Loans

I'm not a huge fan of loans either but they can be useful depending on how they are used.

Ramsay was a big gamble, it didn't work, I don't know how much it cost us but the money could of been better spent. Those responsible for it have hopefully learned a lesson.

19 minutes ago, fuckthespl said:

How far back do we have to go to come across a Rangers loan signing that actually benefited us? Steven Davis in 2008?

Hagi, Defoe, Kent, Murphy, Vuckic, Bartley, Diouf, Weiss…

Even the likes of Coulibaly scored some important goals. 

2008 isn’t even the last time Steven Davis was a successful loan signing for Rangers.

34 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

If they want to make Jota and Carter-Vickers proper signings then then they are looking at the thick end of 20M to just stand still. Not a sustainable model.

Pretty sure it's £12m to get them both, which is pretty good value in today's market.

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

The sale of Patterson and the Europa League run must have put a heathier pespective to the financials.

I am calling for no more loan players. Buy those we can afford and for the rest promote from the academy. For me that's the way forward.

With the likes of Hagi, Morelos, Helander and Katic due back next season we start from a strong position. I get that loanees are seen as the cheep option but I want no more of them.

Depends who the loan player is Jota and Carter Vickers have been great business for them unfortunately. 

I have no issue with loans whatsoever. 

We are a club who are always going to have to box with one hand tied behind our backs in comparison to other big clubs in Europe so we have to explore every possible avenue to improve our team and squad.

We need to be more selective about who we take on loan but if we have an opportunity to take a talented player on loan who’s going to make a telling difference to us over the course of a season then we would be crazy not to look at it.

30 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I think that 40M+ is way over the top. They will have to win a game or two to even get 30M.

The scum are guaranteed at least £24m without getting a single point, that figure will go to £27m if we fail in the qualifiers. That's also without taking into account ticket sales. They will get over £30m even if they lose 5-0 in all six matches taking everything into consideration. 

With the right loan we have the chance to get a player that we wouldn't be able to sign outright (due to transfer fee, wages etc). Nothing wrong with a quality loan if it's good for all parties. Totally agree that we should not be looking to loans to supplement the squad and should be giving our academy players those chances. I think Ramsey and Diallo were signed with the expectation (or maybe just hope) that they would impact on the starting XI more than they have. 

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

The sale of Patterson and the Europa League run must have put a heathier pespective to the financials.

I am calling for no more loan players. Buy those we can afford and for the rest promote from the academy. For me that's the way forward.

With the likes of Hagi, Morelos, Helander and Katic due back next season we start from a strong position. I get that loanees are seen as the cheep option but I want no more of them.

Benfica, Sporting and Ajax all loan players and they three probably have the best academies in the world and strongly promote youth. It's not an either or.

2 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

If you think football and developing young players is as simple as it's made out in games like FM, yeah.