Frankfurt players, coach, tactics

Kostic is the main stand out player for them, he has a wand of a left foot and if we don't shut that down it could prove vital. I always thought he reminded me of a poor man's Xherdan Shaqiri based on level of clubs both have played for. A couple of seasons ago kostic was mainly played on the wing so it's interesting to see he's been converted to a wing back coz he didn't look the type to want to defend. 

1 hour ago, Dave55 said:

It's going to be difficult.  Their star players or tactics dont matter. Their run to the final is more impressive than ours. Beaten west ham, Barcelona and betis as opposed to leipzig, braga and red star.

Aye just erase that Dortmund result even tho they were favourites over Barca to win it at the time

Plus West Ham and Betis are certainly European power houses 

:shifty:

Just now, HuistraHairDo said:

Aye just erase that Dortmund result even tho they were favourites over Barca to win it at the time

Aye betis who were beat by them in the groups. He's not got a clue

55 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Even if you ignore the last 32 round, ATM this is fair and accurate assessment;

Leipzig > Barca

Braga = Betis

West Ham > Red Star

1 minute ago, Jelavic191 said:

I am concerned about the hammer throwers we're playing today. Thank fuck we've already played Motherwell hahaha

those cunts will be trying, more than usual, to hurt us. while i do think we should be giving key players time to play and keep fitness up we should not be putting out a strong team. throw some younger guys in and get them match time.

13 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Their manager has said he's going to put out a shadow team until the final.

We need to be doing the same. 

Think it's a balance. Resting your strongest team for 10 days and them not having kicked a ball before a final isn't the right thing I don't think. We need to keep people sharp but also protect them.

9 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Think it's a balance. Resting your strongest team for 10 days and them not having kicked a ball before a final isn't the right thing I don't think. We need to keep people sharp but also protect them.

On ESPN FC they were having this discussion regarding Liverpool vs Real Madrid and who's position would you rather be in. Everyone including the likes of Del Piero said Liverpool, having to keep mentally focused and on top of your game to win the league and cup is more beneficial than sitting doing nothing for 2 weeks when your levels could drop and it's hard to get that back straight away.

Obviously we are in a slightly different situation with the league gone, but we can't just rest the first 11 and not play them over the next 3 league games. As you said it's about balance and giving them some rest but minutes to keep them ready for the final.

I think it's an opportunity to reduce the game time for some players, maybe give someone like Kent 45 minutes today and then maybe 20 minutes on as a sub next time.

We've got plenty of squad players who could benefit from more game time and might impress enough to push for a starting place in Seville.