Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

The manager needs to make the big decisions like these. If he feels Morelos and all the sideshow that comes with him at times is having a negative impact on the squad harmony then he needs to deal with it as he sees fit.

Smith done it with Ferguson (captain at the time) and McGregor after the whole Scotland camp carry on . As we approached the run in of a tight title race . So not every example turns out as bad as PLG

the next few weeks will show if it is the right call 

8 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Morelos came back a month earlier than planned from injury and missed most of preseason.

Fitness complaint here is a complete pile of shite.

That won't suit the usual suspects who've continuously had a go at Morelos for years including his scoring ability...

He was predicted to be back in September, had no pre season and people are acting like he should fully fit and playing 90 minutes every 3 days, deary me.

Are people ignoring he was out for 5 months?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

That won't suit the usual suspects who've continuously had a go at Morelos for years including his scoring ability...

He was predicted to be back in September, had no pre season and people are acting like he should fully fit and playing 90 minutes every 3 days, deary me.

Imagine even listening to him :lol: 

1 minute ago, Duncn said:

Keep Morelos hopefully no interest is shown in him he's knuckles down and at best signs a new deal at worst we get a Morelos who's desperate to show potential suitors what's he's all about 

Morelos hasn’t knuckled down in 4 seasons here (5 now)  

He’s been a brilliant player for us and much of our success is down to him, particularly in Europe, but he’s not had a single season at this club where he has not had issues. 

1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

PLG comparisons are lazy and unfounded.

My gut wants to tell me that Morelos will have yet another redemption arc where he returns and bangs in goals after dealing with what’s essentially a suspension, but that won’t matter for fuck all if we miss out on the Champions League without him.

Shambles really.

All eyes on Colak and goals from midfield tomorrow night.

It wasn't a comparison between the two (or the merits of) just that PLG's whole time is remembered largely by that one incident and I get the feeling that, long-term, this will end up being the big turning point in GVB's time. 

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

The club have suspended him :lol: 

Can’t believe folk are still backing him. No ones bigger than the club. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Short memory RM faithful.

We are a fucking mess right now.

Only 1 Striker

Most of our centerbacks are missing

Kent and Goldson don't look like they give a fuck

Borna seems to have lost the ability to play a forward pass

Kamara, Sakala and Jack look like they're well out the picture

Matondo looks good if played on the left and looks like me if played on the right

We are shot shy as fuck.

Gio's tactics are the only thing more negative than me! lol

Our goalie doesn't look great.

So...2-1 Rangers tomorrow night then! :) 

Feel like we are now playing with a man down tomorrow. 

Don’t mean this as a criticism of Colak but he really doesn’t get involved in the match out with sticking the ball in the net. Away from home where we are likely to have less possession we could really be doing with playing a striker who holds up the ball and links up with midfield/wide men. 

We all love Alfie but it’s really unfair on the fans and his teammates how often he’s fucked us over. 

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

He sure picks his times, the last time was when Gerrard was under huge pressure and we played Hearts in the Cup.

When does it become indefensible?

Both the club and him (as well as his agent) are stuck right now

GVB and senior players clearly feel this is necessary

But who’s signing a supposedly unfit striker with a supposedly stinking attitude - some mob in China? Nevermind the fact his contract is up soon

He’ll go nowhere

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Absolutely no chance the senior players backed plg over fergie, ffs literally the motherwell game boyd and co were visibly against him

They might have, they might not. I just remember it being put out that PLG had, at least some of, the players' backing and then Boyd scored and done his six-finger gesture and it quickly became obvious he didn't.

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

Apparently turned up MWI last Monday.

This really should be sourced with a mod because it’s WhatsApp group rumour mill shite that feeds into the agenda of people who want to attack the club

Canny just post shite like that, his head might be gone but he’s not Carlos Pena