*****The Official Rangers v Nonce FC Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

McLaughlin

Tavernier Goldson Sands Barisic

Arfield Lundstram Tillman

Morelos Colak Kent

GK & Defence = Picks itself

Midfield = We CANNOT play two negative midfield players or we will be overrun once again, Arfield is a battler whilst still being able to contribute offensively, Tillman is the flair player.

Attack = Colak & Kent pick themselves, I doubt anyone will agree with me reference Morelos; but hear me out…

Lawrence is out, Wright simply isn’t good enough to make a proper impact against anyone other than jobber teams, Arfield & Tillman are needed in CM. Matondo would more than likely be Diallo vs the tarriers part 2. Sakala after his cup performance shouldn’t be near the starting lineup.

Morelos would play on the right but would be drifting into the box as often as possible and provide another physical target to hold the ball up the pitch and give them something to think about.

He would be absolutely desperate to prove himself and work his way back into the team, it could be a game winning curveball considering the lack of real options otherwise.

4 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

McLaughlin

Morelos Colak Kent

Midfield = We CANNOT play two negative midfield players or we will be overrun once again, Arfield is a battler whilst still being able to contribute offensively, Tillman is the flair player.

Attack = Colak & Kent pick themselves, I doubt anyone will agree with me reference Morelos; but hear me out…

Lawrence is out, Wright simply isn’t good enough to make a proper impact against anyone other than jobber teams, Arfield & Tillman are needed in CM. Matondo would more than likely be Diallo vs the tarriers part 2. Sakala after his cup performance shouldn’t be near the starting lineup.

Morelos would play on the right but would be drifting into the box as often as possible and provide another physical target to hold the ball up the pitch and give them something to think about.

He would be absolutely desperate to prove himself and work his way back into the team, it could be a game winning curveball considering the lack of real options otherwise.

Have to start Kamara over Arfield. For sure we need to try and be more attacking. But celtic play an ultra aggressive press at home in the first 30. So the midfield will be getting next to no time on the ball with 2 men rushing them. That’s not Airfield’s strengths - having the ball under pressure around the halfway line. He played in the February game and couldn’t keep possession at all.

Kamara if he shows up is by far our best player against a high press. If he plays like he did against PSV he’s capable of taking the ball on the turn and have us attacking at their back 4. Arfield at best can play it backwards one touch. Arfield you bring on second half where celtic tire as they can’t keep it up for 90. We will have more possession and he can get on the ball around their box and make his late runs where he’s effective. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Fucking unreal. A wean has died and that's their comment directly to the mother. Utter cunts.

Hopefully those going from our support give a minutes applause for a mum who has lost her bairn, and we rise above the level of cunt that prioritises sevcoing over common decency.

Think this squad have shown they can compete at a high level against attacking teams.

I think we’re finally back to the 50/50 old firm days where it’s a matter of which team wants it more on the day.

Predicting an end to end game plenty chances for both teams and hopefully we come out on top, we need it more so they don’t open a 5 point gap but a draw away at them at this point in the season wouldn’t be the end of the world.

18 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Matondo to set up the winner yassssss

I’m still hopeful this lad will come good but wouldn’t have him anywhere near the starting 11 Saturday unless injuries mean we’ve no choice. Barasic is also a concern for this match their manky fans will pile the pressure on knowing he crumbles.

17 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

I’m still hopeful this lad will come good but wouldn’t have him anywhere near the starting 11 Saturday unless injuries mean we’ve no choice. Barasic is also a concern for this match their manky fans will pile the pressure on knowing he crumbles.

Yeah I'm just sticking up for the boy, don't think he's ready to start that game either. Would be nice if he came on and had an impact.

As long as we don't go there and lose it's all good

6 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

McLaughlin

Morelos Colak Kent

Fucking hell haha 

That is mental. Cheers for that mate, needed a laugh the day. 

According to most tims this game is won already,but I've heard this before many,many times....Their displays in the last few weeks have got the mutants salivating with some of them saying '' we're frightening ''  '' unstoppable '' ''relentless '',ect

That's what I want hear as it makes it much sweeter if we win,the tims were on fire against the likes of Killie, Dundee Utd and Ross County, but we're far better than those teams, they haven't met any teams who'll give them problems, hopefully we work hard and close them down and exploit their all out attack which does leave spaces which we can exploit.