*****Champions League Group Stage Draw*****

G.E.C.

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am expecting £150 out my bank by close of play tomorrow regardless of opposition tbh🤣 joking aside £150 is fair anything above that in the current climate will see a backlash imo

According to a few posts on FF the scum are £129

They are, and they pay it in three automatically, whereas we’re forced to pay in one

Head says Frankfurt or Porto from Pot 1, heart says Real Madrid.

Just looking at the teams in the three Pots above us is goose bump material, gonna be some ride, already envious of those who will be able to afford the three match package, just hope that the Club do not rip the pish out of it too much.

Whilst I doubt that Man City, PSG or Real will pay any attention to Pot 4, I would imagine that there will be a number of teams in Pots 1-3 hoping not to draw us as their Pot 4 opponents, which given where we were 10 years ago (Berwick away I think) is nothing short of remarkable.

1 minute ago, Jakes Pal said:

Head says Frankfurt or Porto from Pot 1, heart says Real Madrid.

Just looking at the teams in the three Pots above us is goose bump material, gonna be some ride, already envious of those who will be able to afford the three match package, just hope that the Club do not rip the pish out of it too much.

Whilst I doubt that Man City, PSG or Real will pay any attention to Pot 4, I would imagine that there will be a number of teams in Pots 1-3 hoping not to draw us as their Pot 4 opponents, which given where we were 10 years ago (Berwick away I think) is nothing short of remarkable.

Why are Porto even in pot 1?

I want the hardest possible draw I appreciate that will mean no European football at Christmas but am OK with that as long as its a proper champions league group 🤣👍

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I want the hardest possible draw I appreciate that will mean no European football at Christmas but am OK with that as long as its a proper champions league group 🤣👍

Pot 1 is league champions from the top ranked nations, and the Europa league and champions league holders.

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

£2.7M per win in the group stage I believe, keep the glamour ties for the knockout stage :thumbsup:, but of course, as I hinted above I do not think that anyone will moan too much if PSG or Man City roll up to Ibrox in the very near future. 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Though I want revenge against Frankfurt ! 

Reckon we would have a serious chance of beating them home and away, they have had what could be generously described as a mediocre start to the season, with a 6-1 leathering from Bayern in the mix.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Since 2015 they’ve changed the seeding for Pot 1 for the title holders of both European trophies and the league winners from the top 8 leagues.

If we draw Shakhtar, Sporting or Salzburg from pot 3 then I don't care who else we get. Benfica too probably. 

Give us a good chance of not finishing 4th and I'm happy. 

Probably a couple of teams in Pots 1 and 2 that would give us a chance of even staying in the CL. Such is the confidence :lol:

13 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

It's mental, your head's telling you easiest please, but your heart's telling you Madrid, Liverpool, Inter or similar  :lol:

If your heads telling you 'the easiest' you need your head seen to :lol:....Three big fuck off glamour ties please. Couldn't give a flying fuck about getting out the group stages at the moment to be honest.

Nor do i really care if we take a few skelpings in the process. It's character building and all part of the journey back to where we were. 

5 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

For glamour and big nights: Real Madrid Liverpool and Inter Milan. Though I want revenge against Frankfurt ! 

If we are looking to progress I'd rather a big hitter from pot 1 that beats everyone at leaves us fighting for 2nd and 3rd.

Porto or a Frankfurt could easily get beat by us and the other teams leaving it a free for all. 

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

If your heads telling you 'the easiest' you need your head seen to :lol:....Three big fuck off glamour ties please. Couldn't give a flying fuck about getting out the group stages at the moment to be honest.

Nor do i really care if we take a few skelpings in the process. It's character building and all part of the journey back to where we were. 

We're going to have to beat the biggest sides to win it anyway, so might as well just dump them out in the group stages.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If we are looking to progress I'd rather a big hitter from pot 1 that beats everyone at leaves us fighting for 2nd and 3rd.

Porto or a Frankfurt could easily get beat by us and the other teams leaving it a free for all. 

I’m ecstatic to be there mate. The easiest draw is obviously our best chance. Whoever we get its going to be extremely fuckin tough and to finish in the top 2 very unlikely. So big teams for me ! 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

I’m ecstatic to be there mate. The easiest draw is obviously our best chance. Whoever we get its going to be extremely fuckin tough and to finish in the top 2 very unlikely. So big teams for me ! 

Very valid argument, enjoy the glamour of the true Big Boys coming to Ibrox and hopefully do enough to get into the Europa, which as we all know, can be a nice wee consolation.

2 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

For me 1 "glamour" team and 2 winnable oppononents i.e Frankfurt, Shaktar.

Saying that just happy to be there and think we should fear nobody