Colak

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why would someone like, say, Arsenal give a flying fuck at how much Keith Jackson or Bill Leckie thinks Kieran Tierney was worth?

Can’t believe a journalist is arguing AGAINST the media having a influence. :lol:

How would the press impacting the value of a player even work? 

Getting an email back rejecting your bid, linking you to Klaxon’s column saying he’s worth double :lol:

Teams don’t base their bids on what’s written in the paper. They decide based on their scouting what they’re willing to pay. If you think a team is paying £15m because Bill Leckie wrote it down you’re fucking mad.

1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

How would the press impacting the value of a player even work? 

Getting an email back rejecting your bid, linking you to Klaxon’s column saying he’s worth double :lol:

Teams don’t base their bids on what’s written in the paper. They decide based on their scouting what they’re willing to pay. If you think a team is paying £15m because Bill Leckie wrote it down you’re fucking mad.

If it was that simple, I'd be getting in touch with Edgar, 4Lads etc and getting the 'Scott Wright is worth 100m' hypetrain rolling.

Just now, SPWF said:

Probably. But to deny there’s any influence is weird. 

Nothing 'weird' about it. The media have no influence on transfer fees. No club relies on opinion pieces from the likes of Keith Jackson, Bill Leckie or Mick Stewart to determine the value of a potential transfer target. Genuine pie-in-the-sky stuff if you think clubs pay the slightest bit of attention to how the media value players.

What does happen is club will use the media to try drive value up, whether that's by 'leaking' a fake bid at a higher value or using someone in the media to suggest there is more interest in a player than there really is.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Nobody has paid an inflated transfer fee for a player in Scotland because what the likes of Keith Jackson have written about them :lol:

Not directly, no.

But there's a reasonable chance media buzz up here can attract a wider range of clubs developing an interest which in turn pushes up demand and prices.

Eventual offers stem from major interest which stems from minor interest. Therefore anything that increases the odds of minor interest taking place (i.e media buzz in this case) can be argued pushes the price of a player up.

3 hours ago, left winger said:

If we look weaker with him up front, rather than Morelos, it’s down to the way we play, and have played, for the last few seasons. We’ve relied on Alfie dropping back, moving wide and almost acting as a battering ram for the team.

I don’t think Alfie’s play has ever ‘been easy on the eye’, but he’s been tremendously effective. Now we’re seeing a totally different kind of forward, but if he misses a chance or two, it’s really easy to say - Alfie would have scored that.

My one criticism of Čolak was taking a touch before the shot against Liverpool - he didn’t need it - probs used, to a degree, to having more time up here.

It's exactly that.

Like Boyd, Colak can feel like a man down at times. With Morelos it felt like you had an extra one.

8 minutes ago, SPWF said:

This is a total myth. His link play and running of the channels is actually very good. He’s a far better footballer than Boyd ever was. Does him such a disservice to just brand him a poacher. 

Plus presses, if loses the ball chases the player down to get it back. 

His work rate is one of his attributes along with his finishing.

Really good and clever player we have.

7 hours ago, roboscot said:

In im conlepte agareemint. 

Funny thing is, Im in a 45k a year job for ma bad spellin like eh on Rangers media forum eh 🤣.

If you have not guessed by now, i dont sit on RM all day and night like you eh like ken eh. Nor do i worry what predictive text brings up eh ken like eh.

What was your previous username ya saddo, i dont recognise your name change.

59 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's exactly that.

Like Boyd, Colak can feel like a man down at times. With Morelos it felt like you had an extra one.

There is no chance in hell Boydie would ever be capable of scoring Colaks second goal btw.