***** The Official RB Leipzig v Rangers (Opposition) Europa League Semi Final Match Thread *****

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I genuinely feel no nerves at all, I don’t seem to get them in Europe :lol:

Our players should basically go in with nothing to lose tbh. Good outlook going into it. Pressure should be on that mob having got to champs league semis recently.

7 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Our players should basically go in with nothing to lose tbh. Good outlook going into it. Pressure should be on that mob having got to champs league semis recently.

Has any club ever won a major European title without ever having won their domestic league before?

4 hours ago, CR3 said:

I think that’s why we tend to do so well in Europe, the pressure is mostly off. Once we get out of the group stages in this competition every round is an added bonus so even if we get beat it’s pretty quickly accepted 

6 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

normally i don't when it comes to european games but thinking back to 2008 and what we did and how we got there just fills me with excitement, i never thought for one second in my lifetime would we reach a major european final but to be this close on doing it all over again is just unreal.

I wasn't born in 72 so i never saw us lift the cwc, i was born in 81 and i grew up watching some incredible moments from league championships to domestic cups to such crazy moments like nisbet's goal against brugge, vanolis 40 yard wonder strike, gazza scoring 2 near identical goals against steaua and the sheep and watching petric whip off his top and wave it about like a madman against alania vladikavkaz, watching us reach the last 16 in the champions league and edu scoring that dramatic goal, it's moments like that is what i love about the club and i'll always cherish them until the day i die.:love:

This mornings tune stuck in my head is the GIO song. Just constantly whistling and then singing it.

Usually whilst driving a bus it's the Wolverhampton Town song.

Home for half 3 today and I'm buzzing. Would love a 1-1 draw but if we play half as good as we did away v Dortmund then we could win this tie tonight.

Had numerous dreams about the game last night. One of which I woke up (in my dream) having dreamt that we had lost 2-0 so I rushed to check the score and it turns out we won 11-1 😅😅😅.

I will take a 1-0 thank you very much. I won't be greedy.

P.s If anyone is mental enough to think I predicted the future and put a bet on I wouldn't mind a share of any winnings as the odds on that must be astronomical 😅

Just now, IpswichGer said:

Had numerous dreams about the game last night. One of which I woke up (in my dream) having dreamt that we had lost 2-0 so I rushed to check the score and it turns out we won 11-1 😅😅😅.

I will take a 1-0 thank you very much. I won't be greedy.

P.s If anyone is mental enough to think I predicted the future and put a bet on I wouldn't mind a share of any winnings as the odds on that must be astronomical 😅

Had a dream the other night where we were 8-0 up and they scored late on so finished 8-1 😂 

9 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’m exactly the same. Everything’s a bonus after group qualification.

More nerves away at St Johnstone or something in the league (before we fucked it). 

Sure if we’re still in the tie after tonight that the nerves will kick in at Ibrox. Mental to think we’re so close to a European final. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m exactly the same. Everything’s a bonus after group qualification.

More nerves away at St Johnstone or something in the league (before we fucked it). 

Sure if we’re still in the tie after tonight that the nerves will kick in at Ibrox. Mental to think we’re so close to a European final. 

I was the same until the Braga game at Ibrox. Trying to watch it on my phone on the way up the road from London on a train with shite signal and having to put the radio on :lol: But I'd still get messages from the group chat come through, nerves born out of the frustration of not being able to watch haha.