*****The Official Braga vs Rangers Thread*****

28 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We could play 3 up front but as long as the players keep doing the same shit that doesnt work it wont matter, 

Even if we play ramsey, roofe, itten up front, the hope beyond all hope crosses are a killer, we never look up and think "fuck crossing it as theres more defenders than attackers and its a waste" nope its a heads down and cross it in blindly hoping for a miracle

Its the players themselves that are the problem, there's a massive lack of pace in our attacking areas, even Kent isn't what you'd call rapid

Our plan, since Gerrard is to get it wide and get quality delivery in. Teams sussed it out domestically a while ago

25 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

I thought managers were supposed to select tactics and formations that suited the players available.

Nowadays it appears the system is king and they will stick players just about anywhere to suit their precious system.

Agreed. Lazy thinking in my view.

17 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Not really cause we had to register enough scots or scots born trained or pish like that helander wasnt fit and balogun was

It was a good call to leave out a returning international CB from a European squad as he wasnt fit at the time? Ok then. 

2 hours ago, DW1872 said:

That's a fair point, this game is massive and the rewards are massive but I don't truly believe we can actually win the Europa League and I have watched all season as we've gradually handed the initiative at home to the scum across the city when we should have been superior.

This is what has dented my enthusiasm. As I've mentioned before, my enthusiasm has also been dented (by more than I can describe) by the Aussie debacle.

I will watch tomorrow fully engrossed and obviously supporting the greatest club in the world but I cannot get past a lot of things that have taken place this season.

I live to see us rule the roost in our domestic league against the one club I want to beat more than any other and we haven't done that much recently.

Anything can happen. Got to believe. 

8 hours ago, WWTC said:

It was a good call to leave out a returning international CB from a European squad as he wasnt fit at the time? Ok then. 

So who should we have dropped then? At the time everyone else was more fit than him, we only have a limited amount of non scots places, thats why Mclaughlin isnt there as well

13 hours ago, southcoastbear said:

Think he plays in English Div one these days, so third tier, no so sure about better option.

No lived up to his potential IMO 

He’s at Sheffield Wednesday.

5 goals in 26…

Suggests you’re right about the potential.

12 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Darcheville was an absolute unit who could lead the line by himself no problem

Someone saying Darcheville wasn't mobile, is quite literally one of the worst takes I've ever seen on here. Guy ran himself in to the ground every game.

59 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So who should we have dropped then? At the time everyone else was more fit than him, we only have a limited amount of non scots places, thats why Mclaughlin isnt there as well

McLaughlin is in the squad, and he's Scottish.

Not feeling confident at all tonight. Think it's pretty obvious some motivation and probably confidence has abandoned a good few bodies in this team. This Braga are a different side to the one from a few years ago; tough to break down and no defensive line on the half-way line.

Unless of course the players flip-flop once again and beat them 3 nil, which would also be no shock as they are also playing for themselves IMO.