Frankfurt players, coach, tactics

1-1 today. Rested quite a few regulars at the start but brought them on as subs.

Their keepers wrist was heavily strapped and he needed brief treatment for it.

Wouldn't it be ashame if he got injured!

As expected 3 at the back and definitely more dangerous down their left hand side.

11 hours ago, RWB72 said:

Injury updates:

"Hinteregger has suffered a major muscle injury, which means he is out for the season," said Frankfurt coach Oliver Glasner today.

"That's a shame for Martin and for us," added the coach.

Glasner also provided an injury update on Djibril Sow, Rafael Borre and Jens Petter Hauge.

"Djibril Sow broke his nose. We have to see how we deal with it, whether he gets a mask. Borre and Hauge are both feeling a bit of pinching. We will not risk any muscle injuries," he said.
https://bulinews.com/news/12527/hinteregger-miss-the-rest-the-season

Sow & Hauge both came on as subs today. Borre wasn’t involved at all though

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

They won it in 1980.

I know mate.

They are considered a sleeping giant in Deutchsland.

Where i lived in germany, local bar we use to go too had a eintract supporters club despite hamburg, bremen being 2 closest teams.

22 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

On ESPN FC they were having this discussion regarding Liverpool vs Real Madrid and who's position would you rather be in. Everyone including the likes of Del Piero said Liverpool, having to keep mentally focused and on top of your game to win the league and cup is more beneficial than sitting doing nothing for 2 weeks when your levels could drop and it's hard to get that back straight away.

Obviously we are in a slightly different situation with the league gone, but we can't just rest the first 11 and not play them over the next 3 league games. As you said it's about balance and giving them some rest but minutes to keep them ready for the final.

Various reasons why we lost the Scottish cup final in 2016 but always felt like we lost an edge after winning the league, whereas Hibs had to compete in the play-offs (although they did lose). The last game we won outright that season was on April 5th, beat the scum on pens April 17th and the cup final was over a month later. 

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

My heart is racing reading this thread. Fuck knows what it'll be on the actually day. 

I know weirdly this thread more than any other has really got me going and started thinking about the actual game itself. Just imagining the opposition and thinking fuck hope they aren't up to much :lol:

Been looking up Frankfurt domestically and the journey in the Europa league this season and hope this can help some members on the forum. I have tried my best to make all this accurate so if i make a mistake let me know.

I will start with Frankfurt's Bundesliga record in the last 15 games just to give you a rough idea how they have been playing.

They have won 2 games in the last 15 and in those 15 games they have 6 draws and lost 7 of those games.

overall in the season they have played 33 matches and won 10 games and drew 11 and lost 12 and have a goal scoring record of 43 and conceded 47 goals and currently sit with 41 pts and sit 12th in the league. they have a decent home attendance also it sits around 40-51k so that can give you a rough idea of the following they have.

Europa League for them this season seems to be where they have been performing and they have had some great results along the way just like we have.

They started in Group D and here is the ending of that group
58408623_FrankfurtGroupD.thumb.jpg.b4c6da08d6d16c440dc9eb75e3742751.jpg

After topping Group D they went on to the round of the last 16.

They played Real Betis and won on a 3-2 Aggerate 
Then dumped out Barcelona on a 4-2 Aggerate
Finally beat West Ham 3-1 on Aggerate

Still have to look into the players of Frankfurt but i am sure everyone knows by now what we are up against and the players we need to keep quiet.

24 minutes ago, BlueVanguard said:

Been looking up Frankfurt domestically and the journey in the Europa league this season and hope this can help some members on the forum. I have tried my best to make all this accurate so if i make a mistake let me know.

I will start with Frankfurt's Bundesliga record in the last 15 games just to give you a rough idea how they have been playing.

They have won 2 games in the last 15 and in those 15 games they have 6 draws and lost 7 of those games.

overall in the season they have played 33 matches and won 10 games and drew 11 and lost 12 and have a goal scoring record of 43 and conceded 47 goals and currently sit with 42 pts and sit 10th in the league. they have a decent home attendance also it sits around 40-51k so that can give you a rough idea of the following they have.

Europa League for them this season seems to be where they have been performing and they have had some great results along the way just like we have.

They started in Group D and here is the ending of that group
58408623_FrankfurtGroupD.thumb.jpg.b4c6da08d6d16c440dc9eb75e3742751.jpg

After topping Group D they went on to the round of the last 16.

They played Real Betis and won on a 3-2 Aggerate 
Then dumped out Barcelona on a 4-2 Aggerate
Finally beat West Ham 3-1 on Aggerate

Still have to look into the players of Frankfurt but i am sure everyone knows by now what we are up against and the players we need to keep quiet.

They site 12th in the league on 41 points.

56 minutes ago, delparlane said:

Trying to temper my expectations but not having much success at it. Would be SO amazing to see our boys lift that cup. Gutted we won’t be playing in our royal blue though - hope to God it’s not that lavender nightmare.

Not confirmed yet, is it? Think there might be a chance for blue Jersey with white shorts and socks?

On 09/05/2022 at 11:34, AGM_72 said:

Various reasons why we lost the Scottish cup final in 2016 but always felt like we lost an edge after winning the league, whereas Hibs had to compete in the play-offs (although they did lose). The last game we won outright that season was on April 5th, beat the scum on pens April 17th and the cup final was over a month later. 

Yeh it’s strange but we really seem to struggle after breaks. Usually Winter break. It takes us a month to hit our strides again. And yet we seem to be much better than most teams after a midweek game. 

Tough one to balance for Gio in terms of resting players.

31 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

They haven't lost a game in Europe this season. Granted we set up differently away from home, but my concern is that, other than Dortmund, our big performances have generally come at Ibrox.

It’s a valid point, they are going to need to find an Ibrox performance away. 

But they can and will 🙏 

12 minutes ago, markem said:

It’s a valid point, they are going to need to find an Ibrox performance away. 

But they can and will 🙏 

I believe its possible, and on paper we've beaten better teams, but their European form is consistently incredible. I was confident for a few days following knocking out Leipzig but I think I was just riding the high. Now that the dust has settled I think its just going to be a bridge too far in my heart or hearts. 

That being said, RB hadn't lost an away game in Europe all season and we turned them over.