you know that’s ultimately best for us in the longer term. 

Said this with 10 mins to go vs Livi, no points would be better than one. Was shot down. Lundstram went on to delay the now, almost inevitable. Sometimes you need to take one step back to go two forward.