Thank you

2 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

I just want to say a big thank you to every supporter, business and employee I met from Rangers on Tuesday. I don’t think in all of my years that we as away fans have been welcomed and treated so well. I don’t know if Rangers are that welcoming to all fans from England for friendly matches, but I enjoyed every second. Of course, a lot of West Ham are Rangers as well, and there seemed to be a lot of Rangers who were West Ham. I knew West Ham fans in the home-end, and come across Rangers fans in the away end. 

I can’t speak for all West Ham fans, but I think the majority really appreciated the welcome. 

As for the game, I did post something in the match thread. However, to summarise, Rangers absolutely battered us and we deserved what we got. Now it’s Geo’s team with his signings, playing a high-pressing attacking game, I think it’ll be a good season ending with 56.

I know some of you are indifferent to English clubs or prefer one of our rivals, so I expect some abuse, but for anyone there on the night and mingled with us, cheers. 

:UK:

PS, we wouldn’t mingle with any other club.

I was in the West Ham end when you played Celtic in a pre season friendly up here about 20 years ago. Slightly different atmosphere that night compared to Tuesday 😄

22 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

I was in the West Ham end when you played Celtic in a pre season friendly up here about 20 years ago. Slightly different atmosphere that night compared to Tuesday 😄

Are you a West Ham fan?

3 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

No interest in English football so not got any feelings towards West Ham, that bubbles tune is needing binned but. 

Aye I was shaking in my boots when I heard the fans singing that and I’m sure the players were the same!! 😂😂

seriously it was a great night. Atmosphere was good, it was warm and we won! Thought the West Ham fans were excellent as well 

Just now, jintybear said:

Aye I was shaking in my boots when I heard the fans singing that and I’m sure the players were the same!! 😂😂

seriously it was a great night. Atmosphere was good, it was warm and we won! Thought the West Ham fans were excellent as well 

Was a bit warm to be wearing boots mate 

57 minutes ago, fourfourtwo said:

Always liked the hammers since they signed carlos tevez and javier mascherano.

Remember that teves winner they got against man utd that kept west ham up.

Remember that, something else for one of the biggest teams in England to avoid relegation

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Are you a West Ham fan?

Not really that arsed about English fitba but always had a soft spot for them. One of my best mates is a West Ham fan, his flag was at the game on Tuesday.

Been to see them a few times through the years, such as as the play off final against Palace years ago etc.

1 minute ago, Electric Soup said:

An ex-colleague of mine, born in South Africa, brought up in London, big WHU fan.
Was that pleased for him when they picked themselves up, after the London Stadium move.
Have a shared affinity with the West Ham folk, seeing as they've been through the wringer too.

West Ham haven’t been through anything remotely similar to what we went through :lol:

Just now, .Williamson. said:

West Ham haven’t been through anything remotely similar to what we went through :lol:

Different wringers, still an upheaval.
Losing their ground was no big deal?
Winding up in a soulless stadium designed for athletics was no biggie either?
If we lost Ibrox, would be just be expected to shrug it off?

2 minutes ago, Electric Soup said:

Different wringers, still an upheaval.
Losing their ground was no big deal?
Winding up in a soulless stadium designed for athletics was no biggie either?
If we lost Ibrox, would be just be expected to shrug it off?

We wouldn't sell Ibrox and buy Hampden but. 

Too much history 

It wasn't a decision that the WHU supporters could influence.
Just like we couldn't prevent Whyte and Green getting their mits on the keys to Ibrox.
I'm not big on victim culture, and I try not to drag baggage around.
We survived, stopped Terry Munro, we've just signed some good looking players, the upcoming season is looking hopeful, and the BBC climbed down.
Too many good things to look forward to, rather than spending lots of time lamenting the past.
Never forgive, never forget, but keep looking forward too.