*****The Official Rangers v Nonce FC Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Callum McGregor is their most important player, he is the base of the 3 in midfield and starts all attacks / connects their defence to their attack. Been thinking through the day about how we could stop that and reckon we could play Kamara as a 10 and tell him to get pushed up close to him - forcing them to go long plays into our hands because neither none of their expected starting front 3 can do anything in the air. 

Exactly mate, old school man marking.

6 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

We won at their midden last season with our third choice keeper ffs!

No we didn't we got absolutely fucking pumped 3-0 and in the other 1-1 game we should have won about 5-3 but they were pish in front of goal and we were worse. I think Sakala alone missed 3 great chances

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Exactly mate, old school man marking.

Dutch managers don't tend to like it, they much prefer players to mark spaces and have intelligent positional play, but what I've seen from Gio so far is that he's not your stereotypical Dutch manager (I mean, we don't even play the classic Dutch 4-3-3) and he is quite pragmatic. In the 2nd half we played up there in the 1-1 game, we had their number and had it not been for us being so unbelievably wasteful in front of goal we'd have beat them. Of course, with that said, in the 1st half Jota + Maeda missed two absolute sitters that would have put them 3-1 up at half time (Kent should have scored too but sclaffed it wide).

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

No we didn't we got absolutely fucking pumped 3-0 and in the other 1-1 game we should have won about 5-3 but they were pish in front of goal and we were worse. I think Sakala alone missed 3 great chances

The one he hit the post :megaanguish:

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The one he hit the post :megaanguish:

The free header from the corner, the one where he hit the post, the one where he outstrengthed carter-vickers then couldn't get the ball out from his feet and hit it straight at the keeper

Not having Lawrence is more of a kick in the stones than it should be due to him playing really well for us and recruitment.

I’m just trying to think if I’d go for a pressing midfielder like Arfield who knows the fixture or a wide player then you’re inevitably playing Wright,

with that in mind my two centre mids  would be Lundstram/Kamara like PSV away.

This is where our options off the bench apart from Alfie if fit and Davis to calm things down are a bit under-par and not exciting.

16 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Not having Lawrence is more of a kick in the stones than it should be due to him playing really well for us and recruitment.

Big miss for how we need to go about this (miss Aribo) but possibly Kamara with his PSV head on will do the job

1 hour ago, psb07158 said:

Callum McGregor is their most important player, he is the base of the 3 in midfield and starts all attacks / connects their defence to their attack. Been thinking through the day about how we could stop that and reckon we could play Kamara as a 10 and tell him to get pushed up close to him - forcing them to go long plays into our hands because neither none of their expected starting front 3 can do anything in the air. 

Definitely need to isolate him out the game. 

Of course we could also go with the Lundstram approach of putting him right up in the air 😀

^^^^ this is what we want to avoid tbh. These cunts will get every decision and the priest will not hesitate to book our guys. I'd like Lundstram and Davis as holding with Tillman and Kamara free to tackle anything (less chance of them being sent off). Have Kent wide and Colak in front. Sands can step out to support Davis when Lundstram goes forward.

Just now, geneva_ger said:

^^^^ this is what we want to avoid tbh. These cunts will get every decision and the priest will not hesitate to book our guys. I'd like Lundstram and Davis as holding with Tillman and Kamara free to tackle anything (less chance of them being sent off). Have Kent wide and Colak in front. Sands can step out to support Davis when Lundstram goes forward.

Priest?

🤣🤣🤣