Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

Just now, Inigo said:

Sounds insane to say it, but I'm near the point of saying we need to build for next season. That's how much of a chance I think we have in the league and CL.

Play the best of the young guys, stop playing the plodders like Jack and Davis and jobbers like Wright.

And get a new coaching team and Football Dept chief.

Get Mccann, King, Lowry in for a start. 

It’s for the feeling of aberdeen having to put about 3 past us this weekend before anything happens. 

Went from a European final and everyone buzzing about the CL to falling apart. 

That’s the issue though, it was pretty much all Europe and if that’s going then he has to as well because there’s been zero improvement elsewhere. 

As for those in charge, said it plenty but they fuck up literally any goodwill ever generated. 

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Fuck off with the straw man argument. It doesn't matter. What we have is fundamentally and irrevocably broken. We need to change it that's the first decision to be made. Who comes in is the second.

You fuck off. I want him gone. No manager loses 4-0 back to back and should survive. Its a genuine question. Who do we bring in? We need someone that's either attacking minded or strong enough to get this team sorted out.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Sounds insane to say it, but I'm near the point of saying we need to build for next season. That's how much of a chance I think we have in the league and CL.

Play the best of the young guys and stop playing the plodders like Jack and Davis and jobbers like Wright.

I wouldn’t care. We could finish 2nd with King and McCann playing 30 games. Lowry too if he wasn’t injured 

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Just while I'm on a wee rant, when did we become a support that is lethargic over this, this is a banner waving let's fucking wreck the joint type of situation, if he is still manager tomorrow then we deserve everything we get, apathy gets us the same weekly. 

No shoot the board banners though. Struggling to laugh at that but.

Fucking Bassey on and the cow is asking him to say how easy it was tonight.

It’s the manner of the last two performances. Team looked absolutely flat in what is the biggest night of their careers. I do think the quality of the squad gets worse every window but if you can’t inspire players to raise their game in an Old Firm game or their first ever game in the Champions League then you must be pretty uninspiring. Struggling to find any positives to cling onto regarding Gio. Can’t see him turning it around so best he goes sooner rather than later. 

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

nope, looking at them, their body language, the effort, spirit and fight aint there.  it looks like were running on 25 percent. were capable of much more but we choose to play in triangles around the back. the players do not look confident. 

The squad are playing in the same manner as they did towards the end of Gerrards reign here. Just completely flat and scared to death. I don't think they believe in GVBs system at all and it's showing in their performances.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Play the best of the young guys and stop playing the plodders like Jack and Davis and jobbers like Wright.

If Gio is smart that's what he'll do as picking the same players after their last two results would be absolute madness.  At least bringing the youth in will add some energy and new ideas.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Aye let's rip things up and bring in Dyche.

Some people need to get a grip, let's give it a few weeks to see how things pan out.

Alarm bells have been there a long before the past two games. 

He will stumble from one bad result to another.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Some people need to get a grip, let's give it a few weeks to see how things pan out.

We gave it a few weeks and we are a fucking embarrassing disgrace. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Fuck waiting, GVB is done. His football is killing us and back to back thumping are not on for Rangers. Neither is being 5 behind going into away at the sheep.

Fuck settling for medicore pish like this.

Becky Ives is asking some difficult questions. basically saying the team aren't carrying out your instructions.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

It's not two results though. It's a steady decline in every aspect of the team. From tactics to player selection to team fitness and morale he's fucked up every single thing. I've never seen a team regress as fast and as completely as we have.

I 100% agree we've regressed massively. I guess it depends on whether you think he deserves a chance to sort it. For me, the pressure is now on him but I think the European run, Scottish Cup and CL qualification has earned him more time than some fans seem to be willing to give him. The next few weeks will be telling.

I can’t see how Gio can stay on. The weekend performance and result, plus tonight’s performance and result makes his position untenable. Of course, as is often the case with any club, he’s brought in a lot of coaching staff and to pay them all off after so recently joining is something I’m not sure we are in a position to do. He should do the the honourable thing and go now. That doesn’t account for all the backroom staff but is a starting point. Clearly it’s not just the last two results, the writing was on the wall with Hibs away and some of the shit we saw last season domestically, mainly away from home. The Europa League performances were incredible and he will never be forgotten for that achievement, but overall it simply hasn’t been good enough. Ross Wilson can GTF as well. I just don’t know if we can pay them all off and then can the board even be trusted to get the right men in to replace them all? 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Dyche isn’t the answer but Gio will win 4 of the next 5 in the league, keep losing in Europe, and the scum will keep winning domestically. Before you know it we’ll be 12 points behind at Christmas 

Defended the man plenty but you're just as culpable if you continue you to play players who just dont give a fuck.

His tactics and subs were poor tonight too. Should have moved to a back 5 after going 1-0 down, they were stretching us like fuck and took full advantage. 

Trust these players and you wont win much. Ring the changes or you will be gone unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

You fuck off. I want him gone. No manager loses 4-0 back to back and should survive. Its a genuine question. Who do we bring in? We need someone that's either attacking minded or strong enough to get this team sorted out.

Sorry that came across more harsh than I intended. Hightened emotions. 

I don't know who we bring in and sadly I don't trust Wilson and the current regime to make the right choice.