*****The Official Europa League Finalists vs Ross County Match Thread*****

Strong side.

Absolutely no chance Lowry starts Wednesday.

Gio will use tried and tested players who've not put a foot wrong getting us here. 

Imagine the uproar if he started Lowry and things went bad, ruin both.

18 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If Jack doesn't make it in time, I would have no qualms about starting Lowry next week. It probably won't happen but he is good enough. I want us on the front foot next week and he brings that.

I would like to see Ramsey at some stage tonight in a false 9. It looks like Roofe is failing in his battle to be fit.

It's got to be balanced. Small details...

7 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Messi was probably the worst example he could have used 😂

The point was more about chucking someone into the starting 11 for final when they had only played 3 or 4 games before as a pro. It would be a big ask for even all time greats, never mind one of ours.

Won't happen anyway, irrespective of whether the analogy is pish :lol:

20 minutes ago, Vision said:

This looks like the squad heading for Seville, with Jack and Roofe in a race against time to get fit. The fact Lowry starts before Ramsey could indicate a surprise inclusion to start in the final if Jack doesn't make it. 

I'm gonna retract that and change it to involved, I'm trying to think why Gio isn't going all out to get Ramsey as fit as possible by starting him tonight.

16 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Playing Lowry in the final risks ruining the young lad. One mistake and he could never recover.

People keep saying this but what about Lowry's career so far indicates he's going to make a mistake? 

I'm not saying he should start but just find it confusing that people assume because a player is young he will automatically make a mistake. 

We could start someone more experienced like Davis, Arfield or Wright for example and they're just as likely or possibly even more likely to make a mistake considering they've made more of them when they've played.

This could potentially be the biggest game of Lowry's life and if the only reason he isn't able to play is not because of ability, potential or performances but because of his age, then it seems very unfair. 

1 minute ago, shaka said:

People keep saying this but what about Lowry's career so far indicates he's going to make a mistake? 

I'm not saying he should start but just find it confusing that people assume because a player is young he will automatically make a mistake. 

We could start someone more experienced like Davis, Arfield or Wright for example and they're just as likely or possibly even more likely to make a mistake considering they've made more of them when they've played.

This could potentially be the biggest game of Lowry's life and if the only reason he isn't able to play is not because of ability, potential or performances but because of his age, then it seems very unfair. 

I’m not saying he will I’m just saying if he does it could affect him and his career a lot more than some more senior players.

6 minutes ago, shaka said:

You mean like Goldsn's mistake at the weekend?

3 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

I’m not saying he will I’m just saying if he does it could affect him and his career a lot more than some more senior players.

But he could also potentially never have the chance to ever play in a European final in his career and he's literally done nothing in any game he's played so far to say he's liable to make career ending mistakes.

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

You mean like Goldsn's mistake at the weekend?

Exactly and no one would say that we can't risk Goldson in case he makes a mistake that could affect his future career.  There just seems to be an assumption that if a player is young, then we can't take a risk because they will automatically make a mistake.