Ross Wilson

SkylineBlue

7 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Wilson didn't sign the 3 players I've highlighted above.

His signings :

Hagi

Kamberi (loan)

Bassey

Defoe  (Free)

McLaughlin  (Free)

Balugun  (Free)

Roofe

Itten

Zungu   (Loan)

Simpson

Wright

Sakala   (Free)

Ofoborh   (Free)

Lundstram  (Free)

Bacuna

Alegria

Sands   (Loan)

Diallo  (Loan)

Zukowski

Ramsey   (Loan)

Souttar  (Free)

Colak

Lawrence  (Free)

Matondo

Davies

Tillman  (Loan)

Yilmaz

His outgoings (for transfer fees)

Grezda

Rudden

Polster

McCrorie

Docherty

Edmundson

Jones

Patterson

Bacuna

Itten

Aribo

Bassey

Middleton

Simpson

Those highlighted were not signed by Wilson.

Without taking into account any add-ons  We have probably paid in the region of £19 million and brought in approx £39 million so a nett income of £20 million in transfer fees.  Having said that his success rate in all signings is pretty poor in my opinion.

As much as I can't stand the man and want rid, you have basically just said he had made us 20m under his tenure.

Not great in three years but certainly not all bad.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

As much as I can't stand the man and want rid, you have basically just said he had made us 20m under his tenure.

Matters not one fuck. He's took us backwards since winning 55 rather than staying ahead of the chase! 

It's unbelievable the position of strength we were in, and they cunts were on their knees. Now look at it. Fucking unacceptable mate, nothing to gloss over here :headwall:

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

My figures don't reflect the real picture though.  Approx £21 million of sales were of players signed before Wilson came to the club.

5 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I agree with all of this.

Though it's strange how quickly things can change - wasn't that long ago people thought we had a great transfer window.

To be fair, that was based on the assumption the players would come in quickly and improve the starting 11, on the evidence so far none of that has happened in the big games when we needed it most, and its galling as fuck.

3 hours ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

To be fair, that was based on the assumption the players would come in quickly and improve the starting 11, on the evidence so far none of that has happened in the big games when we needed it most, and its galling as fuck.

Lawrence is a very good signing, unfortunately he got injured. Was making us tick. 5 more of him please, and 5 more of Bassey. 

7 hours ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Lawrence is a very good signing, unfortunately he got injured. Was making us tick. 5 more of him please, and 5 more of Bassey. 

Bassey is our biggest loss of loosing a player since Jelavic.

Only those with no clue of football could see what Bassey brought us.

His impact made the stands roar in approval alas helping othef players on the park gee thenselves up.

I liked the idea of a DoF and a recruitment team so that if the manager said he wanted a midfielder (for example) than he would be given a list to pick from with all due diligence on the players already done.

Clearly it is not working and the buck stops with the DoF. Wilson just has to go having failed at his job.

11 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

His signings :

Hagi

Kamberi (loan)

Bassey

Defoe  (Free)

McLaughlin  (Free)

Balugun  (Free)

Roofe

Itten

Zungu   (Loan)

Simpson

Wright

Sakala   (Free)

Ofoborh   (Free)

Lundstram  (Free)

Bacuna

Alegria

Sands   (Loan)

Diallo  (Loan)

Zukowski

Ramsey   (Loan)

Souttar  (Free)

Colak

Lawrence  (Free)

Matondo

Davies

Tillman  (Loan)

Yilmaz

Grezda

Rudden

Polster

McCrorie

Docherty

Edmundson

Jones

Patterson

Bacuna

Itten

Aribo

Bassey

Middleton

Simpson

Without taking into account any add-ons  We have probably paid in the region of £19 million and brought in approx £39 million so a nett income of £20 million in transfer fees.  Having said that his success rate in all signings is pretty poor in my opinion.

He was very, very lucky with Bassey (even a broken clock is right twice a day) and, if you exclude that single player, we’re lucky to break even in transfer deals.

The other consideration, which these figures don’t show, is the figure for salaries for duds and/or wasters.

No idea what the total wage bill would be for Zukowski, Yilmaz, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Ofoborh, Ramsey, Diallo, Simpson, Bacuna and Souttar (to date) but it would just be even more depressing.

We were delighted to get Wilson at the time and his reputation was strong but, by fuck, he’s been like a reverse Midas, turning gold into shite.

52 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

He was very, very lucky with Bassey (even a broken clock is right twice a day) and, if you exclude that single player, we’re lucky to break even in transfer deals.

The other consideration, which these figures don’t show, is the figure for salaries for duds and/or wasters.

No idea what the total wage bill would be for Zukowski, Yilmaz, Helander, Roofe, Hagi, Ofoborh, Ramsey, Diallo, Simpson, Bacuna and Souttar (to date) but it would just be even more depressing.

We were delighted to get Wilson at the time and his reputation was strong but, by fuck, he’s been like a reverse Midas, turning gold into shite.

Even luckier when you consider it was partly Wilsons poor recruitment that meant Bassey became a regular at CB for us and got us as much as we did.

Personally I’m not a fan of having DoF I’d rather the management team and scouts deal with that stuff again.

I still don’t understand how Gio apparently didn’t look at anyone from leagues or teams he’s been involved in that right away to me was unusual.

32 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: god please no

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/exclusive-middlesbrough-sheffield-united-sunderland-west-brom-and-rangers-among-clubs-looking-at-ex-england-international-free-agent/

Between this and Cahill I’m assuming Wilson is just looking at the England Euro 2016 squad :lol:

4 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Never could work out why his reputation was strong because apart from managing to get a job at Southampton he seems to have done nothing of note.

37 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

BTW think this is rubbish and there's nothing in it.

Alan Hutton suggested a couple of days ago we should sign him and it seems to have run from there.

There’s load of people who look at our squad and say “do you know what they are really missing? A veteran defensive midfielder”  superb punditry from Alan Hutton that :lol:

17 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

His signings :

Hagi

Kamberi (loan)

Bassey

Defoe  (Free)

McLaughlin  (Free)

Balugun  (Free)

Roofe

Itten

Zungu   (Loan)

Simpson

Wright

Sakala   (Free)

Ofoborh   (Free)

Lundstram  (Free)

Bacuna

Alegria

Sands   (Loan)

Diallo  (Loan)

Zukowski

Ramsey   (Loan)

Souttar  (Free)

Colak

Lawrence  (Free)

Matondo

Davies

Tillman  (Loan)

Yilmaz

Grezda

Rudden

Polster

McCrorie

Docherty

Edmundson

Jones

Patterson

Bacuna

Itten

Aribo

Bassey

Middleton

Simpson

Take Bassey out the equation and he’s breaking even. Chuck out Patterson’s fee (from the academy and fuck all to do with Wilson) and we’re running at a £10-15m loss. Whatever we can get for Kent, Kamara and Morelos in January and were still nowhere near breaking even. We got anymore sellable assets at the moment?

Thats a piss poor return from a director of football at what is now a selling club.

We need shot of the wee fucker.